The online racing simulator
Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
there are lots of games i like, games which require some sort of brain power to play.
I can not let go of my hate for the horrible story missions. The "think fast" minigames just makes me want to uninstall the game and spend my time terrorising the game designer instead. (a key flashes on the screen, press it within a second or two or you fail and die)

Second hate in the game is random check points, now I am stuck at a checkpoint just before a long cut scene and a story mission I do not manage to win. What I would like to do is play some casual sadbox but I can´t, only option is to try and locate the game designer so I can send a box of poo to his cubical.
Oh my god, do you have any reflexes? It's not like unbeatable thing... Sometimes I can't understand what on Earth could bother people. But there is always gonna be something.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was thinking about trying Far Cry 3 because I'd heard it wasn't much like Far Cry 2, but now I'm hearing it's got a lot of the same AI problems from the original Far Cry which made the game frustrating. I might not bother.

its actually quite worth playing imho
yeah the ai isnt all that great but i havent felt any realy great issues with it
care to elaborate which issues fc1 had?
the stroy missions are a bit shit though and mostly mms/spunkgargleweewee style but it doesnt really feel like thats what youre there for in the game at least not for me and ultimately its nice to have this second mode of play which both adds a bit of variation and makes the rest of the game shine more by comparison

as far as the quicktime events are concerned i found there was only one boss fight where i found it impossible to do without playing though it enough times to get used to the rythm of them (might just be that it was the first time in the game they did this sort of qte sequence so i wasnt used to it)
mostly you have enough time to process that there is going to be a qte read which button it is this time and react
also worthy of mention is that the game uses qtes regularly enough to become used to them instead of the usual way of throwing them at you 2 times over the entire course of the game making it impossible to beat them on your first try

that said theres a bunch of things which are seriously annoying that also make me wonder how those ever made it though qa ... mostly related to the same thing
- you have to hold e to do anything in the game... i get that that is probably necessary on consoles where the key is presumably assigned to something else as well but on a pc its jsut infuriating
- interacting with things is extremely hit and miss... you can be standing right over a guy you want to loot and it just wont let you do it until you move a millimetre to the side
- again a console thing is presume but why is looting enemies and picking up weapons the same damn key? the weapon naturally falls down right next to the body and combined with the glitchy nature of interacting with game world elements its can be annoyingly difficult to loot a guy instead of picking up his useless weapon
- lastly why do we have to watch a lengthy animation every single time we interact with something... now i get how this makes sense during a firefight but couldnt we skip that time spend twiddling thumbs if theres not threat nearby?
- they give you this great wing suit to play around with later in the game only to rip it away from you after youve finished the story missions
Oh I'm not playing any game that has quick time events, **** that. I started the first part of the single-player in BF3 and stopped when it immediately threw up a QTE. No thank you.

What a stupid thing to do. ****ing pointless.
I love the game, but since this is a thread about finding small things to gripe about and write off the whole game, I don't like the menus, so I set my xbox on fire.
I don't like the fact that middle mouse wheel changes grenades and not weapons.
#58 - JJ72
Quote from R3DMAN :there are lots of games i like, games which require some sort of brain power to play.

A fellow Sudoku connoisseur, I reckon.
@Redman, Just removed the HUD or whatever it's called, that'll probably make it a bit more 'entertaining' for your kind of people.
Will i like this if i got bored at the middle of Far Cry 1? Is there a lot of "I got a bullet with your naaaameeee onnn iiiiiiit" comments from AI?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Will i like this if i got bored at the middle of Far Cry 1?

I think everybody who played Far Cry was confused about why they ruined it half-way through. I think they ran out of money so they let the work experience kids design the rest of the game.
yes i hated that from the monsters on..
So, is any of that shit here? I don't care about tech demo stuff, does it keeps you going and playing..
no theres no mosnters there and the vast majority is mostly like fc1 and crysis (the first half of both games) with a somewhat crappy modern military shooter taped onto it (well at least it mixes things up a bit) and some hunting
Here's a tip for you, when you first start out, avoid attracting the attention of tigers
Quote from DejaVu :Here's a tip for you, when you first start out, avoid attracting the attention of tigers

It's fun to hunt them with a bow later on.
Quote from DejaVu :Here's a tip for you, when you first start out, avoid attracting the attention of tigers

nooo
iv used them against military .sooooo fun
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think everybody who played Far Cry was confused about why they ruined it half-way through. I think they ran out of money so they let the work experience kids design the rest of the game.

I think they got heavily into old school Carmac games in the offcie and remade the ending to be a homage to Doom I & II.
the game has a really strange balance with animals and humans
usually any animal you come across is at least 10 times more dangerous than the humans in the game
Man, you guys are a bunch of nitpicky whiners. I thought the game was awesome.
Downloading from torrent
Nothing to be proud of.
Quote from Shotglass :the game has a really strange balance with animals and humans usually any animal you come across is at least 10 times more dangerous than the humans in the game

Should be that way, they are the likes of House robots of Robot wars.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh I'm not playing any game that has quick time events, **** that. I started the first part of the single-player in BF3 and stopped when it immediately threw up a QTE. No thank you.

What a stupid thing to do. ****ing pointless.

QTE is very nice for the game producer, they can let some 3d artists create a game without any need for coders. And there was a technical reason for QTE thirty ****ing years ago. This is how I feel when I play the story missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xIvTOLrYA

And the problem is not that it sucks, the problem is that the rest of the game is awesome so I can´t just take the loss and uninstall the game.

Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG