OMG, Kunos have just woken up from the grave!
http://www.drivingitalia.net/f ... howtopic=29342&st=10#

He made his first post since April (when combining rscnet.org and drivingitalia.net posts!). Who thinks this is the right way to treat customers? First he releases some crap (that would have potential with a developer that knows how to developer a product) that can be hardly labeled as 1.0 and even lacks some of the promised features and then he simply disappears. I guess he had a nice vacation in some sunny place... Since the small patch in April it has been competele silence. I think he do not even understand how annoying this is. Maybe he's just too afraid of saying anything in rscnet.org (or getting whacked on the street when he next time leaves his house).

Here's a translation from the post which has pretty low information value: http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... =3128928&postcount=50

Funny: "Kunos is sorry for the absence that so far nk pro has sold less than expected"

LOL, I just wonder why...
#2 - ajp71
So basically since April he hasn't been arsed due to low sales and was going to can it then he got some money and is now 'working on it' sounds really promising to me if he manages to string it out until April it won't have to be a free upgrade
#3 - joen
Too little too late.
He knew what he was getting himself into from the start. Maybe if he would have at least acknowledged his community this could have been saved. What the hell does money have to do with at least keeping your community informed? Or does posting a message on RSC cost money these days?

Kunos is a joke.
so wait, do you think he took the money and pretty much just ran with it?
making a fun and realistic simulator takes alot of talent and focus...

I predict DR will have much better reviews than netkar did when it is released.
Quote from XCNuse :so wait, do you think he took the money and pretty much just ran with it?

Pretty much yes. Until he actually gives something concrete exchange (read: a patch that actually fixes something).
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I don't follow nK so someone explain who Kunos is. I'm guessing it's the nK dev.
You're guessing right.
#10 - joen
Quote from nutty boy :I don't follow nK so someone explain who Kunos is. I'm guessing it's the nK dev.

Say you have Scawen. Then you take away his communication skills, his interaction with and sense of responsibility towards his community. Then you have Kunos. Well, basically.
Well, I think it's good he hasn't abandoned nKP completely. Maybe in the future it will be in a state where it holds what it promised now since April, who knows.

The only really funny thing is how some RSC members immediately got their pink glasses back on, the second Kunos words were posted. [etals:] :rolleyes:
Is it just me, or are ScaViEr the only people who have ever pulled off an independantly developed and published sim with any degree of success? All the independent sims I've followed have basically died, save maybe Racer, and even that, I don't think the development is really going anywhere. I think nKPro's issues really show how tough of a market this is, and how amazing it is that LFS is where it is.

The fact that Scawen has the confidence to have a kid and build a family is, at least I think, I true indicator of the health of LFS, and the developers devotion to it.

(BTW, Kunos is the nK developer)
great and he doesnt even bother to post it in a langue most everybody understands

Quote from 96 GTS :Is it just me, or are ScaViEr the only people who have ever pulled off an independantly developed and published sim with any degree of success?

todd seems to be rather successfull with vrc ... dunno if its the fact that its the only proper rc sim atm or (more likely) that he seems to understand physics and not just coding
How much do you think Scavier have.
Well, although I am not wearing the old rose tinted spectacles and I do agree that it has been handled badley, I still think that if Kunos can continue to work hard then over time he might be able to establish nKar Pro a bit better and develop a better community.

For me nKar is the second most promising sim after LFS and I admired its 'hardcore' approach. Ignoring the glitches I thought it was easily just as playable as LFS and in some cases more fun.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :How much do you think Scavier have.

how much what?
IMO there is only one thing that can be blamed for the failure of nKP. The hype.

Both Kunos' dev reports and the "quality" previews from AutoSimSport created a huge hype around nKP, and with that also huge expectations from not only its fanbase, but also from the casual onlookers. Everybody was waiting for the sim of all sims. For the piece of software that will make all other developers sweat in fear. That sim, that will make all other sims obsolete.

They climbed high, they fell deep. Actually they were so high, that the fall didn't even stop at ground level but instead created a huge crater that slowly started filling with water. Water that was boiling because they were close to a magma current.

I'm still of the opinion that one post, one statement from Kunos, saying that the game is still not quite in a state he wants it to be, saying that it probably has bugs, just one honest, official paragraph would've prevented all this drama. And I mean ALL of it. It would even have worked if he said it one day prior to release. But he decided to keep his glass castle intact. And on release, instead of getting some mild cracks here and there, the whole damn thing shattered like a mirror subjected to Michael Jacksons noseless visage.

Quote from Shotglass :great and he doesnt even bother to post it in a langue most everybody understands

todd seems to be rather successfull with vrc ... dunno if its the fact that its the only proper rc sim atm or (more likely) that he seems to understand physics and not just coding

I had completely forgotten about that :doh:
AndroidXPs post pretty much sums it all up. I do however feel that all this anger towards Kunas is unjust. As it was already mentioned above about how difficult it is to break into the independant developers market and i think NkPro deserves a chance even though it might appear to be a failure in its current state. Which i think it hasn't been totaly, it has its large fair share of problems but with time these problems will be adressed and hopefully put right. No one gets it right the first time (apart from scavier ) we are all human beings, we all make mistakes but then we also learn from our mistakes.

Although i think going into a period of silence wasnt ideal and has only worsened peoples view towards the development I think Kunos will get things right eventually and Nkpro will be quite a success. It will now just have to break through the negative views within the community and change the views slowly.

Its good to see Kunos back, and its good to know Nkpro will continue and i hope they can fix and develop nk into succesful sim.

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :AndroidXPs post pretty much sums it all up. I do however feel that all this anger towards Kunas is unjust. As it was already mentioned above about how difficult it is to break into the independant developers market and i think NkPro deserves a chance even though it might appear to be a failure in its current state.

The biggest issue isn't the bugs of nK but the way how Kunos have treated paying customers. No excuse explains this total silence since April.

And actually this hasn't changed the situation (or what situation?) at all, he didn't say anything about the future of nK or when he will continue working on it again..
Would you be happy if Scavier just disappeared and stopped bringing out test patches and real patches. We'd be stuck with a undevoloping game and it would get boring after a while.
Judging by the way he has treated his customers, he must have in his mind the possibility (perhaps even liked the idea) of canning the whole thing. If that were not an option, he couldn't have afforded to let the relationship degrade in the way it has.

It's a shame, there was a lot of enthusiasm for this thing, and a lot of support for Kunos too, but this is all of his making and only he can put it right. One half-update every 3 months is insufficient though.

ps: I'm not online at [dsRC] Battle Grounds. How odd.
Quote from sinbad :ps: I'm not online at [dsRC] Battle Grounds. How odd.

Strange
LFSW says you're not online, but your last race was on this server...
The thing is, its ok to be angry when there was silence, but now that he's back what is everyone complaining about? nKp will (hopefuly) improve from here on, the basic game is fine, it works online and hopfuly a new patch will sort out the people that are having trouble online. There are new tracks and cars pretty much finished and ready to go in the game when the devkit is released, so the future of nKp is looking positive
nKP deserves to be put in the list of farces, along with the XFL and TRAC.

I would consider it heretical to compare Kunos to Scawen. Scawen actually give two s**ts about sim racing, Kunos doesn't even give an eight of one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG