The online racing simulator
BaileyWine/Volante RB4 skin - S1 to S2 convert?
Hi everyone

This skin is, in my honest opinion, one of the most emblematic one of S1. Unfortunately, the developpers decided not to make an S2 version of it.

So, would anyone be up to either:
  • Convert the 512 version to S2 template? I have the feeling this wouldn't be such a hard thing to do, as S1 and S2 templates are (IIRC) very similar, only the rear and the front are significantly different.
  • Make a brand new 2048(+) version? Obviously this would request much more time and efforts, but the results would be much more rewarding, too.
The skin file can be found in the attachements.

BTW, this is not really a personal request. I am requesting this on behalf of the community. IMHO, it is a shame that such a fine skin, which also represents a part of the game's history, has been left in the obscurity for so many years.

Thanks

____

PS1: Does anyone know if any of the other S1 skins have been converted to/remade for S2? The Tico and Boom RB4 skins have been converted by garph, and they can be found here. Then the devs re-made some of the others(including the McGill MRT ones) for S2. What about the others?

PS2: Does anyone know where to find old S1 skins made by 3rd party skinners?
Attached images
RB4_BAILEY_512.jpg
LFS 2012-05-14 18-06-07-83.jpg
To be honest, I have also been thinking about re-making those S1 skins for S2 use. I'm sure I will get to it at some point after finals :P
Quote from Flame CZE :To be honest, I have also been thinking about re-making those S1 skins for S2 use. I'm sure I will get to it at some point after finals :P

Wow, thanks for the fast answer Flame

Nice, definitely looking forward to it
#4 - kiste
Didn´t saw any s1 skins. couild you send me some? Maybe i´ll try some
Quote from kiste :Didn´t saw any s1 skins. couild you send me some? Maybe i´ll try some

Cool

There are a bunch of them actually. Will try to upload them tomorrow.
Those are the skins present in the S1H7 version. There might have been different skins in the previous versions of the game, I don't know.

______

Part 1

The BHM FXO skin was re-made by the devs for S2.
Attached images
FXO_BHM.jpg
FXO_BOOM.jpg
FXO_KATT.jpg
FXO_KATTBLUE.jpg
FXO_LFSRSC512.jpg
FXO_RSC.jpg
LX4_E&B.jpg
LX4_LFS.jpg
LX6_BHM.jpg
LX6_BOOM.jpg
LX6_GSHELL_512.jpg
LX6_REDEXX.jpg
Part 2
  • The McGill MRT skins have all been re-made by the devs for S2.
  • The BOOM and Red TICO skins for RB4 have been converted for S2 by garph, they can be found here
Attached images
MRT_Black.jpg
MRT_Blue.jpg
MRT_Green.jpg
MRT_McGill.jpg
RB4_BAILEY_512.jpg
RB4_BOOM.jpg
RB4_HIBITE.jpg
RB4_TICO.jpg
RB4_TICO_GREEN.jpg
XFCAB.jpg
XFGTIRACE1.jpg
XFGTIRACE2.jpg
Part 3
Attached images
XFGTIRACE3.jpg
XFGTIRACE4.jpg
XFGTIVRT.jpg
XFLOGO.jpg
xf-madsen.jpg
XR_GT+RACE1.jpg
XR_GT+RACE2.jpg
XR_GT+RACE3.jpg
XR_GT+RACE4.jpg
XRRACE1.jpg
XRRACEskin2.jpg
Default skins

For some reason my LFS does not have any default skin for LX4.
Attached images
FXO_skin.jpg
HE_PLAIN.jpg
LX6_skin.jpg
MRTplain.jpg
MRTskin.jpg
RB4_skin.jpg
XFGTI.jpg
XR_GT.jpg
XRTURBO.jpg
I'm pretty sure the BaileyWine one was converted, I think I have a copy of it on a dead hard drive of mine though. The mainboard shorted out on it.

Screenshot from LFS.net
Quote from Zipppy :I'm pretty sure the BaileyWine one was converted, I think I have a copy of it on a dead hard drive of mine though. The mainboard shorted out on it.

Screenshot from LFS.net

That looks pretty cool

If anyone knows where to find this skin, please tell us. Cheers.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
If anyone knows where to find this skin, please tell us. Cheers.

Till then this might do. The front just needed to be squeezed as well as the back which had to be rotated

Edit: quickly converted the other RB's and since the "boom town" doesn't exceed my painting skills i'll redo that in hi-res
Attached images
RB4_BAILEY_512 copy.jpg
RB4_TICO_GREEN copy.jpg
RB4_HIBITE copy.jpg
RB4_TICO copy.jpg
Quote from JazzOn :Till then this might do. The front just needed to be squeezed as well as the back which had to be rotated

Edit: quickly converted the other RB's and since the "boom town" doesn't exceed my painting skills i'll redo that in hi-res

Looking good! Cheers
made some small changes but the spirit is still alive

Attached images
RB4_boom copy_upload.jpg
RB4_boom copy.jpg
boomtownprev.jpg
I have been looking for these classic skins a long time! Thank you for posting them!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG