The online racing simulator
Admin insim rights
Hello Iam requesting someone that could help me make a simply? insim.

I want like. I have admin that can make everyting change track and lay and everything but i wanna have so if i wanna give admin to my friend he only will have like kick and ban Example . is someone avible to do that? and help me never handled with insims before
i bring this up again anyone know only 1 insim that makes admin rights
like admin
1- can do everything ban kick change lay and more
2 only kick ban
3 only kick

anyone??
InSim should automatically have the same authority as the instances it's connected too. All you have to do is send the game forward slash commands.
Quote from david989898 :i bring this up again anyone know only 1 insim that makes admin rights
like admin
1- can do everything ban kick change lay and more
2 only kick ban
3 only kick
anyone??

I wrote a Race Control Manager for LFSLapper (HERE) that would easily do most of what you want for your item 1. The track changing part already exists in an add-on included with 'lapper' (by TimNL) - see HERE.

I currently use V1.7 on my own server - you have to be an admin to open it.

Items 2 and 3 would mean re-write (adding permissions) if you only wanted certain admins to have restricted rights to do things - the code's public, so I don't mind if you want to have a go at editing it.
hello thanks mate i wanna try the RCM insim i downloaded the file and extracted it on lfslapper / bin Defoult includes but when i type !rcm in chat it dosent happend anything can you please help me?
To use, edit your /includes/addonused.lpr file by including
include( "./racecontrol.lpr");

Also, if you look in the default directory (where lfslapper.lpr is situated), you'll see a text file called admin.txt - make sure your LFS name is saved in this.
i open addonsused inte text document but where in spalt am i going to add the
include( "./racecontrol.lpr"); ?

what section am i going to put it in can u make s screenshot so i can se?
I will come home in sunday so i will look at it then !
Quote from david989898 :i open addonsused inte text document but where in spalt am i going to add the
include( "./racecontrol.lpr"); ?

Just add the line to the end of the lines already there - see attached screen dump of my listing...
Attached images
RCM.jpg
thanks alot got it worked!
1problem every users in server are avible to do the !rcm in server what can i do to get only admins get !rcm work?
Quote from david989898 :Hello mate i am using your rcm and i love it !
But 1 problem even non admins on server are able to access the !rcm menu
How do i make it just for admins ?
Thanks for for answer/David

If you look in the code, you should see that only if a user is an admin, then the RCM console (window) will open.

Of course, being the only admin on my own server, I've never been able to test this!

However, if in fact anyone can open the console when they type !rcm (etc), then there's nothing to stop you changing the !rcm trigger word to another word, like !secretsquirrel, or !abracadabra, or !ta-da.

To do this, open the code, and search for !rcm.

Delete the following;

CASE "!rc": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu
CASE "!RC":
CASE "!rcm":
CASE "!RCM":
CASE "!racecontrol":
CASE "!RACECONTROL":

If you wanted to use the word "secretsquirrel" then you would insert the following;

CASE "!secretsquirrel": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu

Or if you wanted to use your own secret admin word, then it would be;

CASE "!<put secret admin word here>": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu

Any trigger words you type (these are the words that start with a exclamation mark [!], like !help, !menu, etc) don't show up on anyone else's monitor so they can't see what is being typed. Therefore, they won't be able to see the trigger word.

However!!!!

As people (including admins) make mistakes (especially typos), there will be times when an admin will forget to type the exclamation mark in front of the secret trigger word. If this happens, then people will see the word that has been typed, and the more savvy people on your server may try the same word with an exclamation mark in front, thereby voiding your secret.

A half hearted way round this might be to have your secret trigger word, without the exclamation mark, actually do something different - this could be anything from spec'ing or kicking the typist, to making text appear as an answer.

For instance, say your secret admin word was !secretsquirrel, but someone typed in secretsquirrel, then if you had the following section included....

CASE "secretsquirrel":
privMsg("A squirrel that likes to hide its nuts" );
BREAK;

OR

CASE "secretsquirrel":
privMsg("Well done. You found the command to spec yourself!");
cmdLFS( "/spec " . GetCurrentPlayerVar("UserName") );
BREAK;

then the first bit of code would treat it as a joke, whereas the second would also treat it as a joke but also spec the typist.

Don't pick a word that people normally use (eg help), but don't use a word that people will query (eg secret_admin_command).

If you want to see an automatic reply to a trigger word in action, join my server (Sinrs Too), type the word quiz, then follow the instructions...!

Quote from sinanju :If you look in the code, you should see that only if a user is an admin, then the RCM console (window) will open.

Of course, being the only admin on my own server, I've never been able to test this!

However, if in fact anyone can open the console when they type !rcm (etc), then there's nothing to stop you changing the !rcm trigger word to another word, like !secretsquirrel, or !abracadabra, or !ta-da.

To do this, open the code, and search for !rcm.

Delete the following;

CASE "!rc": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu
CASE "!RC":
CASE "!rcm":
CASE "!RCM":
CASE "!racecontrol":
CASE "!RACECONTROL":

If you wanted to use the word "secretsquirrel" then you would insert the following;

CASE "!secretsquirrel": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu

Or if you wanted to use your own secret admin word, then it would be;

CASE "!<put secret admin word here>": # Words/Text needed to start Race Control Menu

Any trigger words you type (these are the words that start with a exclamation mark [!], like !help, !menu, etc) don't show up on anyone else's monitor so they can't see what is being typed. Therefore, they won't be able to see the trigger word.

However!!!!

As people (including admins) make mistakes (especially typos), there will be times when an admin will forget to type the exclamation mark in front of the secret trigger word. If this happens, then people will see the word that has been typed, and the more savvy people on your server may try the same word with an exclamation mark in front, thereby voiding your secret.

A half hearted way round this might be to have your secret trigger word, without the exclamation mark, actually do something different - this could be anything from spec'ing or kicking the typist, to making text appear as an answer.

For instance, say your secret admin word was !secretsquirrel, but someone typed in secretsquirrel, then if you had the following section included....

CASE "secretsquirrel":
privMsg("A squirrel that likes to hide its nuts" );
BREAK;

OR

CASE "secretsquirrel":
privMsg("Well done. You found the command to spec yourself!");
cmdLFS( "/spec " . GetCurrentPlayerVar("UserName") );
BREAK;

then the first bit of code would treat it as a joke, whereas the second would also treat it as a joke but also spec the typist.

Don't pick a word that people normally use (eg help), but don't use a word that people will query (eg secret_admin_command).

If you want to see an automatic reply to a trigger word in action, join my server (Sinrs Too), type the word quiz, then follow the instructions...!

Ye nice but what .lpr am i opening and adding that cmds in ?
Quote from david989898 :Ye nice but what .lpr am i opening and adding that cmds in ?

The racecontrol.lpr file, which you should have put in your /includes directory.

See attached .lpr file for example of how it should look (!rcm now changed to !secretsquirrel).
Attached files
racecontrol.lpr.zip - 10.5 KB - 197 views

Admin insim rights
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG