Anti lag system
(27 posts, started )
Anti lag system
We need an anti lag system mod, anyone agree?
Lag is caused by the limiting abilities of one's internet. No mod can help that.
I bet it's about turbo lag - in that case only tweak can help you. But in that case you'll be able to join modified servers only of course.
Or probably he means a FPS Lagg?
sweet jesus have mercy.

ALS!!!!! AKA misfiring system. Please do your car homework -_-
Quote from Eclipsed :I bet it's about turbo lag - in that case only tweak can help you. But in that case you'll be able to join modified servers only of course.

im talking more about someone making an addon to tweak so it turns the launch control into like a two step ALS. idk it was just a thought.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Lag is caused by the limiting abilities of one's internet. No mod can help that.

someones been watching too much initial d
#11 - CSU1
whooops!

Looks like the Vbulliten anti-fag system is broken again
Quote from FlyingBus :sweet jesus have mercy.

ALS!!!!! AKA misfiring system. Please do your car homework -_-

Which system is "misfiring"?
Sorry I have not done my car home work!
Quote from Shotglass :someones been watching too much initial d

i knew from rally before i saw it in initial d
oh come on i thought it was pretty good .
Actually, I was thinking about this from some time - it is possible in LFS and can be recognized as a cheat, but it is legal:
notice that when you turn off the ignition and press accelerator RPM's drop but the turbo pressure raises/stays at max (same as in reality).

so: make a simple "man in the middle" script to forward controls to LFS that would turn off ignition and press 100% accelerator below some set accelerator value coming from controller and would turn on ignition back on and forward the accelerator/throttle axis value normally.

Problem is that making a controller proxy is quite hard (I have only heard about SimpleJoy for C) but obviously the creator of launch control was able to change LFS values directly to do this (the same as ESP for cars that don't have it/before native ESP for LFS).

So yes, it is possible and it could enhance high-turbo cars (XRR FXR) greatly. Funny thing is that the "feel" would be exactly the same as in a real ALS system - no sound though (could be added from the controlling program).

I will do it as soon as I have some free time (no luck for few months now)
Quote from Tommy :
notice that when you turn off the ignition and press accelerator RPM's drop but the turbo pressure raises/stays at max (same as in reality).

How do you explain this? If you are talking about vacuum then this will at best rise to 0mBar, but not beyond.
Engine turns into a pump that pumps air from inlet at the cost of power coming from wheels
And this drives the compressor to the point of positive boost pressure? So you have created a perpetuum mobile?
Nope, power is coming from wheels and car is slowing down. When it stops there is nothing left to power engine to pump air into turbo.
I know what is your point, the answer is that the whole "raised pressure" area is a closed system and produces more and more friction to keep high pressure - no excessive energy comes out. If you keep feeding energy to wheels though, at some point turbo will "leak" the excessive pressure to the exhaust and it won't raise infinitely in the inlet. So basically you turn cars kinetic energy to friction.

I'm not an expert in physics - I do know that it just works (usefull thing to learn here is that when your brakes fade, turn off your engine and push maximum throttle - engine will compress air and generate more friction which will stop the car)

I would also like to know more about this so it is a nice topic for offtopic/general racing talk - let us talk there and keep the topic here which is ALS for LFS
Purpose of ALS is to keep turbo spinning to keep as high pressure in inlet as possible while not generating power to wheels, so when power is needed the turbo does not need to spool once again (aka. turbo lag). Audible and visual effect is just a side-effect not the main purpose.

So,
> Second vid - subaru is just an example of unburned fuel exploding in hot exhaust - my nissan did the same, probably only the AFR is low.
> First video its hard to tell exactly but it is very close, could be just launch control keeping low rev limiter while driver holds throttle open. Question is if bangs and flames between gear changes are effects of ALS or just rich mixture of air and fuel burning in exhaust (as in second vid).

A real ALS can be found in WRC rally cars -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... e&v=7zYZ_zItA1Y#t=38s
My Mazda had a 'flat shift' system where the ECU lowered the rev limit while the clutch was depressed. I had it set at 5500rpm. The purpose is to not close the throttle valve and thus not creating a backwash in the intake, stalling the turbine. That revlimiter retarded ignition significantly and made the car spit flames. The same system also worked as a kind of launch control, if you like. Worked like a charm on a high-lag car like the Mazda 323GTR.
Quote from atledreier :My Mazda had a 'flat shift' system where the ECU lowered the rev limit while the clutch was depressed. I had it set at 5500rpm. The purpose is to not close the throttle valve and thus not creating a backwash in the intake, stalling the turbine. That revlimiter retarded ignition significantly and made the car spit flames. The same system also worked as a kind of launch control, if you like. Worked like a charm on a high-lag car like the Mazda 323GTR.

My mom's 370z was limited to 5k rpm while in park, though it was N/A so it was probably launch control.
Quote from FlyingBus :My mom's 370z was limited to 5k rpm while in park, though it was N/A so it was probably launch control.

give me your mom number
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :give me your mom number

lol she traded it in for a 2008 BMW 535i. the n54 engine it has is very similar to the 2jz-gte

Anti lag system
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG