The online racing simulator
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Mustangman759
-
(seniecka) DELETED by Mustangman759 : Administration will decide after a review no further comments are needed
-
(MonkeyHead) DELETED by Mustangman759 : You left out the rule that states obey admins, thus your argument is invalid and jonas ignored admin's command on the restart
Round 5 - Rage Thread Part 2
Quote from MonkeyHead :Isn't the meaning of this SC speed limit to leave possibility to leader to choose when are they starting to accelerate (of course he won't start accelerating before the gap to the SC is big enough) and then the green flag will be waved.

Also, I recommend you admins read the rules before giving penalties or advices in the race server.

I guess the point is that the safety car was not pulled off yet. And that the official decision of when the pacecar has pulled off is in fact when the admins send that message.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :That 'so-called-rule' is ridiculous anyway, there isn't such a rule IRL racing, neither is there in NDR.

For the record, Revolutionary Racing are their own organizing body. They may set the rules as they deem fit. I have given them permission to take any NDR rules they wish to use for theirs. That doesn't mean that NDR rules are their rules and vice versa.

Follow their rules, if you don't like them, have a civil discussion to improve / better / fix them. Same as it is with NDR events.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I guess the point is that the safety car was not pulled off yet. And that the official decision of when the pacecar has pulled off is in fact when the admins send that message.

Yeah but in fact it doesn't matter in general. SC pulls off when it does and leader focuses on getting best possible timing to start accelerating, of course so that he won't overtake SC before it gets into pits. That's how other leagues are doing it I guess and your rules are supporting that way of thinking quite well also. Also, Matt's message in the server "43 you have control of the field once SC is off, you may go when you receive SC in pitlane msg" was possible to be understood so that the leader may overtake SC when the pitlane msg was announced, if you get my point.

Quote from Rules :the safety car will pull off and the leaderwill maintain, may accelerate speed but cannot decrease the speed theyhave set, speed (set the pace) until green flag is given, and may not overtakeuntil after the start/finish line.

Quite disappointing to see vortex' great performance to be thrown away. Instead of admitting own mistakes admins more likely sabotage some teams in this league.
Great job admins, no wonder some of teams refuse to drive in your leagues, can't really blame them
Quote from Senninha25 :#43 accelerated massively before the "SC in pitlane" message was given, violating the SC speed limit of 112kph/70mph, and therefore getting a jump start penalty. Protest Upheld, Drive-Through Penalty still stands.

#29 started accelerating up to race speed only after the "Green Flag" was out, so there are no rule violations in that, despite the slow speed of the Safety car as it pulled into the pits. No Penalty.*

*Also to note that this start wasn't under the "SC in Pitlane" message rule.

Why was the rule different in this case to the other one? If you wrote it somewhere then I missed it. Also, how can you be sure so quickly that they should get a DT penalty if you werent expecting/waiting in some way for them to break the rule.

But I'm sure it suites you better if someone other than them wins. It's really sad to see you haven't learned from "competition cautions" however long ago it was. I think it's pretty well known I don't like them, so the fact I'm posting to defend them should show how stupid this looks. Hopefully people will realise your leagues arent worth racing in soon.
I'd love to know what the rules actually mean, because they make no sense at all:
Quote :The restart notice will be given to signal we are going green flag racing again this time by, the safety car will pull off and the leader will maintain, may accelerate speed but cannot decrease the speed they have set, speed (set the pace) until green flag is given...

If you may "accelerate speed" then how can you also say maintain speed? Or are you supposed to maintain a speed until the green flag, having set a speed that is not below SC speed? At what point does this rule come into affect - what is the definition of the SC "pull off"?

Quote :43 you have control of the field once SC is off, you may go when you receive SC in pitlane msg

Again, what does this mean? The first part refers back to the rules above with are ambiguous or could even mean once the SC pulls away, the second part was introduced halfway through a race. Which bit are you supposed to follow?

And how can you allow the restart on lap 5 to be legal, when a) the SC was still on the track, b) the lead car was not maintaining any sort of pace before the green flag?

There's a reason why the NDR SC rules are a couple of pages long (and similar to the FIA rules) instead of a paragraph of nonsense, so this kind of shit doesn't happen.
#29 did not receive a penalty because of the rule being poorly written. Hence why I clarified it before the final restart. The clarification was more than sufficient and if #43 had any questions could have asked. I will be changing the procedure for round 6 and next season to include a restart cone or marker for the leader to accelerate at. I know my rules are not even close to great and will work on them after the season close.
I also don't sabotage teams so don't throw that bullshit here, if I favored vires would I have voted to give them penalties in the past? Competition caution? Isaac get your facts straight, where have you seen one competition caution this season? The caution was thrown because 4 or 5 cars were charging into a blocked track with two cars nearly blocking the entire track.
Quote from Mustangman759 : Hence why I clarified it before the final restart. The clarification was more than sufficient and if #43 had any questions could have asked.

i assume you mean during the race? since this rule was made up during the race how would of he had known to follow it?

also if he had said anything during the race im 90% sure you would of penalised him for that also.
Exactly, the rules say no chatting during the race and chatting will results in a penalty.
They also say always obey the admins and "Basically what the admin(s) say goes".

So why would a driver question something from the admins, just a few corners before restarting? But it's good to know you admit your restart rules, which have been there for at least one season, are poorly written - just a shame you decided to rewrite them in the middle of a race.
Quote from Mustangman759 :I will be changing the procedure for round 6 and next season to include a restart cone or marker for the leader to accelerate at.

We've worked with an area and that strategy has worked like a charm for the last year and a half . A simple marker is asking for people to try to jump it . I found that out the hard way in my first couple events .
Quote from Franky.S :also if he had said anything during the race im 90% sure you would of penalised him for that also.

100% true, I did ask for permission to ask, and they responded "do you want an SG?" and "next perm results in an SG"

Also, what do you mean with "#29 started accelerating up to race speed only after the "Green Flag" was out", last time i checked race leader decides when he goes, and after that the green flag flies
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :100% true, I did ask for permission to ask, and they responded "do you want an SG?" and "next perm results in an SG"

Also, what do you mean with "#29 started accelerating up to race speed only after the "Green Flag" was out", last time i checked race leader decides when he goes, and after that the green flag flies

Only thing I think is you accelerated to early. But other than that I'm on your side with this.
Quote from Franky.S :i assume you mean during the race? since this rule was made up during the race how would of he had known to follow it?

also if he had said anything during the race im 90% sure you would of penalised him for that also.

And this is twisting the facts, 43 did not ask for permission before the restart. Rather he asked why after the penalty was assigned a lap later. Still I must admit it'd be hard to explain it just as restart is underway...
But i didn't, usually when you are given the pace you usually try to take best exit as possible from the last corner, it's not my fault if the SC isn't on the pits quickly enough.

And yes, I asked why was I given a penalty for a normal restart where no-one else has never gotten a penalty... But rather than explaining the "new rule they just made up during the race", they threat me with an SG
First of all, i have to say that i had a lot of fun out there with Joonas, Ilari, James and Chong. Thanks for that racing guys, i really enjoyed that.

The first 2 hours of the race were very good, the Admins did a good job out there with bringing out the SC on lap 2 cause a driver flipped himself at the start-finish straight.

But i TRUELY can't understand the last hour. They send the SC out, no car stucks in gravel or flipped somewhere. As a driver who dont know anyone of the guys like Matt or other admins, i saw no really reason for bringing out a SC at this stage of the race.

Then Joonas got a DT, we were directly behind him and normally i would cheer this like "yes, they got a DT chris, push for the win!" but i didn't, cause i want to win races by doing this on track, not by unfair penaltys like that.

There is so much you can do with this GT3 series, you got a lot of teams. But i never saw a RACINGADMIN write "want a SG?" to a driver. Never.

Thats the difference i see here and in other races like from NDR. There a bit more professional.

I just want to bring out my point of view, just a drivers view who didn't got penalty in this race and can't understand some things in this race.
-
(DarknessPainF1) DELETED by Mustangman759 : what is this I dont even
-
(_coca-cola_) DELETED by Mustangman759 : what is this I dont even

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG