The online racing simulator
How TO SETUP YOUR OWN SERVER
(12 posts, started )
i have made a server called Fast racers BUT i asked some one could they see if it was there on another LFS program. They said they couldnt find it, on the server i have made it has at the top connected to master server.

Why isnt it showing up?

Thanks

Matt
Pls stop making new threads about it and wait, until someone answers it in your first thread...

And maybe read that whole thread, I gave you the link to. It is very likely, that your answer is somewhere in there.
i dont understand about not connecting upto the master server???
Have you opened your firewall up? Is it showing on LFSW? Have you selected visible on the host options (in game, don't know about dedi)? In short, have you done teh obvious things?
You will see if at the top, in-game, because you're on the same subnet, yet others dont see it. I'm willing to bet you're behind a router, or ICS, or some other form of routing system, rather than being directly connected to the internet? Alternatively you have a firewall?

Can I suggest taking a look at this thread and take a look at the sections about port forwarding or firewalls.
#6 - garph
You might have got more help if you didn't ask someone to give you their username and password so you could "try" the full version.

....and posting 2 questions about the same thing won't help either.....and in the wrong section.

Kind of a related question:
What kind of bandwidth is required to run a LFS server? Minimum bandwidth plus bandwidth per car?

Just wondering if someone with a cable modem that only has 16KByte/S upload speed has enough bandwidth to host a race.
#8 - Jakg
doubt it will cut it WRX
Quote from WRX_Racer :Kind of a related question:
What kind of bandwidth is required to run a LFS server? Minimum bandwidth plus bandwidth per car?

Just wondering if someone with a cable modem that only has 16KByte/S upload speed has enough bandwidth to host a race.

I think you've got your numbers wrong somewhere. No cable modem service in existance should be giving 16KBps upstream. I use Comcast cable and get 256Mbps upstream. That's enough to host 9 people with a packet smoothness of 4, or 6 people with a packet smoothness of 6.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I think you've got your numbers wrong somewhere.

Actually, i think it's you who's got both your numbers and units a bit wrong.

16 kilobytes per second equals 128kbit/s, still a quite common upstream speed.

256Mbit/s equals 32 megabytes per second, not a very common upstream speed really, and i guess you mean 256kbit/s, which is 32kb/s.
how do you make your own server for lfs (for speed )

tanks

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG