The online racing simulator
revs drop mid drift
(9 posts, started )
revs drop mid drift
okay so it does exactly what the title says, it can be a power over, e-brake a feint clutch kick it just bogs down even if im only at 30 degree angle im using a g27 all manual thanks in advance!
Quote from ClarityBreh :okay so it does exactly what the title says, it can be a power over, e-brake a feint clutch kick it just bogs down even if im only at 30 degree angle im using a g27 all manual thanks in advance!

It's either steering aids on or demo cars are too weak to drift.
ahh okay ill pick up s2 when i have the money then
#4 - Omar1
yeah xrg is quite hard on colds, get your tyres warmed up and the revs should stay up!
The XRG isn't underpowered for drifting. The setups that you are using is just too grippy. So adjust your suspension so that it loses grip faster and easier. The easiest way is to use a less grippy tire compound. Put knobs on the rear would be where I'd start.

If you are losing revs mid drift, it may also mean that you are entering the corner with too much angle. Try entering with a smaller slip when your tires are still cold and relatively grippy. As they warm up, you'll find that you'll be able to maintain the rev even at higher angles and less throttle.
Needing off-road tires to keep the tires spinning pretty much means the car is underpowered? Even with the most slippery setup the car is underpowered.
To me XRG just feels so wrong, like a boat.
I looked at buying a Mx-5 Mk1 1.6 as my 1st drift car in real life. (Not much power at all)
I went down to santa pod DWYB. A tip i got from most guys. blow the rear tires up. the more pressure means you have less grip. making it easier for the rears to lose traction on underpowered cars.
Well, you don't have to switch off the norms for knobs. You can use hybrids. Or you can use norms all around and play with the suspension. But you guys are making it sound like you can't maintain rev with XRG in a drift, or even drift with the XRG at all which isn't true. You can setup an XRT to lose speed in a drift too (whilst applying full throttle). Does that make the XRT underpowered? Even the XR3 will have that problem. But hey, is 300hp not enough? I wonder... Oh right, the car is on slicks. It may feel underpowered for you guys because you're used to the bigger powerful cars, but for someone who hasn't been there before won't know the difference. For someone who simply wants to enjoy a little drifting, doesn't necessarily need to buy S2 (though I'm sure everyone would recommend it).

As EVO said, there are many things you can do to your car to make it more drift happy. Typically, you want to only change ONE thing in garage. If you make more change, how do you know which one made a difference?
1. Less grippy rear tire compounds (Hybrids work fine too)
2. Increase rear tire pressure (not too much either)
3. More rear toe-out (-0.1 initially)
4. Increase rear anti-roll bar stiffness (just a few clicks)

You can also try applying the opposite to the front which would have a similar overall effect (ie. grippier tires on the front - norms)

revs drop mid drift
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG