Poll : You want to see this improvement in LFS?

No, I don't need this
Yes, It would be great!
I don't know
Two players on the same PC (dual screen/split screen)
Hi,

I have suggestions for improving multiplayer mode by introduce possibility of playing two players on the same PC with dual screen/split screen support.

This is related to my previous thread.
I don't see why this would be great in a game like LFS? It's an online racing simulator, not a singleplayer splitscreen racing simulator.
Quote from Bose321 :I don't see why this would be great in a game like LFS?

You can't imagine situation where you have one PC, two screens, two controllers and two player who want to race?

Quote :It's an online racing simulator, not a singleplayer splitscreen racing simulator.

So this is reason why I wrote thread in improvement suggestions section?
And what is LFS... You can say it to the person who traveled shorter distance and finished fewer races online than you, but OK.
Quote from adamshl :Hi,

I have suggestions for improving multiplayer mode by introduce possibility of playing two players on the same PC with dual screen/split screen support.

This is related to my previous thread.

+1
I was only talking about the splitscreen part. How exactly do you want to run the game once and send different views to two or more screens? As far as I know that's never done before?

If you want splitscreen fun you should try out mario kart.
Quote from Bose321 :I was only talking about the splitscreen part. How exactly do you want to run the game once and send different views to two or more screens? As far as I know that's never done before?

If you want splitscreen fun you should try out mario kart.

splitscreen would be fun.

i have 2 wheels (one almost) dead and it would be fun to race some freinds on lfs . but atm we cant.
LFS is not very demanding game, you can play it almost every rig, so setting up other computer is more reasonable imo.

Also I found it quite pointless to develope. And LFS has way more urgent things to improve/develope.

Sorry for such a negative post.
Quote from TypeRacing :LFS is not very demanding game, you can play it almost every rig, so setting up other computer is more reasonable imo.

Also I found it quite pointless to develope. And LFS has way more urgent things to improve/develope.

Sorry for such a negative post.

sure if you buy me the pc i will be happy to do it.
Quote from Bose321 :I was only talking about the splitscreen part. How exactly do you want to run the game once and send different views to two or more screens? As far as I know that's never done before?

This part of my suggestion (spiltscreen) is not for me, it is for others, who have only one screen. I don't know what the problem is.

Quote from TypeRacing :Also I found it quite pointless to develope. And LFS has way more urgent things to improve/develope.

So let's be quiet because Scawen abandon development of new physics for this or any other improvement suggestion. Maybe Victor should close this forum section?
Let's be serious, we should talk here about new ideas, not about the priorities of Scawen.
Quote from Bose321 :I don't see why this would be great in a game like LFS? It's an online racing simulator, not a singleplayer splitscreen racing simulator.

I hate this sort of closed-minded logic. Just because you think LFS should be online racing only, doesn't mean that it WOULDN'T be fun for other people. By your logic, I guess we should nix hotlapping and singleplayer mode altogether, right? Because it's an online racing simulator, it says so right in the title!

Right!?????
Quote from ToxicKlay :I hate this sort of closed-minded logic. Just because you think LFS should be online racing only, doesn't mean that it WOULDN'T be fun for other people. By your logic, I guess we should nix hotlapping and singleplayer mode altogether, right? Because it's an online racing simulator, it says so right in the title!

Right!?????

butthurt by his opinion?

he said a valid point and i reply with one also.

you just went full retard there
I actually agree with ToxicKlay, he's making a valid point about the close mindedness of some video game players. He's in support of the idea by using an attackers attack against them. Personally we have like 7 computers in the house, but when you have a 50 some in monitor hooked up to you main rig why not allow split screen? Need for Speed sadly abandoned it years ago due to greed. Plus typically when you have two computer setups with two different racing wheels and seats(like I do) people usually are in different rooms and can't have a conversation with one another. This is where spiltscreen would allow the seats to be side by side and fun! Personally I feel this is a simple and fun update. NFS1 on windows 95 did it why not LFS on Windows 7?? (I feel like my PS Vita would be able to handle this sort of game and make it fun)

I would have to add please split the screen vertically and not horizontally, that was the stupidest choice in gaming history in my opinion.
Even if we were able to somehow bridge two instances of LFS together on the same computer (resource hog), it would be better than nothing.

Quote from Franky.S :butthurt by his opinion?

he said a valid point and i reply with one also.

you just went full retard there

Yes, this is a very good debate strategy. Call someone out on being butthurt and then proceed to call them "full retard". Well done! I can only hope that in the future, I may possibly apply to the College of Franky.S Internet Posting Etiquette.
LFS would be awesome in split screen. I don't understand why pc games don't allow that... it sucks. I don't want to buy shitty ps3 or xbox just to have split screen option

How can you really say no to it?
Quote from ToxicKlay :I hate this sort of closed-minded logic. Just because you think LFS should be online racing only, doesn't mean that it WOULDN'T be fun for other people. By your logic, I guess we should nix hotlapping and singleplayer mode altogether, right? Because it's an online racing simulator, it says so right in the title!

Right!?????

Now that you mention it, yeah. We should remove all singleplayer features.

Are you serious?

I wouldn't mind having a splitscreen feature, it would be fun. But I doubt there would be any serious racing action with wheels. You would both need to use something like a joypad or keyboard and mouse. That would mean you will miss the realism that LFS has. Therefore you're just better of with any racing game that has splitscreen. I just don't see LFS as racing simulator benefit with a splitscreen feature. No need to get all mad here...
If LFS was to be some serious sim racing only game, it would be totally different... now it's just something in between searching for it's place. Physics are good but other than that, everything pretty much sucks compared to other racing sims...

There are a lot people playing with keyboard and mouse and joypad at the moment, so I don't think it's any reason to not to make split screen..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG