The online racing simulator
STAGE 1 - Introduction (depricated)
(31 posts, closed, started )
Thing is, which non-member (or member for that matter) is going to search for 'LFS.net'?

They're much more likely just to search for 'LFS' or 'Live for Speed'.

Just noticed that on google search for 'Live for Speed' it has 2 major links underneath (Downloads Page and Create an account).
It depends on if google can crawl the website or not to generate them. Having a more HTML structured nav (nav tag, li for nav items) would also aid google in finding those minor links.
After a little over a week after having started this section, it's time for a small update.

I have been thinking about how to combine all that has been said here and how to have people work together on this like you would with programming.
I've currently started on a user editable template system (using mustache) that allows people who have logged in to create their own templates for pages (and edit css and upload images).
When I'm done you should be able to create your own site layout, or clone one from someone else to make changes or tweaks. Your layout can be linked to and selected from within the site so others can see it.

I think at first I will allow people to do this for the front page and log in page only. It should set the tone for the rest of the site while not allowing people to run ahead of themselves and start creating content pages while not even the overall look has been decided. Although it should actually be pretty easy to update the entire site layout with the template system. Maybe I'm trying to say : we'll start with the most visited landing page and take it from there.

I'll need a few days to get this up and running. I'll post here when I'm ready for people to have a first look.
If in the meantime anyone has any suggestions or tips for this, please let me know.
Quote from Victor :After a little over a week after having started this section, it's time for a small update.

I have been thinking about how to combine all that has been said here and how to have people work together on this like you would with programming.
I've currently started on a user editable template system (using mustache) that allows people who have logged in to create their own templates for pages (and edit css and upload images).
When I'm done you should be able to create your own site layout, or clone one from someone else to make changes or tweaks. Your layout can be linked to and selected from within the site so others can see it.

I think at first I will allow people to do this for the front page and log in page only. It should set the tone for the rest of the site while not allowing people to run ahead of themselves and start creating content pages while not even the overall look has been decided. Although it should actually be pretty easy to update the entire site layout with the template system. Maybe I'm trying to say : we'll start with the most visited landing page and take it from there.

I'll need a few days to get this up and running. I'll post here when I'm ready for people to have a first look.
If in the meantime anyone has any suggestions or tips for this, please let me know.

Vic: Have you become a Javascript hipster suggesting Moustache as the templating language?! :P

(I'm kidding around a bit. Moustache is definitely one of the nicer templating engines out there. Certainly much better than stuff like Smarty and other asinine solutions).
Quote from Victor :yeah I don't really know why it shows minor and major links.
If you search on google for lfs.net then there are major links. Dunno why.

Sitelinks show up when your search is significantly more relevant than the next search result that isn't on your domain, Google generates them automatically on organic results (although they're hand crafted on PPC).

Google seems to pick pages with lots of internal site links, so stuff on the main navigation often gets there, but I've never tested or investigated the specifics.
Victor, when you'll start 2nd stage ?
This thread is closed

STAGE 1 - Introduction (depricated)
(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG