The online racing simulator
Tomasz Nogieć: Polish simracer since 2010
(38 posts, started )
Hello LFS Community,

I've been quite inactive for the last year. You might already noticed it. So, yeah, I am back with a new project about our well-known community member - Tomasz Nogiec. The project took about three and a half week to complete. The basic aim is to highlight his career which started in early 2010. The video is pretty complex, so I should split it into three pieces and tell you individually about each of them.

The first part is cinematic. It was done with Adobe After Effects CS6 - Visual effects, motion graphics software. I basically wanted to start this project with a strong intro to keep an audience interested from the very first seconds of the project. I found myself really comfortable with cinematic type intro. I think it somehow intrigues and makes you interested and sticks you to the project.

The second part starts right after the intro is ended. I would call this part as more classical review type with long shots, a pretty informative presentation of MoE 24h of Aston GP. The video edit is pretty basic. No particular dramatic transitions or whatsoever in it. I just want to make spectators to focus more on the racing stuff.

The third one that starts after MoE 24h of Aston GP is ended. This is more dramatic chapter. Fast shots, from one action right to another. More dynamic and impulsive one. You may notice an instant change in colors. This parts is colored in vintage colors, we can call if you like.
The whole project was compiled and arranged with Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - Professional HD Video and Audio editing software.

Many efforts have been put into this project and many coffees have been drunk while making this project. I almost lost my patience at some stages, but I managed to stay on the road and continue, and, finally, finish it. I want to thank Tomek for his patience during this pretty long period of making the video about him.

TOMASZ NOGIEĆ: POLISH SIMRACER SINCE 2010
(YOUTUBE 720p)

Video compiled with Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - Professional HD Video and Audio editing software.

Anyways, keep on doing these vids, I love em.
I've actually got to say, one of the best videos of LFS I have ever seen. The camera shots are just beautiful - and I think LFS really needs this kind of video to show just how professional leagues, racers and teams are in this Sim. Great job again!
Think it was Egon

Amazing video ! The start and the MoE part are really amazing ! Love the capture made from grand stands !

One of the best video of LFS for sure
#5 - Danas
Beutiful production Skirmis, best vid this year for me.
The video editing is great, the MoE bit at the start is very good. Can't help thinking a tribute vid is a bit self loving though, and it doesn't really give a good picture of what he's achieved etc. I don't even mean that in a negative way at Tomek, I just think it could have been done better from that side. It feels like the video is supposed to tell some sort of story, or like a tribute video etc - and it doesn't really do that side of it.

Anyway I'm sure I'll be hated on as jealous or whatever, but that isn't really true. I just think it could have been even better. Others seem to like it, and it's just my opinion

E: I guess I mean like, for example - you wouldn't make a video about Fernando Alonso including only his 05-06 championship wins, and you wouldn't make a video about Kimi Raikkonen including only his 07 championship win. They don't tell the story of the driver. If you made a video about me, you'd show me sticking into the side of Niki and failing in LFSCART aswell as success. Hopefully that sounds a bit better.
#7 - IMOL
Well i took (rubbish) 5th place in south city... I dont really remember but i think 4th in Blackwood... Never get important stuff there Isaac... And this video i think isnt show as you said "self loving"... And even if... How? This movie could have been without even 2x LLL overtaking on me here isnt (including yours aswell) It could have been only my wins and stuff but is it? It very much isnt Isaac... But thanks for comments
Great effort Skrima, you really impressed me the last months preparing and working on projects.
It's a watchable video for sure, even if there a still few things which could be done differently or better. But that's just me.

I hope to see more from you.

This was neat.
#9 - Emyn
Great job! One of the best LFS videos for sure. It actually gave me goosebumps.
I must say that I enjoyed watching it, although the video title made it alot more painful Was glad to find the battle between me and tomek in 24h moe. I remember him being much faster at the start with his r3/r3 and passing me, but later in the stint I was catching him again because of my r2/r3 and passing him was a good fight
Quote from IMOL :Well i took (rubbish) 5th place in south city... I dont really remember but i think 4th in Blackwood... Never get important stuff there Isaac... And this video i think isnt show as you said "self loving"... And even if... How? This movie could have been without even 2x LLL overtaking on me here isnt (including yours aswell) It could have been only my wins and stuff but is it? It very much isnt Isaac... But thanks for comments

My point was more imo it didn't really show you. It didn't particularly show the stuff that impresses me about you as a driver, for example imo the WR it shows for example isn't 1 of your better laps, it doesn't show particularly how fast you are. It says polish simracer since 2010, but doesn't show anything before GT2WS 2011, doesn't show anything about IGTC that year where you had a few good drives which probably stood out just as much as your wins, the same goes the way you fought in GT2WS later in the season when you werent the best team anymore(first half you were, 2nd half you werent) - but it doesn't tell the story of that season at all(could be at a faster pace, and go through the season). You didn't make any mistakes in that video, but you lost the chance to win at KY32 in gt2ws season 1 by crashing yourself in 130r. Everyone makes mistakes and it wouldn't make you look worse if it showed it, it would just tell more about you if it was in there. The self loving idea was in my head before I even watched the video, I'll admit that. But it didn't really go away either by watching it seeing as it didnt really show everything.

Anyway, theres no hard feelings. Whats the point to just say "It's an amazing video!" when I can give constructive criticism of what I would have thought could make it even better. It brought back good memories of our fights on track anyway
Nice editing, effects are good etc, but... I'm not hating or negative towards Tomek but is it neccesary to make self-boast videos? (plus its roughly about one big race + few cuts from others) Also, that Senna quote killed it finally...

Just my opinion, send your hate to my PM box if needed...
Nice Video

I see it more of a 3id video rather than tomek as the clips were a team effort like the GT2WS and 24hr, but still was great
good video for a great rus... Polish driver.

I love the bit with Tomek overtaking people.
Le polish potato :P Nice video, indeed.
Damn you, you are way too fast with le FZR ;s
Great stuff indeed. Props for Muse at the start!
great video! I only have some slight criticism thought, and it is that from the OP i got the impression it was going to highlight MANY of his achievements, but only a couple of races were shown and it was a bit dissapointing. It seemed that you added in the long clips because you didnt have any other material at all. Not saying it was bad, but was a bit 'meh' when i seen the end of the video only showing about 3 races.
Good job. I enjoyed first and last part. Text animations in the beginning was wonderful.

However I have to agree with those who thinks focusing 2-3 races of his career is bit odd. MoE's 24h in 2012th was maybe his career peak, but this kind of video should give whole story - how did Tomek got into simracing, first races, first wins etc. Good example is Nolan Scott's Promotion Video by FMC. I bet it is hard to get old replays those days since spdoracing is down, I guess getting them needs just more effort right now.

/btw does anyone know the song name in the Nolan's video?
Well...could be brighter colors
wow.. I really love how you managed to show actual battles on track, that is what I miss in most lfs movies (including my own ones).
I find it much harder to cover a complete pass (or even an entire battle) in a movie than just showing a very short and exciting moment of it - showing the action from the same angle for too many seconds makes it appear boring easily while switching the cameras too often might make it look somewhat random and confusing..
imo you solved this problem very well, nice movie!
Quote from kart-36 :Nice Video

I see it more of a 3id video rather than tomek as the clips were a team effort like the GT2WS and 24hr, but still was great

This. And yea, really great work with the effects.
3:35 abs on, no doubt
good vid, I was gonna say it was too long, but then I saw myself flipping
Thank you for your comments, guys. I do appreciate this.
Quote from Jens O. :wow.. I really love how you managed to show actual battles on track, that is what I miss in most lfs movies (including my own ones).
I find it much harder to cover a complete pass (or even an entire battle) in a movie than just showing a very short and exciting moment of it - showing the action from the same angle for too many seconds makes it appear boring easily while switching the cameras too often might make it look somewhat random and confusing..
imo you solved this problem very well, nice movie!

This. You just basically read my mind. The thing is I'm far from the very awesome use of camerawork, but anyways I don't wanna make this look so static with one simple camera angle. I did some variations which keeps this video look wealthy, informative. I do appreciate that you find this way of capture as innovative. If you take a look at my previous projects - you would see that I do use quite plenty of camera angles. So yeah... Thanks, Jens. I really do appreciate your words.
Quote from Ziomek21 :3:35 abs on, no doubt

LOL? Since when does FZR has ABS? It's called skill and feel, not ABS
Must be hax

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG