The online racing simulator
More realistic modifying
(17 posts, started )
More realistic modifying
Personally, I think LFS you should be able to remap your car to what ever power is possible, new headlights e.g zenons. New bodykits. Just as if you bought a car in real life. What would you like to do to it.

Any other suggestions?
car mods aren't allowed due to when in a crash the cars act way different then a stock vob mod. odd glitches and what not makes for bad racing when a beat up car is jumping all over track from a car mod
Quote from 240sxdaniel89 :car mods aren't allowed due to when in a crash the cars act way different then a stock vob mod. odd glitches and what not makes for bad racing when a beat up car is jumping all over track from a car mod

I guess that's not what the OP meant. However, this suggestion has already been posted several times here.
Xenon. It has an X. You must have seen adverts for them.
I don't really think LFS is the right game for those kind of mods. However, I think it would be cool to be able to enable some tweak style options on multiplayer servers which aren't just client side.
if youre willing to provide the code for a highly accurate engine simulation that can come up with torque curves for remaps added turbos etc in the timeframe it takes to modify an lfs setup free of charge and no strings attached to scawen he might be tempted to incude it in lfs
A great sim wich has all your wanted specs is Need For Speed, you should try it!
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Flame CZE
-
(SouvlakiTheBest) DELETED by Flame CZE
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Flame CZE
Demo racer

Best laptime with XFG on BL1 : 1:44.810
And with XRG : 1:45.660

an Average driver will pull a 1:36-1:37

A good driver will do a 1:35
A great driver will do 1:34
A top driver a 1:33
And aliens a 1:32

How about you learn to drive the car rather suggest more power to improve your laptimes.

Now go buy your self a fire extinguisher to put out your immense burning.
I think he post a suggestion and not a demand.... And in "improvement suggestions" section. So be cool and calm.
Probably, but I was in the mood to burn someone
:P I lol'ed at the last bit thanks made my morning
I think that it is not the worst idea ever.

But that way we have a problem of hotlaps... maybe we'd need to separate rankings, hotlaps with stock cars and tuned ones...
But, to be exact, creating setup is a way of tuning. One would say, the truest way of all.

But, to the point: there's a game called Nitto 1320 legends. It has the best tuning system of all times, in way of buying/installing new parts etc.
I'd be veeeeery happy, if something similar existed in LFS, as well as real cars and tracks (call me deviant, but especially I'd like to see mountain passes).
But it's kinda dreaming, since:
a) it of course won't happen
b) I'd doubt if S3 even will be released, but still I hope so.

Edit:
4 times "but" in a row... weeeird.
Quote from Rotaryman :I think that it is not the worst idea ever.

But that way we have a problem of hotlaps... maybe we'd need to separate rankings, hotlaps with stock cars and tuned ones...
But, to be exact, creating setup is a way of tuning. One would say, the truest way of all.

But, to the point: there's a game called Nitto 1320 legends. It has the best tuning system of all times, in way of buying/installing new parts etc.
I'd be veeeeery happy, if something similar existed in LFS, as well as real cars and tracks (call me deviant, but especially I'd like to see mountain passes).
But it's kinda dreaming, since:
a) it of course won't happen
b) I'd doubt if S3 even will be released, but still I hope so.

Edit:
4 times "but" in a row... weeeird.

Lol nitto racing, I played that before joining LFs.

It's very indepth and cool but physics are terrible and it makes you spend real money for the good cars and mods.
Quote :It's very indepth and cool but physics are terrible and it makes you spend real money for the good cars and mods.

Only if you actually CAN spend money.
As I live in Poland, SMS payment was not available. When I asked them if they would think about estabilishing it, they told me that I am not allowed to play this game 'cause I live in Poland.

But let's leave the OT.
Quote from Rotaryman :Only if you actually CAN spend money.
As I live in Poland, SMS payment was not available. When I asked them if they would think about estabilishing it, they told me that I am not allowed to play this game 'cause I live in Poland.

But let's leave the OT.

I CAN spend the moeny but I choose not to on a game that advertises it self as free, and for a game of that type, it's much more accomplishing to know that you achieved building such a beast by hard work and fine tuning.
Like the old Nitto before top fuel cars were brought in, and when people would be amazed if X the admin came into the chatroom.
Not throwing money at the wall.

More realistic modifying
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG