The online racing simulator
Layout editor in SPR replays
(20 posts, started )
When you're watching an SPR replay, you can use the autocross editor ingame and place objetcs, which will cause an OOS error when a car collides with a new object. The ability to acces the layout editor during an SPR replay should be denied, like it is at MPR's.

Preview: http://vimeo.com/29982934
Agree with you on this, never thought about it myself since I did not know it was actually possible to do. One part of me however tells it can be a use for this for people making movies and such, but if it gives and OOS error the second someone touches an object it's not a good sollution, and better off disabled.
It crashes when you hit the objects for me, i made a layout that was like around my racing line so it was perfect corners and stuff.
Then someone actually can do a silly and fake replay Let's say they want to show their superb driving skills in a movie, but all they actually does is to put objects as close to the racing line in the replay as possible and tape it, so it looks like it's damn accurate driving.
Quote from The Very End :Then someone actually can do a silly and fake replay Let's say they want to show their superb driving skills in a movie, but all they actually does is to put objects as close to the racing line in the replay as possible and tape it, so it looks like it's damn accurate driving.

Yes, that's what I was thinking of But it would be difficult to be precise with the racing line the car took

Another reason to fix this bug
Use a replay analtyze first to see the line, then put it to .125 speed/pause or something, then just put stuff around and it will look like the driver is soooo good
Offtopic: Like... this?
:d:d:d

Edit : I canot manage to do the joy smily now by some strange reason...(it renames : D to : d automatically...and NO, no caps lock on )
Quote from The Very End ::d:d:d

Edit : I canot manage to do the joy smily now by some strange reason...(it renames : D to : d automatically...and NO, no caps lock on )

Ye, i reported that as a bug but seems like it is not a bug :S sometimes i do but then it shows as :d. :/
I can safely say that this bug is not present in the z15 test patch as i tried three different ways to do this, all of which failed....

1. Slide around the carpark before booting it towards one end and handbraking sideways at speed until i came to a stop in a straightish slide, then pause, add objects around the car, save layout, and then when i tried to save the SPR i got the 'replay was not being recorded' message.

2. Start off on the carpark with no layout selected, hammer around and pull the same sideways slide and save the replay, then open up the replay and fast foward to the end, add the objects and then save the new layout, when i watched it back the cones i added around the car were not there, possibly because i was racing on an empty carpark without a layout loaded when the SPR was saved,and as i had saved a layout, i wasn't in fact racing on that layout in the original replay, or so i thought, so.....

3. make a new layout called bug.SPR with 1 cone added in a random place, start the race on that layout and then do the same sideways thing again, save replay, open it and add objects, but then over-ride the existing layout so that the layout i was racing on when the SPR was recorded had the same name as the now edited one, but again, the objects around the car were not there.
You must:

1) save an SPR replay without a layout
2) load the replay
3) place some objects in front of the car (to make the car touch them)
4) OOS error.
Yah, that does work, just ignore me lol.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I can reproduce it in 0.6E

Whoops, sorry. I have no idea why I thought it had been fixed. I fixed the title
Please don't fix this, I use it a lot.
The point is it helps me when I create layouts, I trace the outline of my car when I'm free-drifting. If you do hit an object and it throws you an OOS, just rewind a bit.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :what the point, when it causes OOS?

Because the drifters can use it to make it look like they are pro when really they made the layout around their horrible driving skills
Quote from Flame CZE :Whoops, sorry. I have no idea why I thought it had been fixed. I fixed the title

You've got confused because this was fixed for MPRs, but it's still working on SPRs.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG