The online racing simulator
2013 Kyoto 250: Qualifying and Twin 115's Discussion
Qualifying Day is Sunday, 24th March 2013! You will be PM'd the password for qualifying sometime Sunday late morning / early afternoon after the final entry check is made. Your Twin 115 password will be sent out after hotlap qualifying ends.

For an explanation of the session, see this article on the NDR website about how qualifying works - yes it's from the 2010 running, but it still works for the format (ignore the dates / times listed).

You MUST participate in at least the hotlap session of qualifying to be able to participate in the 2013 Kyoto 250.

I anticipate hotlap qualifying to take about an hour or so. Each Twin Race should take about an hour as well. You may NOT be in server if it is not your twin race.

If you cannot make the 115 you are assigned to, you are welcome to request a swap to another 115 OR elect to be placed to the provisional drivers pool. You must inform me of this as soon as possible after Twin race delegations are posted.

The schedule for qualifying day is as follows:
16:50 UTC: Arrival deadline for all competitors.
17:00 UTC: Start of hotlap qualifying, one outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap.
18:30 UTC (or 20 minutes after end of hotlap qualifying, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 1 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)
20:00 UTC (or 15 minutes after end of Twin 115 Race 1, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 2 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)

If you're unsure of the time in relation to you; please use the Time Zone Converter

The official grid will be posted about 24 hours after the conclusion of the Twin 115 number 2. You will have 24 hours after the finish of the session that has the incident you wish to protest to file a protest if needed.

Discuss qualifying and the Twins here !
The 'how qualifying works' link is invalid
"Qualifying for the Kyoto 250 is on March 14th"

no thats not true
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :"Qualifying for the Kyoto 250 is on March 14th"

no thats not true

Quote from dekojester :yes it's from the 2010 running, but it still works for the format (ignore the dates / times listed).

Do you even read? :P
Quote from dekojester :Do you even read? :P

Do you seriously expect everyone to read everything? Geee,what an optimist...
I'm not here as long as you are,but I already learned,that all that wall of text you write in information is just formality...
Race 2 password set, Race 2 drivers may now join.

Gridding for Race 2 will start at 19:51 UTC.
Great 1st Twin, from like nearly last (15th-16th on 17 cars on grid) and finished 5th with a little chances for 4th.
Sorry Niko Puntola about that little side by side thing in last lap, i just moved down to inside line and you just cutted too much and you've got a bump from my doors, it wasn't any intentional or something, and thanks for some bumpdraft in the middle of the race
Also thanks to Kenneth O'Keefe for a drag race on the final lap and battleing for 5th place
Cant wait to Main race
I failed massively on the fuel part. I needed like 3% more fuel so i had to pit and ruin my race.
My crappy connection and inability to bumpdraft really screws up any chances for good positions. Went good at start - stuck behind leaders,just sitting behind them,but wrong choice of line made me lose contact. Still was 4s in front of followers and 6th,but Eikelkamp lost contact to group,waited for me hoping for help (dude,you should not brake though!!!),first bump and my car is sideways off in greens... After that gained still stable qualifying position,but last caution really gave some stress,since I'm so lousy at restarts - but went well,ready for my 3rd K250,hoping to improve 27th and 22nd from previous years.
Quote from luki97 :Sorry Niko Puntola about that little side by side thing in last lap, i just moved down to inside line and you just cutted too much and you've got a bump from my doors, it wasn't any intentional or something, and thanks for some bumpdraft in the middle of the race

It's fine. Of course I wanted to go for it, and that happening just like last years 250 got me a bit frustrated. That was my fault mostly, no need to feel sorry.
This looks like nations cup out there now - canadians,dutchmen and amerikans paired up.
Quote from Eclipsed :This looks like nations cup out there now - canadians,dutchmen and amerikans paired up.

Czech mafia will follow in main race
lovely clean racing
Quote from Eclipsed :My crappy connection and inability to bumpdraft really screws up any chances for good positions. Went good at start - stuck behind leaders,just sitting behind them,but wrong choice of line made me lose contact. Still was 4s in front of followers and 6th,but Eikelkamp lost contact to group,waited for me hoping for help (dude,you should not brake though!!!),first bump and my car is sideways off in greens... After that gained still stable qualifying position,but last caution really gave some stress,since I'm so lousy at restarts - but went well,ready for my 3rd K250,hoping to improve 27th and 22nd from previous years.

If I would have made the race I would have tried to draft with you.. Try the sling-shot draft... but I'm pretty sure i missed the race
looks like LLM should have a 100% transfer rate
Thanks for the quick and clean races guys, made my handicap broadcasting easier (notice the sound cuts, didn't have my normal setup to be able to broadcast since last second notice).
Realisticaly, no active participation in the 250 for me this year. Had a nice promising start. A terrible flash of joy went through me when I saw that Korený timed out, same when Wdowiarz lagged so much I thought he would time out and also when Corns spun. I have to say sorry to Stadius and Harmon. My bumpdrafting technique wasn't really helping our races, especially when loosing Goga for that important 12th position.
At the end, I accidently shifted down with engine damage as result, which was when I finally lost Harmon and got overtaken by Corns some ten laps later.
Wheel twitching to the right in the middle of turns didn't help much today, hope it'll be ok next week, i'm very lucky to make it through because of that.
Attached images
lifting.jpg
#23 - CSF
However the best news, Nolan may be back to help commentate the 250 as well.
A real unique opportunity.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG