The online racing simulator
Hosting A Server
(15 posts, started )
Hosting A Server
For some reason this is what happens now. I will host a server people will try to join but it always says "Guest Timed Out" I will once in a while get the odd person that can join but if they get in nobody else will be able to join my server.

I do have a Router but Have the ports open for the game. Same setup as before (months ago) but for some reason does not work now maybe because its a diff version of LFS? I have all software Firewalls off.

This is for S2 by the way hosting a Non-Dedicated server. Im using Version 0.5Q

Thanks
IMO, it's a NAT (router) problem

Does your server use DHCP? In this case, maybe its ip address has changed, but the router still forwards to the old ip.

Check this first

Edit : IMO, you'd better post in "Technical assistance forum"
Quote from mosquito25 :IMO, it's a NAT (router) problem

Does your server use DHCP? In this case, maybe its ip address has changed, but the router still forwards to the old ip.

Check this first

Edit : IMO, you'd better post in "Technical assistance forum"

Yes its DHCP, Ip is the same. I thought of that and checked before but does not seem to be the problem.

Im also thinking its a Router setting. Something simple I have forgotton. If it helps any im using a Linksys 4port Router & DSL 3mb/800k so plenty of upload speed.
Hmmm. Btw, this problem can't be version related IMO (same ports for all versions)

Did you change LFS Server port (in config file for a dedi server)?
Or maybe the LFS Port is redirected in another rule (port range forwarding)? Dunno if it's possible with your router.

Sorry if it's seems stupid, but I've no other idea
Have you openned both ports, on the right protocols: TCP/63392, UDP/29339 and TCP/29339?
i got that all time when i had a router, but everybody could join and nobody lost connection..
Quote from the_angry_angel :Have you openned both ports, on the right protocols: TCP/63392, UDP/29339 and TCP/29339?

:nol2:

You only need to foward TCP/UDP 63392 (standard LFS Port, or the one u're using in config file or new server configuration) : Faq LFS : opening a server from behind a router
29339 is only used to connect to the master server. As I remember, this is an outgoing TCP connection, no need to forward this one. Of course, if your firewall blocks outgoing connexions (like zonealarm), you'll have to open this port.

@bryanviper : to be sure if it's a routeur problem, can you try with your dedi server host in DMZ?
Quote from mosquito25 :You only need to foward TCP/UDP 63392 (standard LFS Port, or the one u're using in config file or new server configuration) : Faq LFS : opening a server from behind a router
29339 is only used to connect to the master server. As I remember, this is an outgoing TCP connection, no need to forward this one. Of course, if your firewall blocks outgoing connexions (like zonealarm), you'll have to open this port.

95% of home model routers dont route correctly, nor do they always understand that even if its out going, not to block it, which is why I always say to people to open and forward the ports correctly.
Got it working thanks guys. Just changed it to a lower port and it works.

Thanks
I have same problem but even if i use a lower port ( 2000 ) it still does't work..

Sur le client j'ai le message : n'a pas reçu les infos de l'invité
Sur le serveur : new guest timed out

quelqu'un a une idée plz?
Resolu :
En fait j'ai passé mon réseau local de 192.168.0.x a 10.0.0.x et ca marche.. Je sais toujours pas pourquoi mais tant que ca marche..
Euh non en fait ca marche pas plus qu'avant, car j'essais de passer par un client vpn ( ipig ) mais sans succès. si il y des gens qui ont deja testé ce jeu sur un client / serveur VPN tout m'interesse..

Merci a tous
I have similar problems. I'm not sure when these problems started (been running LFS hosts since 2002), I got used to "guest timed out" messages and hoped that someday patches would fix this problem.

Now I use v0.5T5 dedicated, still getting too much "new guest timed out" messages. As I mentioned, I'm not sure when time out messages started to appear more often, must have been after S1 release. I have opened required TCP/UDP ports starting from 63390 (running several hosts on one machine). 29339/TCP is now also open.
Now i know, why i don't like french people :P The are even too bigheaded to talk english in an english-speaking, international forum....
Quote from bryanviper :For some reason this is what happens now. I will host a server people will try to join but it always says "Guest Timed Out" I will once in a while get the odd person that can join but if they get in nobody else will be able to join my server.

I do have a Router but Have the ports open for the game. Same setup as before (months ago) but for some reason does not work now maybe because its a diff version of LFS? I have all software Firewalls off.

This is for S2 by the way hosting a Non-Dedicated server. Im using Version 0.5Q

Thanks

which ports did you open?

Hosting A Server
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG