The online racing simulator
#1 - samjh
F1 Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2012
It is that time of the year again. The final race and title decider of the 2012 Formula One season is on this weekend, at the legendary Autódromo José Carlos Pace in Brazil.

With just 13 points separating Vettel and Alonso, on a track renowned for its unpredictable results, this race guarantees to thrill.

For Alonso to win WDC:
* 1st and Vettel worse than 4th
* 2nd and Vettel worse than 7th
* 3rd and Vettel worse than 8th

For Vettel to win WDC:
* 1st to 4th outright
* 5th to 7th and Alonso worse than 1st
* 8th and Alonso worse than 2nd
* 9th or worse and Alonso worse than 3rd

In other words, Alonso must score at least a podium to have any chance of taking the title. Vettel's worst case scenario is to finish 4th or better.

Weather (Weather Underground):
Friday - 32C - partly cloudy
Saturday - 33C - rain, 70% chance of precipitation
Sunday - 22C - chance of rain, 20% chance of precipitation
#2 - Mysho
I really do hope for some serious shit going on. Vettel dominating the race would be too boring.
One of my favourite tracks. Hopefully it'll be wet, or failing that, really warm.
#4 - CSF
Alonso to qualify badly again, rain to come, Alonso comes through to take the win. Hamilton steals 4th from Seb on the second last lap as the rain gets heavier, Seb struggles with grip, surprising given how good the red bull can be in the rain...then suddenly, Massa who was having a great race in third loses all temperature in his tyres, spins off and gifts the title to Seb. Alonso loses the plot, finds Petrov and punches him for "costing him" the 2010 title. Massa cries.

#5 - JJ72
Bernie....do your thing.
Quote from CSF :Massa who was having a great race in third loses all temperature in his tyres, spins off and gifts the title to Seb. Alonso loses the plot, finds Petrov and punches him for "costing him" the 2010 title. Massa cries.

:wow: rofl
As long as Alonso doesn't get the championship
Fiiiiinally, a track with proper bends and no stupid hairpins
Quote from CSF :Alonso to qualify badly again, rain to come, Alonso comes through to take the win. Hamilton steals 4th from Seb on the second last lap as the rain gets heavier, Seb struggles with grip, surprising given how good the red bull can be in the rain...then suddenly, Massa who was having a great race in third loses all temperature in his tyres, spins off and gifts the title to Seb. Alonso loses the plot, finds Petrov and punches him for "costing him" the 2010 title. Massa cries.

Lol'd. In a library.

Thank god the weather prediction looks very good, in terms of "walls of water coming". I'm just hoping it won't cause the race to be shortened.

Curva do Sol, do your thing!
#10 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice ::wow: rofl

The story should remind people of a couple of title deciders through the last couple of years.
Hahahahaha Chris!!

Hamilton P1
Alonso P2
Webber P3
Vettel DNF after contact with Massa
Hamilton P1, yes
Kimi P2, oh yes
Alonso P3, oh yes!
Vettel.. taken out by someone who we least expect. That's how its gonna go
Can we get a poll in here? Alonso vs Vettel?

1. Ham
2. ALO
3. Kimi

T1: Massa forces Grosjean into a mistake, who crashes into Vettel.

Or if it rains:
Alonso wins and Vettel DNF's.
Quote from vipex123 :Vettel DNF after contact with Massa

I really want Alonso for WDC, he clearly deserves it more, he could actually fight himself up to the podium without crashing people.

I'm sick of Vettel.
Why you guys think that Vettel will suck on wet track?

If you guys hate Vettel so much, how come that you don't hate Alonso for dirty moves and übermegahyper favorable team tactics in last races?
Vettel has worked hard in recent races to get that gap between him and Alonso. If Alonso would win WDC, it's lame. How the hell he deserves it more than Vettel? No way.

Yzaaq. Keep your filthy opinion for yourself. Couldn't say that you are sharpest pencil either...
You are actually becoming a bigger idiot everyday that you inhale oxygen I swear. I cant take you seriously after GT1WS, protesting someone who you wrecked and overtook.

Both have their claim to be a champion, you point out Vettel haters then ignore the finnish guy who says the opposite? OK Team orders are just part of F1, so is 1 driver having a car advantage. Personally I would like Alonso to win because I have supported him since 2008 because I think he is the best driver overall. A driver who doesnt take the opportunity to have his team mate help him is an idiot. It was common sense for Ferrari to do what they did in America considering their situation, backed up by the fact 3rd and 4th was the best result they could have got no matter how they had started, and that was what they got with their drivers in the correct order. Others can think different if they want, aslong as they have a good reason.
You're both wrong, Ham deserves it the most.

It's impossible to agree on this stuff, due to bias or just general opinions.
Vettel is not matured enough, cries a river everytime something doesn't work out and makes stupid mistakes (crash under SC, srsly?). Look at Alonso, he didn't make any mistakes this season, didn't crash anyone, fought for each positions with hard work (über crap qualies -> podium finishes), drove over the limit almost all the time. His effort is more valuable IN MY OPINION, than Vettel's pole -> win hotlap sessions, sorry. I haven't really seen him fighting for positions. He's nowhere near as good driver as Hamilton or Alonso, maybe in a few years, maybe...

inb4shitstorm
#19 - CSF
Not like people didn't say the same about Alonso's wins in 05/06 from pole to flag?
Quote from CSF :Not like people didn't say the same about Alonso's wins in 05/06 from pole to flag?

And don't forget the MSC era. I was talking about this season, makes no sense bringing prev. seasons into the conversation.

E: Phil is right, endless argument is endless.
#21 - CSF
Not really, Schumacher has far less pole to wins ratio when compared with Alonso and Vettel.

For your edit: Okay then, both Alonso's titles have been shit so far as all he did was pole to win!
Fak. Alright then, I would really like to hear your opinion about Alonso's and Vettel's performance this season. Which one is worth more for you? Just compare them quickly and explain who deserves the WDC more and why.
#23 - CSF
Alonso was excellent in maximizing a consistent car at the start of the season. The Ferrari might not have been at the highest high, but it was consistent on it's tyres and had a man possessed behind the wheel. The Ferrari never went up or down weekend to weekend like the McLaren Lotus and RBR did. Oh and Mercedes, but thats just a joke team. As soon as the other teams worked out the tyres, after the mid season break, co-inciding with Ferrari's wind tunnel change, Ferrari were left behind and don't have the car win races as the quicker cars have got quicker and more consistent.

At the same time that this happened, Fernando has begun to struggle to extract performance out of the car in qualifying and has begun to start further and further back, leading to incidents like the sillyness with Kimi in Japan. At the same time Red Bull finally fixed whatever issue they were having for most of the season, and the car is now as consistent as it can be quick, especially in qualifying where it was struggling this season. This happening at the same time has not helped Fernando who has really struggled in qualifying with some of the updates, culminating in being comfortably out qualified by Massa at the USA.

Seb's not been amazing this season, but neither has his team. They strung it together at the right time, and in many way maximized their points scoring when that car wasn't doing what they wanted it to. By contrast, Ferrari have gone backwards for whatever reason, but I think it's interesting to see how much better Massa is doing now relative to Fernando.

Ideally it wouldn't be Fernando in this position, it would be Lewis. Now there's a man who has driven well most of the season. Really McLaren should be looking at a title here, but instead are out of it and we are looking at two less than perfect driver/team combinations coming through and taking the glory. Probably RBR.

This will happen, and Alonso will take the WDC
All die and

wins all

Oh wait, damn

F1 Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2012
(241 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG