The online racing simulator
The fact that the database server for the multiplayer lobby has been down for several days and is still down even after kunos' miraculous reappearance should provide some indication of how actively kunos et al are supporting their product. If they can't even be bothered to bring the database server back online, what reason is there to think that they're doing any work on netKar PRO at all?
#52 - joen
And that download server has been crawling at terribly low speeds for ages.
Yeah it's really weird your product doesn't sell if you can't even provide a reasonable download of your product.
Wow I can't een download it because the downloader doesn't work. You click the link to download the full version and it says "Page cannot be displayed". Well done nK.
Quote from Shotglass :thats a different situation though ... lfs was fully functional when the devs went for their sabbatical (with some very underdeveloped aero physics and a tyre model that wasnt quite right but the game itself was virtually bug free) ... plus we got a little update every now and then that theyre still alive and just taking a little break

And, of course, we should not forget about the kitchen progress report thread.

Does anyone know anything about Kunos' kitchen?

Didn't think so.
What's his kitchen got anything to do with it.
What happend to the kitchen progress report anyways? Was it finished? I've seen it before, but I kinda lost track of it I guess.
Instead of wasting my time downloading NetKrap pro, it's time for more LFS I guess
Quote from BuddhaBing :The fact that the database server for the multiplayer lobby has been down for several days and is still down even after kunos' miraculous reappearance should provide some indication of how actively kunos et al are supporting their product. If they can't even be bothered to bring the database server back online, what reason is there to think that they're doing any work on netKar PRO at all?

It can also be that they are moving the stuff to new server and it took longer than they thought. It always doesn't have to be the worst option. I am sceptical about the nk pro future as well, but I wouldn't just hang 'em right away (not before christmas ).
Quote from VALE 46 :Zandvoort, Monaco, Silverstone, working but need to dev kit to make them graphically up to standards, and scratch built Nordschleiffe which is still wip i guess, and the BMW M5 apparently

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=261366

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=249827

Apparently Monaco, Zandvoort and Silverstone are just conversions from nK namie? So basicly those are not "ready for release" as you said.

I know about the teh 'Ring and that BMW M5 was for Racer... I think you misunderstood because it was discussed in the same thread. That Nordschleife is incredible, if they're really doing it from the scratch and not based on the good old GPL version

And... weird news: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=261925

And yet Kunos doesn't even care to post that in the official page.
I've been racing the Monaco track and it's actually really good. There are graphical problems, but the layout and racing experience is scarily good.

I hope for good things for the future of netkar. The more quality sims the better.
#64 - Vain
Definitely laugh. I can see how much you've been a priority the last months. I sense sarkasm of the evil type.

Vain
Well now BRD and nKp are parteners its unlikely we wont see any updates, it can only really get better from here on

And Kunos also said this

"Remember that Netkar was born and evolved as free software developed in the famous "spare time"...I must admit that I very often felt the sensation of incertainty and instability in the last two years of (developing) NKP...therefore I find it difficult to believe that now that the project is more stable, the reaction you expect is that NKP will be abandoned, put aside or neglected...it doesn't make sense.

The deal with BRD was born from the fact that both sides have found persons with a very similar vision of the future of simracing. This is just the first step in a common project but things don't change from a day to the other and NKP and all those who bought it are and will always be our absolute priority."

With the backing from BRD, even if nKp doesnt sell much commercialy it will still have a reason to be developed because BRD are going to be using it.
In my opinion, the partnership with BRD was a wise decision by him. It was not good to completely abandon his customers for such a long time, but if the current financial state caused him nausea then any patches would've probably been of very questionable quality anyway. I mean, who would be able to deliver a quality product if alone the thought of it makes your stomach turn?

In the end I think, that the trainwreck, that the nKP release was, wouldn't have resulted in an adequate profit margin for a very long time, and maybe it never will. It would've kinda floated along, never really exceeding small-medium customer numbers, especially because of the reputation that is now pretty much manifested in most simracers. Of course I wish it my best luck, but it would have to be the damnest best software released ever to convince me to shell out my €€€, after all what has happend.

Now that he has a financial backing I can see nKP actually moving on again. If his concerns about profit from nKP got eradicated, then he should be back to his old form, actually coding because it is fun, and because he has set himself a goal. And that goal should be to create the most realistic racing sim ever, not beating Bill Gates (from a financial point of view ).
lol im looking again at the winners of the BHMotorsports, and look what won most promising... netkar.. lol kinda sad what happened afterwards
http://www.netkar-pro.com/

Website has been updated. It is mainly repeating what has been said on forums. Lets hope they are back into the swing of things and can progress nKar Pro a bit more.
I'll consider trying the new demo when its released!
#70 - axus
Nice of them to misspell "August".

Jokes aside, I look forward to trying out an improved and more representative demo... if they don't botch it up again, maybe I'll even buy it.
I wonder how much content will be in the demo this time....
i.e. will they include the AIM system, or at least give you the revs and gear that your in?
I suspect the demo won't change much, but will merely be updated with whatever updates they provide for the full version. Kind of LFS style.

Anyway, I mirror Axus's view that I might even buy it if they begin to progress and make steady improvements. However, so much as another blip on the customer relations front then I think they will have blown it.
So Kunos finally found his English dictionary... First time since April I'm hopeful about nK's future.
In another thread some guys are bashing Montoya, and they also wear Finnish flags. That's becoming worrying... This thread should be named "Deggis on NetKar daily".

deggis, your first post made sense, but now, after making jokes on his every word and flaming with others, you look like a clown.
Quote from detail :In another thread some guys are bashing Montoya, and they also wear Finnish flags.

We can start wearing Antartica flags if that makes you feel any better. And trust me, Montoya bashing is thing of the past, he doesn't mean anything anymore.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG