The online racing simulator
The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the series in action?

Yes
No
Maybe
One can easily miss that bit if it is just edited into the opening post. Why was the knock-out qualifying been scrapped? I mean that bit is easy to monitor and all
Quote from TFalke55 :One can easily miss that bit if it is just edited into the opening post. Why was the knock-out qualifying been scrapped? I mean that bit is easy to monitor and all

because we don't actually thought if people liked it, since this is his first league we thought we would keep it simple
We were also thinking of getting a rescue and safety car for the races. MRT's flip over easily and don't have a reverse gear so dangerous moments might appear.
Quote from RandomnessInside :We were also thinking of getting a rescue and safety car for the races. MRT's flip over easily and don't have a reverse gear so dangerous moments might appear.

that will be good for all racers
We are not dead - we are waiting for votes for layout testing.
Thank goodness.
I'd be up for testing some layouts. As long as it's not on a Sunday, I tend to be busy then.
If we vote by posting , I can test them layouts too
Quote from F1 mainiac :If we vote by posting , I can test them layouts too

Well, we do not want just 3-4 messages saying "I want to test the layouts" or similiar, we want you to show us you are really looking forward for the series by testing the layouts with a big group.
Is there a track that's worth testing right now? Even if it's not completed, is there something?
Quote from Texpelt88 :Is there a track that's worth testing right now? Even if it's not completed, is there something?

Every 6 tracks have already been completed drive-wise, now we just need to add the adverts, finish the walls/sectors/brake markers and make custom cameras. But driving is already possible on every track.
Anything we, the "helpers", can do?
-
(RandomnessInside) DELETED by RandomnessInside : updated layouts to come
Sounds good, I'll test them after the race today.
I vote for fixed setups and saturday races! Btw. Can I be the safety car driver. It does'nt require much skill and i would like to be in this league.
Quote from HenkkaWRC :Can I be the safety car driver. It does'nt require much skill and i would like to be in this league.

We'll discuss about that later, shall we? There might be others as well to take the job.
Okey.
Is anyone aware of the layouts?
I am. I tested them! I think they are good, but bit too long.
Quote from HenkkaWRC :I tested them! I think they are good, but bit too long.

We are aware of their length, but if you want to run a race on every area, you have no choice but to include some longer tracks in the calendar.
Yes. I know. It's bit tricky...
Any feedback to give? It's what I shared the layouts for.
Bump - feedback needed, please.
I'm so sorry, I forgot to post after I tested these. And taking time away from LFS didn't exactly help my memory. But I found the layouts pretty fun, the chicane on Blackwood could use some work though, it felt too slow and abrupt to me.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :the chicane on Blackwood could use some work though, it felt too slow and abrupt to me.

It might be a little sketchy, but as I was testing with CodeLyoko1 we thought that would be the best type of a chicane, enough slow and capable of overtaking manoeuvres. When you get the ideal line for that you'll see it'll make a great chicane.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :the chicane on Blackwood could use some work though, it felt too slow and abrupt to me.

We made it slow, just because of the straight being so long. The first part of the straight you will now position yourself differently than when you have a fast chican (wich most of the times is just one wide). Now tough you have the possability of 2 wide action there and also Random managed to totally confuse me there when he put down an attack on me. Wich isn't possible on a fast chicane.

The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG