The online racing simulator
Open city type layout (grand theft auto, midtown madness, mafia, etc)
I've seen a few threads in Off-Topic, but wanted to approach this as a serious consideration. I was wondering about the feasibility of an open city-type "world" such as those found in games like Grand Theft Auto. I understand the undertaking would be quite massive, but I just wanted to get feedback from others as to its desirability in a simulator. Considering features such as turn signals, horn and lights are already implemented, yet serve limited use on a track, could this be a way to expand LFS to become more appealing to a wider demographic?

Just a thought!

Andrew
no
It's definitely not the first time it's been suggested. And I'm just quickly gonna sum up what I think of the topic.

Making a new map which is a big city? No.

Adding collisions to existing roads and maybe adding a few new routes on South City? Yes.
no
Quote from pärtan :Adding collisions to existing roads and maybe adding a few new routes on South City? Yes.

Quote from pärtan :
Adding collisions to existing roads and maybe adding a few new routes on South City? Yes.

That's a good idea.
Quote from WeRWuN :I've seen a few threads in Off-Topic, but wanted to approach this as a serious consideration. I was wondering about the feasibility of an open city-type "world" such as those found in games like Grand Theft Auto. I understand the undertaking would be quite massive, but I just wanted to get feedback from others as to its desirability in a simulator. Considering features such as turn signals, horn and lights are already implemented, yet serve limited use on a track, could this be a way to expand LFS to become more appealing to a wider demographic?

Just a thought!

Andrew

Buy S2 and you'll have more than blackwood to roam about on
i think what you want is for LFS devs to sell their race engine to some other company who can turn around and make another kind of game.

LFS is designed to let you race against others online, period. nothing gets in the way of that priority, and things are developed in consequence.

i know what you mean! playing any other game with wheels makes me just wish i could drive the same road with the same feel as LFS... just saying.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG