The online racing simulator
1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Maldonado

Alonso P6
If they are anywhere near each other on track then it's not a title battle as Vettel has the points advantage. A gripping finale would be Alonso in 3rd (let's assume the Maccas have cleared off) with Vettel out and Webber chasing in 4th. Can he catch and overtake him? Would he want to?
A Mclaren 1-2? A car didn't break down in the race last time so cmon, don't expect too much. They're guaranteed one this race . More likely is Hamilton catching Alonso after a gearbox penalty and bad start.
Merc's running pretty long on their last engines:

Link
An Alonso win would be better for the 'sport' so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out on top with some weird thing happening.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Merc's running pretty long on their last engines.

Same with Mclaren.

Why does pretty much everyone go only one race on the Belgium engine?
Quote from Rappa Z :Same with Mclaren.

Why does pretty much everyone go only one race on the Belgium engine?

Probably want maximum performance at Monza, but I was noted on the fact (Edit: BY USAAC COS HE MAD) that list only shows when teams put in new engines so it doesn't really mirror the truth since they can take out engines and put them back in for a later race.
Well this only shows when they put the engine in, they can obviously go back to the old engines after putting a new 1 in. So they put a new 1 in for Belgium, and then put a new 1 in again as Monza is a race where Engine performance plays a bigger role than normal. So it doesn't tell a perfect picture of the situation.

FU Teemu
So slow
So a driver that is faster in qualifying and dominate the race weekend after weekend deserves the DWC LESS than the guy who struggle in qualifying and must claw his way trough the entire race? How does that work?

I enjoy a good fight for the lead as much as the next guy, but if noone's there to fight I'm not gonna beat on the guy that's better than the rest.
Quote from atledreier :So a driver that is faster in qualifying and dominate the race weekend after weekend deserves the DWC LESS than the guy who struggle in qualifying and must claw his way trough the entire race? How does that work?

I enjoy a good fight for the lead as much as the next guy, but if noone's there to fight I'm not gonna beat on the guy that's better than the rest.

Some people prefer watching drivers actually fighting for positions during the race, instead of cruising around making fool of the complete field with a dominating car. If you look at it primitively, points-wise, then it's easy, Vettel got the most points so he deserves it, the others suck...
Depends on what you like. That was my opinion, that's how I see this. End of story.

Asking the other drivers who they would like to be the champ would be interesting, though I think the majority would vote for Alonso. Hamilton surely.
So, if that is the case, award points for number of positions gained. Have the faster qualifier start in the back to give him the best chance of most passes and there you go. As long as it's a championship that award the faster driver, not the most spectacular one, you get this.

Also, as we witnessed last weekend, the track itself can greatly enhance the spectacle. When a track don't allow for overtaking we are watching a 90 minute parade.
Quote from Intrepid :An Alonso win would be better for the 'sport' so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out on top with some weird thing happening.

Meanwhile at a back alley in Sao Paulo, Narain Karthikeyan slides out from the shadows with a envelope full of Euros, and the keys to a brand new Ferrari.

I seriously hope that Ferrari doesn't do anything unsporting (like instructing Massa to ram Vettel if he has the opportunity). They are certainly not beyond such skullduggery. I want Alonso and Vettel to fight it out clean and fair.
Quote from samjh :... I want Alonso and Vettel to fight it out clean and fair.

... with Vettel winning the fight. Would be nice to see what the "hurr durr Vettel can't overtake" crowd would make of it Probably the "well he's in the best car" argument
Vettel will almost certainly have the faster car. If they fight it out it might be clean but it wouldn't be "fair". That's f1; every year we argue about whether the champion "deserves it", when often they only have to be better than 1 other driver half the time.
The Ferrari is not as bad as people suggest. It might not have outright pace, but if Redbull knew how to make an alternator the championship would be over already. Both the challengers' teammates have made the car look bad at times. With RBR we say car good, Webber bad, but for some reason it's the other way round with Massa and Ferrari. We like to think Alonso is getting 101% from the Ferrari because it's a better underdog story.
People say we need Vettel to move to another team to prove he's a "great", but why? He should stay there and win every year, this is f1. If you want to compare drivers you need them all to go to one make formulae, or one team in f1 fielding 24 cars. Oh well, good season on the whole.
Quote from sinbad :Vettel will almost certainly have the faster car. If they fight it out it might be clean but it wouldn't be "fair". That's f1; every year we argue about whether the champion "deserves it", when often they only have to be better than 1 other driver half the time.
The Ferrari is not as bad as people suggest. It might not have outright pace, but if Redbull knew how to make an alternator the championship would be over already. Both the challengers' teammates have made the car look bad at times. With RBR we say car good, Webber bad, but for some reason it's the other way round with Massa and Ferrari. We like to think Alonso is getting 101% from the Ferrari because it's a better underdog story.
People say we need Vettel to move to another team to prove he's a "great", but why? He should stay there and win every year, this is f1. If you want to compare drivers you need them all to go to one make formulae, or one team in f1 fielding 24 cars. Oh well, good season on the whole.

Yep. AGreed... i actually think the Renault is another car which is far better than it looks.

The reason F1 is so marketable though is the inherent conflict in the way the championship is promoted. We have a driver's championship which lavishes praise on any driver who wins, when in fact what the championship really represents is more of a constructor/driver recognition. With 80% of the performance based on the speed of the car.

The reason this is genius is because it allows the formation of fans and arguments between said fans. You have 12 pairs of drivers all competing in different cars. it means someone can be a fan of a certain driver, and state why they think they're the best, despite the fact they are two seconds slower. That lack of speed is legitimate of course, but it means that you can follow any drivers you want and praise them even when they are not winning.

But at the same time... there is nothing more infuriating than seeing a driver you don't rate winning the WDC and getting all the glory... again it's marketing gold!
Quote from Intrepid :Yep. AGreed... i actually think the Renault is another car which is far better than it looks.

The reason F1 is so marketable though is the inherent conflict in the way the championship is promoted. We have a driver's championship which lavishes praise on any driver who wins, when in fact what the championship really represents is more of a constructor/driver recognition. With 80% of the performance based on the speed of the car.

The reason this is genius is because it allows the formation of fans and arguments between said fans. You have 12 pairs of drivers all competing in different cars. it means someone can be a fan of a certain driver, and state why they think they're the best, despite the fact they are two seconds slower. That lack of speed is legitimate of course, but it means that you can follow any drivers you want and praise them even when they are not winning.

But at the same time... there is nothing more infuriating than seeing a driver you don't rate winning the WDC and getting all the glory... again it's marketing gold!

You pretty much summed f1 up as a whole.
I don't care about the podium as long as Alonso isn't on it
Too bad. Koba > Guti.
Meh, he has always been one of my favourites.
Quote from Mustafur :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104476

Looks like Kobayashi is out of a drive next year.

Not a huge surprise, but it's still disappointing news. Hopefully he will be picked up by another racing team, be it in F1 or elsewhere. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are any F1 team who will likely take him on for next year. If he can't get a seat in F1, then he should at least be talking to Le Mans teams, starting with Toyota.

F1 Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2012
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG