BF1 starting engine at high rpm [not a bug]
Not sure is this bug, but I'd like to discuss here.

On every car I drove if the car is in gear and it moving, you just need move key to 2nd position and engine will start running without using starter motor.

On BF1 if you turn off engine while moving and then shortly after try to turn it on, it will not start starter motor isn't needed when you vechile is already moving and engine is running on decent rpms or is it due to some F1 engine design?
#2 - amp88
Well, the actuation mechanisms for the transmission (including the clutch) are electro-hydraulically driven. This article is from 2003, but I don't think there were significant developments in the control systems of the clutch between then and when the BF1 was designed. When the engine stops running the hydraulic pressure bleeds away and the electricity supply is cut. This would mean that the driver wouldn't be able to actuate the clutch or transmission (i.e. pulling the clutch paddle(s) or shift paddles behind the steering wheel wouldn't actually do anything useful). Before the move to semi-automatic gearboxes with electro-hydraulically operated clutches F1 cars could be "bump-started" (as Ayrton Senna showed when rejoining the 1989 Japanese GP after that collision with Prost).
Not sure did I got it right, because of my poor english.
But when you turn off engine, it still rotates (there is still link between engine and wheels) therefore it should start
Probably BF1 clutch isn't so realisticly designed in LFS
#4 - amp88
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :But when you turn off engine, it still rotates (there is still link between engine and wheels) therefore it should start

No, this is not accurate. The clutch disengages, cutting the direct connection from the engine to the drivetrain. With the engine off the control of the clutch isn't possible (hence why I mentioned the electro-hydraulic control systems above). If there was always a direct connection between the engine and the drivetrain the momentum/inertia of the spinning tyres would be overcome by the engine compression and the rear tyres would lock solid. You can see this happen if a transmission problem occurs which locks a car in gear.
So, how we can start the BF1 after turning engine off (without restoring the car)?
Quote from Antonio92 :So, how we can start the BF1 after turning engine off (without restoring the car)?

Quite simply, you can't.

In real life, F1 cars do not have starter motors, and must be started using an external one. You'll quite often see on TV where a pit crew member is standing by with it behind the car in case it stalls in the pits. When a car spins, there is an anti stall device that is also modeled in LFS, so unless you actually turn off the engine, you shouldn't need to worry about restarting.

As in real life, no engine, means race over.

edit: Jinx
You can't, the game clearly says that the BF1 doesen't have a starter.

edit: le fu
How then I start my car with disconnected battery (and without starter), my point was that you can start every engine without starter but of course your car must be moving... put the car on downhill, second gear, car key to "2", lift clutch and viola engine running.
I still don't understand why you can't start BF1 that way
Sorry for a non-english post.

Zato što se na Formuli kvačilo odvaja od mjenjača čim nestane struje (kada se Formula ugasi), a pošto Formula nema nikakav izvor napajanja osim motora nemoguće je spojiti kvačilo natrag na mjenjač. Isto tako se na ugašenoj Formuli zapravo ne bi trebale moći mijenjati brzine, pošto nema struje. Kontaš?
Because of the hydraulics, and the high engine RPM and torque needed to start the engine.

Even if the hydraulic system kept the clutch working, and the electronics were working, and the throttle motors were operating, then the rear wheels would just lock up. Probably.

It's a feature rather than a bug. An F1 drivetrain isn't a 'normal' drivetrain.
While it may be true that you can roll start a road car -even without a battery- F1 cars have far more complex systems that rely on hydraulic and electrical actuators. Once the engine is off, these systems cease working, and apart from a very small battery and a pressure reservoir for emergency purposes (selecting neutral and other critical systems after an incident) Probably the only things that are fully human operated are the brakes and steering.

We quite often hear of F1 cars having to retire, or stopping on the track because of a loss of hydraulic pressure, and blown alternators. Even the piston valves are operated hydraulically with electronic valves. In fact, to start an F1 car from cold needs to have all of the fluids at the right temperature, an umbilical connected to a computer which makes sure the right systems are switched on in the right order, and the external starter. Think of it as more like launching a space vehicle than starting a car.

LFS models the BF1 pretty well, and if it could be criticized at all, it's the fact that the gears can still be changed well after the emergency reservoir would normally have been used up.
Quote from Squelch :Even the piston valves are operated hydraulically with electronic valves.

Pneumatic actuation, not hydraulic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG