The online racing simulator
Robert Kubica halted superstar
(28 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want Robert Kubica back in F1?

Yes
No
Dont know.
#2 - kiste
I really was a little fan of him and i am still hope to see him back in a good F1 car. Not one of those smaller and midfield teams. That would destroy him again.
He's been testing daily in the Mercedes F1 sim recently, I really hope he can get a drive with a supplied team such as Force India but I don't obviously know the extent to which his hand is hampering him in a single seater.
I don't think it should be so bad. Rallying requires some quick move on the steering and the only thing his handicap changed the car is the use of paddle shift.

However I don't know if he can handle properly all those buttons on a formula one steering wheel...
Yet he crashes everytime he sits into a rally car.
Quote from aroX123 :do you want him back?

That's a no-brainer really.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yet he crashes everytime he sits into a rally car.

Easier to make a fast guy stay on the road, than make a slow guy quick.

Ask Sebastien Ogier.
Although he was a F1 driver, he haven't done a full rally season yet so let's wait he has proper rally experience.

Loeb use to crash a lot in his early years of racing too.
Would love to see him at Mercedes alongside of Hamilton, what a driver boost that team would have.
I kind a like him doing rallying. I guess taking to the next level aka finishing rallies ain't far away, so we might see him winning some rallies. Has some driver ever won F1 and WRC event anyway? In my eyes he has potentional to achieve this.
Would really not be surprise to see him in a DS3 WRC soon
Well i think if he does return he might end up the same way as kimi.
I Reckon Lotus would take him in back in a heartbeat if he is back to f1 fitness standard before winter testing next year, a combo of Kimi and Kubica in lotus would be probably the best on the grid.

His speed in the rally events he has done i think suggests he has lost none of his talent and speed, its just down to recovery now.
Quote from TypeRacing :I kind a like him doing rallying. I guess taking to the next level aka finishing rallies ain't far away, so we might see him winning some rallies. Has some driver ever won F1 and WRC event anyway? In my eyes he has potentional to achieve this.

Its WRC2 he is competing in, his car isnt quite WRC standard.
I don't think he deserved to come back.
I think he'd struggle in F1 now. His arm will never be fully fit, so he'll always be disadvantaged. I think the F1 success boat has sailed without him.

No doubt he was mega, but alas I think that time is no more.
#16 - CSF
It would have been nice to see, but I can't see it. His arm will surely never be the same again. It would be nice to allow him testing, but with the stupid rules that will never happen, unless it's with Pirelli.
If he was fit to drive F1 car I'm sure he would have already had that kind of opportunity. Being away may or may not hurt him but it is his hand that is the question mark. Can he do all the things a driver needs to do in the cockpit given that the team can design a steering wheel just for him. And for full race distance...
He had a DTM test earlier this year and did a lot of laps with no problems from his arm, but F1 is another level. Maybe next year he'll return to the track but I doubt it will be F1.
Quote from sinbad :but F1 is another level.

It ain't far from DTM in reality.

I voted yes because I would wanna see him in F1 again but I think maybe it would be some miracle to see it.
At least do a GP2 race or 2 for a team(if it's even allowed) and then F1.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think he'd struggle in F1 now. His arm will never be fully fit, so he'll always be disadvantaged. I think the F1 success boat has sailed without him.

No doubt he was mega, but alas I think that time is no more.

I share this opinion - in F1 - sure, I guess Kubica could be able to come back and drive, but he wouldn't be able to put up the performances he used to do 3 years ago.

But right now, and with the pace that he was showing in his latest rallies with the DS3 RRC, I really disagree with opinions about him being a wasted talent. Although he could really use bringing the car home in one piece.
who is Kubica?
it would be good to see him back but I doubt he will be as good as Button, Hamilton or Vettel etc

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG