The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
I noticed in the onborad video, that it is very loud, even in the pitlane he raises the voice quite alot to get heard.
Not that I expect Maybach style sound proofing on a light weight drivers car but anyway.
They actually channel intake noise INTO the cockpit at high revs to get MORE noise in there!
I got my hands on an FR-S for the weekend, to take the car to a couple of events including an autocross where drivers will get the chance to take it for a spin. So far I've driven it on the street, and the ride is fairly firm, the chassis feels really stiff, yet it's subtle over bumps. The engine is not that full of character nor all that quick, but it's got decent midrange and pulls the car along well enough. Looking forward to giving it a go on the autocross course on Sunday.

Here are some pics.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Just for discussion sake, why not a second hand S2000?

I have never driven a GT86 (BR-Z or whatever they call it in your country), or a S2000 for that matter. But why not S2000? I have always loved the way they look, plus it's a convertible with an amazing engine.

That's a great question. I've driven a bunch of S2000's, the 2.0 and 2.2L, and I've driven the FR-S. The S2k is significantly quicker and feels a bit lighter on it's feet and more nimble. The engine also has a lot more character, especially the 2.0L. I think quite a few people will like the style of the FR-S over the S2k, and there is always the special feeling of having a newly released car.

Personally I think I'd go with a 2.0L S2k.
#55 - JJ72
Over here Good S2000 are rarely found on market, they are kept by all the enthusiasts.
The S2000 is a convertible. OP is in Norway.
Also, I have 3 kids, so back seats (small as they are) are needed.
This isn't our primary car, though. Most of the time it's me and the back roads. Kids will be strictly short haul, so they'll be fine. :-)
Quote from KiRmelius :Poor kids!

Excuse me?

Kids should be happy that their dad will be owning a GT86
Quote from Scrabby :Excuse me?

Kids should be happy that their dad will be owning a GT86

Yes, kids will be bragging about that at school, but they'll suffer physical pain when sitting in the back. Especially if the dad isn't the smallest person in the world and pulls the seat all the way back. I've suffered that in my childhood and that sucked. Except the car wasn't that cool.
I'm not big and neither are they. Recaro childseats provide comfort and safety, so we'll be all right. :-)

Kids are already wondering when I'm gonna take them out 'skidding' as they call it. :-) Bless their tiny hearts. :-)
Haha, cool
Forgot about this thread.

Got the car to weeks ago, just in time for the biggest snowfall ever recorded in my area. Roads are clearing up now, and this car is truly a bundle of fun! Even in my daily commute I find I steer the car with my right foot. Not just skidding around, but making the car turn more or less by just applying a little throttle. Very, very nice!
So jealous!
Yeah, I love it so far! Also, drifting is very fun!
Attached images
305925_10151136382877352_635223179_n.jpg
544053_10151136199697352_650544568_n.jpg
What a beast! /me wants
It's an awesome car, bit down on power (esp. torque wise) but very nimble and comfortable to drive in. If I had the money, I'd buy one
Yeah, it's no torque monster, but it keeps putting that torque down right up to the redline, so the pull is decent. Also makes the revlimiter somewhat easy to hit inadvertently since you don't notice the engine running out of breath like most cars. I've set the shift light and buzzer at 6500 to give me almost 1000rpm warning until the limiter hits.

Also loving the controllability. The ass wants to step out, but it does so in such a progressive and easy to handle way that even me who've only ever driven fwd adn awd can cope easily. Even my wife tried a little powerslide and came back with a HUGE grin on her face! :-D
They've become almost as abundant as 05 mustangs now. I give it 5 years until they turn into the next 240 over here. There's already some guy who apparently uses it as a missile somewhere in Canada.
Yep!

I really love it. My opinion without driving it at first was totally the other way but that reminds me of shutting up before having tested it
Sueycide: Having many around doesn't detract from the fact it's a damn fine platform.
Scrabby, you have one too?
Unfortunatly no, but I've got it for half a day on my own. Not through the normal Toyota test drive stuff. So I got a good chance to test it. Really want one though
Quote from Scrabby :Unfortunatly no, but I've got it for half a day on my own. Not through the normal Toyota test drive stuff. So I got a good chance to test it. Really want one though

@Suicide: That's Patrick Cyr, canadian drifter. He's now sponsored by Scion Canada so he's building that one as a decent drift car.

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG