The online racing simulator
Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
That's actually the first thing I thought of. But this one doesn't look that bad imo. Let's see what will the PC version look like...
Hey Far Cry is one of my favorite games and I had not tried this Far Cry 3 but soon I will be coming to is as now I am playing "Brother in Arms"
In the trailer it was really hard to spot the reality vs what cryengine 3 can do, the visual was stunning
Quote from Inouva :In the trailer it was really hard to spot the reality vs what cryengine 3 can do, the visual was stunning

It is not Cry engine 3.

Crysis 1, 2 = Cry Engine 2, 3
Far Cry 1 = Cry Engine 1
Far Cry 2, 3 = different engine
Yeah, it's the Far Cry licence, but it's not Crytek developing it, so no Cryengine.
Quote from Mysho :It is not Cry engine 3.

Far Cry 1 = Cry Engine 1

Far Cry 2 is the CryEngine that Ubisoft took and basically reworked. They called it DUNiA.

Probably all new proprietary engine for FC3.
Quote from MadCat360 :Far Cry 2 is the CryEngine that Ubisoft took and basically reworked. They called it DUNiA.

Probably all new proprietary engine for FC3.

Where did you get this info from? Never heard of Dunia being reworked CryEngine. If that's true then I am confused because I never got that CryEngine feeling in Far Cry 2.
Quote from Mysho :It is not Cry engine 3.

Far Cry 1 = Cry Engine 1

You are right, i though that the Farcry franchise it was using cryengine after FC1

Still the visual of the FC3 it have nothing to envy to cryengine 3 or the last build of the Source engine. or the Creation Engine from skyrim
I am curious too, because I'd be judging from pictures that there is an use of DX11 which would be impossible with consoles... For DX9 this one looks so good imo. You can see ambient occlusion and tesselation from the pictures they released. Wonder what will be the final product...
i played both,but didnt finish 2 coz it was so damn long and time consuming,but 3 will be awesome too graphics wise for sure,and i am buying it defo !
I just completed the story part of the game. I can say that I don't play much I am not CoD fanboi, and I really choose what I play. But somehow, this game got me, really simply got all of me. From moment one I got direct feeling of Far Cry 1, my GTX470 could handle it maxed out with DX11 enabled so I really was getting visual of Crysis, there were no stupid re-spawns of riots as in Far Cry 2, they made a huge map, but it's not only the map, its somehow living world, animals, day/time change, rains, storms, quite OK handling when driving a car... A billion of small things like this, which can get you great overall feeling. The story is not a Shakespear's top notch work, but it's not really bad at all. Gets 2 endings and cut scenes and all the story telling is quite... how to say it... great.

When I installed it and clicked the icon I was telling myself oh another shit from Ubi, now after a week and endless amount of time I spent playing it I had to go to lfsforum and find up this thread to write here my recommends for you.

Far Cry 3 is the game you want. An FPS game of the year. And has absolutely great soundtrack.
so turns out the game is actually pretty darn good
that said there are a couple of things that are infuriatingly bad about it
I may need to get around to installing it.
yeah i finished it yesterday 2 ....great game and defnitly fps of the year ...(bf3 is in 2011 btw)

imo it would be great with 5-6 hours more, but still there is lot to do on the map..that quest and so...
Awesome game! Just tried for first time and I'm going to keep on playing...

back to game---->
I've been playing it on ps3 and I'm well impressed. The scale is huge, the missions are challenging with convincing a.i and some good movie style moments. Great cut scenes which are well acted too. It even looks pretty good on the aged console, although it's clear where the differences are.
Just completed it...
It's nice, its just as Farcry2 but better. Except the storymissions are quite boring. Story is better made though, still hate those pointless missions.

And its great that I have to start uplay even when its a steam game, and I have to start steam since I can not add it to the uplay portal. Great work ubisoft. (F.U!)
Quote from Mysho :Where did you get this info from? Never heard of Dunia being reworked CryEngine. If that's true then I am confused because I never got that CryEngine feeling in Far Cry 2.

This is a bit late, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunia_Engine

According to the source article only 2-3% of the CryEngine remained, but nevertheless it started out as CryEngine.

Far Cry 3 is incredible.
Quote from heson :It's nice, its just as Farcry2 but better.

Far Cry 2 was gash. There were a few enjoyable fights in there but way too much tossing around, endless dull commutes from one location to another, no real explanation about what the conflict is about or what your role is or why your character is happy to work for anyone and switch sides at the drop of a hat (your character is a complete arsehole?), it was a real half-baked game.

I was thinking about trying Far Cry 3 because I'd heard it wasn't much like Far Cry 2, but now I'm hearing it's got a lot of the same AI problems from the original Far Cry which made the game frustrating. I might not bother.
Watch an unskippable cut scene.
Listen to some guy ramble on
Fast travel close then Follow yellow dot
Shoot some shit
Fast travel close then Follow a yellow exclamation mark
Shoot some more shit
Fast travel close then follow yellow dot
Watch unskippable cut scene.

Rince and repeat.
Quote from R3DMAN :Watch an unskippable cut scene.
Shoot some shit
Shoot some more shit

Rince and repeat.

I can play that too.

Drive round a corner.
Drive round another corner.
Drive down a straight bit.
Drive round another corner.
Drive down another straight bit.

Rince (sic) and repeat.
Shoot some shit
Shoot some more shit

Rince and repeat.

If I was playing this way I'd type here same bored shit as you.

Don't fast travel. Explore. Then the mission is just a bonus, real core of the game is totally elsewhere.
Shoot some shit
Shoot some more shit

Rince and repeat.

Is there any game on the planet you like?

Press a button.
Let it go.
Press another button.
Let the button go.

Rince and repeat.

Far Cry 3
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG