The online racing simulator
AutoX Improvements
(6 posts, started )
AutoX Improvements
Hi,

Yes I know that Autocross is made mainly for placing objects, but:

1. How about giving the possibility to draw the chalk lines yourself? I mean they look pretty angular when put together (well what wouldn't be angular in LFS? )

2. Also, maybe adding kerbs to the object list, not just speed humps?

3. Yet again, some parts of a track in open track configuration are closed with some objects, how about making all the drivable areas object/wall-free?

4. Having the option to disable/enable penalties for hitting objects.

Pointing on the Autocross track now: I see there's a small kart track outside the viewer limits, so how about making that visible? (Can't just understand why it was added there if it isn't used.)

That's all I had in my mind
Quote from RandomnessInside :
Pointing on the Autocross track now: I see there's a small kart track outside the viewer limits, so how about making that visible? (Can't just understand why it was added there if it isn't used.)

You can use it when you set it as open config (AU1X) and place a starting position there.
Quote from Flame CZE :You can use it when you set it as open config (AU1X) and place a starting position there.

Geez, didn't know it works with that config. Thanks
Quote from RandomnessInside :Geez, didn't know it works with that config. Thanks

My cousin and I actually got there a few times with a few different cars without directly putting a start point there.
From Scawen:
Quote :As there is no space for pitch and roll in the existing 8 bytes per object, that would be too much of a change at this time. I thought I might investigate one thing though - maybe I could add a single bit to the Flags that would avoid the ground level check, so an object would stay exactly where you put it (and with zero pitch and roll). I realise that the granularity of ZChar is a limitation but at lest this would allow objects to be placed in the air over physical surfaces. One more thing I was thinking might help is a simple new object, a plain rectangular flat slab of concrete. It would look like the ramp but be level. Maybe it should have the same height as the ramp and legs. Or maybe two different objects, a plain flat slab and a separate slab with legs.

That's what I would enjoy.

AutoX Improvements
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG