The online racing simulator
Rinoseat New
(187 posts, started )
#176 - dbt
Quote from maxis123 :beautiful news, I hope that people will recognize the full quality of the cockpit.

I hope to make a full review of it once i get it..

At the moment I am waiting since 12.10.2010 for its arrival (that's when i ordered/paid it)
Rinoseat GTR Orange Edition from France

I find more realistic the one with the Fanatec

Sorry, had to say it hahaha
#179 - dbt
I got today the Rinoseat GTR "all in black" Fanatec edition.. I am missing some pieces, but they are on the way.. I hope to have it mounted by next weekend..

The seat was professionally packaged and the quality of the materials looks and feels excelent.. now lets see how easy is to build it
here is the first review from France: www.rinoseats.com/pdf/Test01RinoseatGTR2011.pdf

i received many emails with questions regarding the bucket seat in rinoseat
so, here is the answer

- the seat in Rinoseat GTR is hardcore looking bucket seat with increased comfort and size with a little changed shape of this seat:
http://www.recaro.com/en/produ ... us-pole-position-fia.html
- strong support for the shoulder and a big decline seat back, release the power in back and pushing the driver hands on the steering wheel (both together eliminates back pain)
- it gives you a sense of security and balance, a sense of real car racing
- i spent many days in looking for properly position of C style seating
- experimenting, i got unique feeling of sitting: "feel the race"
- seat cover is made of a material that "breathes", so there is no sweating

http://www.rinoseats.com/images_share/fr10r.jpg
and now

the most important test, the test of wheel stability, made by sokko

copied here:

Last night I moved the monitor to our dining table. I even put white towel on the table with the wheel touching it to "amplify" wheel movement if there are any. I had to make the video with my Logitech webcam because handycam requires firewire which I dont have on my current setup. It would take another day to transfer it to computer.

The test was made with GTR2, NGT class - TVR 400 on Imola track. Forcefeedback settings are:
- effects: High
- strength: 90%

Video 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LYt...er_profilepage

Video 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeVO...er_profilepage

First video shows approx 2 laps around the track. I wasnt very gentle with the throttle to cause oversteering and wheel actions. Also, I tried to use curbs whenever I could to maximize vibrations. It is easier to look at the towel movements because whell seems rock solid.

Second video shows me shaking wheel stand with both my hands and all my strength. Yes, it moved but at that moment whole rig has moved because I moved my whole body.
there are a pictures of the new shifter holder for the G25/G27

the inverted pedals for the G25/G27 (and Fanatec CSP)

about compatibility

adjustments&options:
1 each pedal: left right
2 all pedals: angle (option)
3 all pedals: height (option)
4 resting place for the left leg (option)
#183 - dbt
I got the last piece of the Rinoseat GTR some days ago.. and it's already built and running..

Honestly I think that this is the best seat that money can buy.. and the good new is that it doesn't cost that much money the seat comes packed in a surprisingly small package. To build this thing is not easy (not a ikea thing) but its something everybody can do (i have build worst things). The tolerances in the seat are really small, that makes the construction a bit complicated, but in return it gives an impressive estability once it's built.. each piece is secured to the chasis by using a minimum of 2 or 3 bolts.. its imposible to move it once everything its built. everything is bomb proof.. the wheel support, the pedal support the shift holder support.. and best of all is that the whole seat is light (aluminum chasis pieces)

The adjustement options are extensive.. everybody can fit in this seat.. im 189 and it can surely fit much longer guys (im far from using the last adjustement bolts)

The seat is very confortable as well (more than it looks like)

Renato is the best part of the pack, he is extremely responsive and answers every question promptly and with exceptional detail.. I wish all customer services were at least half suportive as he is.

The only problem is the loong waiting times, but that has nothing to do with Renato or the product itelf but with the problem with his local post office. In my case the first seat was lost and did not arrive to me. But Renato assured me that he would send me a new one, and he did (no questions, no issues). I advice to all people buying the seat that the waiting times are worth the final product.. think of it as it's much better than buying a Ferrari (with waiting times longer than a year)
Quote from dbt :I got the last piece of the Rinoseat GTR some days ago.. and it's already built and running..

Honestly I think that this is the best seat that money can buy.. and the good new is that it doesn't cost that much money the seat comes packed in a surprisingly small package. To build this thing is not easy (not a ikea thing) but its something everybody can do (i have build worst things). The tolerances in the seat are really small, that makes the construction a bit complicated, but in return it gives an impressive estability once it's built.. each piece is secured to the chasis by using a minimum of 2 or 3 bolts.. its imposible to move it once everything its built. everything is bomb proof.. the wheel support, the pedal support the shift holder support.. and best of all is that the whole seat is light (aluminum chasis pieces)

The adjustement options are extensive.. everybody can fit in this seat.. im 189 and it can surely fit much longer guys (im far from using the last adjustement bolts)

The seat is very confortable as well (more than it looks like)

Renato is the best part of the pack, he is extremely responsive and answers every question promptly and with exceptional detail.. I wish all customer services were at least half suportive as he is.

The only problem is the loong waiting times, but that has nothing to do with Renato or the product itelf but with the problem with his local post office. In my case the first seat was lost and did not arrive to me. But Renato assured me that he would send me a new one, and he did (no questions, no issues). I advice to all people buying the seat that the waiting times are worth the final product.. think of it as it's much better than buying a Ferrari (with waiting times longer than a year)

Can you take a pic from the side ?

Cheers M8
new Rinoseat GTR with T500RS

Still Waiting
I think Renato makes great products and has alot of passion for his work. However, I am still waiting for my 12 seats after more than a year.

Any good news for me Renato?

Regards,
Marcus
here are news guys,
http://f-wheel.com/news/new-fanatec-product-csl-seat

c/p from rinoseat, some other forum.

Quote :We stopped with any orders in July 2012 (we guarantee for all orders until then). Our existing customers can contact us on support@rino.hr (only in related to a guarantee given on the product).

We did not have the capabilities for mass production and quality of delivery, so we decided to get this job to the best company in the world of sim racing hardware. So, the new producer and seller is only Fanatec.

Now, we continue to work on developing new products exclusively for the Fanatec and under the Fanatec brand name. They have enabled us ideal conditions for the development of future products.

The old&former Rinoseat Team.

so its same product different brand, and now only former rinoseat problem with delivery is solved.

Rinoseat New
(187 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG