The online racing simulator
need help with a picture of f1 car
(12 posts, started )
hi

iam working on a drawing of mclaren f1 car from the 80's , now i think the model is the mp4/3 , but i stoped the drawing because the wing looks funny to me , there is alittle part that i circled in green that i cant find in any other mclaren f1 cars from that time . is that a special wing they did for the race or is the camera was drunk ?

here is the pic , thanks for help :]

That is Senna's mp4/4 from 1988. He was not at McLaren when they ran the mp4/3.
looking again it is odd, the mp4/4 didnt have a second lower wing but pretty sure senna only ran number 12 on the mp4/4
Could this be some Monaco only setup?
Quote from Rappa Z :It's another plane of the rear wing. Here's another picture.

http://www.formula1.com/photos ... t/hof_profile_left_45.jpg

Hmm in my picture that part of the spoiler looks higher and the car is diffrent aswell , anyway I will just draw that as i see in my picture iven if it dosent make sense , i'll just asume they made a special spoiler for that race day. thanks for helping
Could be a one off for the 88 Detroit gp found this pic but no more info

Quote from GAVD999 :Could be a one off for the 88 Detroit gp found this pic but no more info

Hmm the spoiler looks right finally another picture to prove this one of a kind spoiler , thanks , although I don't think it was the detroit gp because the bottom spoiler isn't painted in the picture iam using , I can be wrong , never saw that race , only way to back it up is to check if it was a rainy day . Any way thanks again , I will post the drawing when I'll finish if you will be interested , also I will be making a drawing of one of fiction cars in lfs , any idea which one I should draw ? .
Could be that your pic was taken from an early testing of the wing which is why it isn't painted?

Quote from shimon-ifraimov :I will post the drawing when I'll finish if you will be interested.

Please do
After getting 'comfortable' with modern F1 cars, it's crazy how high up and vulnerable the driver's head is on the old cars.
I know which one I'd rather be in if it flipped over.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG