The online racing simulator
Additional Auto-X Editor Objects
Sorry in advance if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it in the sticky log.

Here's some things I hope could be added to the autocross editor and to the autocross tracks themselves. Please add to this thread if you have ideas of your own.

All these objects could come in short and long segments to reduce total objects used:
- Armco barrier
- Wooden barrier a-la Blackwood Car Park
- Concrete wall (like what surrounds the existing tracks - not the red/white barriers)
- Concrete wall with catch fencing
- Small grandstand
- Tall grandstand

Other things I'd like to see:
- flagstand
- finish line marking (checkered)
- bridge
- ramps available at all tracks
- option to reverse the default starting grids at both auto-x arenas

All of those I believe are minor things that could realistically be implemented. Please add your own but keep them sensible. Perhaps this could be stickied if it grows into a good list.
starting grids ... hard to say if its reasonable though
Quote from Shotglass :starting grids ... hard to say if its reasonable though

I suppose that could be accomplished by creating a ploppable grid position and then assigning it a number much like the new route checker system works. It would then be up to the user to plop down enough grid spots where needed and assign them each a number from 1-20.
#4 - ajp71
OT - When did the marshalls get added in U16, completely missed them from the test patch info and just bumped into them today.
Concrete blocks would be a lot more useable than the elastic red and white barriers, that's for sure.
Bridge like in WRC where a car can jump over while the other pass underneath could be very cool for small environnement like the autocross
Bumping this, I would LOVE to see more objects to the editor. Not the big stuff, but something that could be very usefull, like trees, buildings and such. These objects could not be put on road / not conflict with road surface, and would be shallow meaning they wouldn't demand anything basically of the computer to be vissible. Some trees really would be my wish for objects in autocross, could create a more "Lively" theme on the tracks.

Oh please Scawen, this little humble question, some more objects to toy around with in autocross editor? Just see on the..well things that are out on the web, someone has allready done this for Blackwood track, but it's unofficial and not well done. Some more "scenery" objects would be lovely.

Would love to hear some feedback on this from you devs, or if you plan to implent more objects in the future
Quote from Shadowww :
We need something like wide (and non-ice ) ramps, more types of obstacles and ramps on any track

You mean on EVERY track :P
+1 for all objects suggested.
Curve Barrels
0 - 45 degrees
0 - 90 degrees
0 - 180 degrees

Tunnels
High " |_| " Object, available only in Autocross.
Ramps
Wide Ramp 1
Wide Ramp 2

Features
Allow to drive autocross on wrong way, without any signs and still can get kicked by wrong way: using Special Route Objects.
Custom Grid features, allow for 16 players.
Uneven road objects, Special Track Objects. For Example: Gobs & Dips.
But that would be to make a track editor, and that is kind of impossible I think. What we want is just more objects to play with.
Pleeease Scawen?
Quote from The Very End :But that would be to make a track editor, and that is kind of impossible I think. What we want is just more objects to play with.
Pleeease Scawen?

mmmm..yes, doh, but at least we need curve barrels
Barrels are stuff like.. uhm barrels that are filled with oil for example?
Doesn't tyres do the same trick? But agree, any more objects and I would be happy, a small little add but would do some good things. More object would let people play more with the autocross feature. IMO it needs a upgrade.
Quote from The Very End :Barrels are stuff like.. uhm barrels that are filled with oil for example?
Doesn't tyres do the same trick? But agree, any more objects and I would be happy, a small little add but would do some good things. More object would let people play more with the autocross feature. IMO it needs a upgrade.

+1 Agreed
+1 for the bridge.

For the ROC Layouts, the ramps sucks a lot...
Quote from Bft-Master :the ramps sucks a lot...

Not In My Opinion Of Course, I DO NOT mean that I must have more ramps...
-
(Bft-Master) DELETED by Bft-Master : double post
-
(Bft-Master) DELETED by Bft-Master : triple post ^^
Lasers and missile launchers. Make those long straights a whole lot more interesting

I'd like to see the ramp available on more tracks, and wider to prevent random fall-between-planks-skyward-bounce syndrome. Not convinced about the need for buildings though. With the addition of things like bridges and stuff, you're entering a proper track designing area. I've said before I'd like an in-game track designer, so I'm not going into it again
Have the developers commented the autocross feature earlier, and spoke about updates? Just curious
Quote from The Very End :Have the developers commented the autocross feature earlier, and spoke about updates? Just curious

Well...I think no, but There will be a update for sure
How you know?
i simply wanna have a tracke editor in trackmania style... symple and powerfull (i dont mean loopings and so on, just driving hon higher levels for exampe)

oh oh :flamed:
I know that barriers do, but i think it would be good if cones, tyres, bails, etc.. also did more in the way of actual damage to cars when hit, this would also go some way to stop people cutting corners/hairpins etc.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I know that barriers do, but i think it would be good if cones, tyres, bails, etc.. also did more in the way of actual damage to cars when hit, this would also go some way to stop people cutting corners/hairpins etc.

i don't know if i'd want cones becoming jammed in the wheelwell or under the car... or hay bales clogging the radiator... but i guess all the realism the better.
A player told me that in some old versions the "barriers" (white & red) would fly away when cars hit them, just like tyres and cones. I think that's real. But in today's LFS, when you crash into a "plastic" barrier, youself fly away. 

Maybe adding concrete wall is a good idea. If you want a barrier fixed on the track, add a concrete wall. If you want a movable one, add a plastic white / red barrier.

BTW, concrete barriers are in fact, not as strong as many people think, in the real world. Of couse a concrete barrier looks undamageable for human, but with a fast-moving vehicle weighted 1 ton or more hitting it, it will surely move, or even break.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG