The online racing simulator
How did you start playing LFS
(92 posts, started )
Quote from Huru-aito :I've started with OutRun, Grand Prix Circuit & Test Drive on C64. Back in the day I was spending my evenings racing Viper Racing (with and without VRGT mods :revs online with some guys from Muropaketti (MuroViper). IIRC someone posted the link to LFS on our IRC channel and I downloaded 0.04k I believe it was and enjoyed it. It's all been downhill since.

Piirakka, ZT & co, I hope you're still alive and kicking

Muroviper sounds familar. Did you race in val's nightly races? I say about a good 10 years ago. I remember when vrgt first released the monster truck and arena. Had to be 7-8 years ago
I did like 2 races on demo with XFG and immediately bought the game.
Friends from GPL played it. I tried the demo XFG on Blackwood car park and was buying it within 5min.
žňšč
flj
I remember getting a disc on my birthday way back in 2004/5 which contained 20 racing games, they were all demo's though. But LFS was the one i enjoyed the most! And still stuck around ever since.

But i still haven't gotten to the point of buying a S2 license, since a S3 license was lurking arround, way back in 2008. That, and the FBM still keeps me busy!

Never really spended much time on racing though, i always messed around with the car's settings. I even remember you could change the wheel track on the XFG and XRG.

Decrease the wheel's track, higher the suspension, soften the springs, and look at the AI's roll!
Stumbled across it one day when I was searching for racing games on google.
A recommendation from a friend on a forum which has long since faded away, the forum was a small community of skilled programmers - a sort of hackers bar if you like. It was meant to contain the best programmers on the indi scene at the time but died a death for two reasons:

Firstly, few people in that community needed help so the forums were quiet.

Secondly, games like LFS blew the little sim I had been working on out of the water - and I figured i'd give up writing games and go back to playing them.

I am now writing games again, i'm just not bothering to do a racing sim :P
Quote from Becky Rose :A recommendation from a friend on a forum which has long since faded away, the forum was a small community of skilled programmers - a sort of hackers bar if you like. It was meant to contain the best programmers on the indi scene at the time but died a death for two reasons:

Firstly, few people in that community needed help so the forums were quiet.

Secondly, games like LFS blew the little sim I had been working on out of the water - and I figured i'd give up writing games and go back to playing them.

I am now writing games again, i'm just not bothering to do a racing sim :P

Do a racing sim!!!
I started playing LFS by seeing my friend in I.T in school, go on to the LFS.net website, so i did the same and then got the demo, became a cruiser freak.
#89 - Woz
Found a review of early version in a games mag. Played LFS for ten minutes then ordered a wheel

The servers my end of the world (NZ) have died off so not played in years now. Waiting to see what S3 brings now.
I have to thank Codemasters for introducing LFS to me. Way back in 2001/2002 I am to old to remember, while looking up the new TOCA, there was a post in their forums pointing me to RSC forums and LFS....yep, still here
Listen to friend about LFS. Starting with keyboard(2years) then i was 2year inactive and coming back in 2012 nov. and starting with mouse. Playing 1month with mouse and doing new pb on FBM 1.12.41. Mouse is good. Thats my story.
Googled around for alternatives to GPL, I think. Came across some LFS info before the first alpha release. Hung around for the first release and stuck with it since. The first years were VERY exciting! It's still the sim I come back to occationally. It's still like coming home

How did you start playing LFS
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG