The online racing simulator
Shame he Didn't get a Carlin ride.
Although, on a positive note... With Ricciardo, Wickens, Vergne, Rossi, and perhaps Costa going away, he's a logical championship contender. Maybe even the favorite.
Although Stanaway is in, so it's not as easy as you have made it sound - still, great that Gravity have taken him on for another year, and tech1 seems a really decent team so I wouldn't be so quick to put them down compared to Carlin. Hoping the very best for Kevin - he deserves a real shot at the championship this year.
hmmm
i just partayd with kevin just a couple weeks ago
:0
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Although, on a positive note... With Ricciardo, Wickens, Vergne, Rossi, and perhaps Costa going away, he's a logical championship contender. Maybe even the favorite.

Possibly, but Carlin have had a Stranglehold of F3.5.

Ricciardo almost won in a Tech 1 in 2010 though so i guess it could be possible but it depends who is at Carlin.
Quote from Mustafur :Possibly, but Carlin have had a Stranglehold of F3.5.

Maybe, but it's hard to say if they'll keep their advantage with the new car. It'll certainly make things more open for sure.

Having two rookies(Will Stevens and Kevin Magnussen) will probably be a disavantage deveolpment wise for them.
Very tough 2012 season for Kevin Korjus. Just like his fellow sophomore Alexander Rossi, he didn't seem to be able to figure out the new car. 10th place overall, in the end.

Still a last opportunity to save the year, as he will make a surprise appearance at the Macau GP in a few weeks. It's going to be an uphill battle though, as he has no previous Macau experience, and almost no F3 experience. But we've seen more surprising resurgences there in the past.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Still a last opportunity to save the year, as he will make a surprise appearance at the Macau GP in a few weeks. It's going to be an uphill battle though, as he has no previous Macau experience, and almost no F3 experience. But we've seen more surprising resurgences there in the past.

He did his first F3 race at Snetterton, got awarded by 2nd place, right infront of Tristan Cliffe

http://www.f3cup.co.uk/news/race-1.aspx
Is that Snetterton race the only requirement for Macau, regardless of finishing position?
Quote from Senninha25 :Is that Snetterton race the only requirement for Macau, regardless of finishing position?

Yes.

Position is pretty much irrelevant anyway, this is just a random club event, with various, and mostly outdated machinery.

I've read that Kevin didn't even take the start of race 2 to save money.
#39 - CSF
Felix winning a 10 lap race by 55s is quite interesting.
Yup, he's really really good, and far better than home-prepared cars driven by keen amateurs. Trevor Carlin was mightily impressed the ability in the paddock - considering our WHOLE SEASON cost less than one MEETING for Da Costa.

Kevin went home early - after being out qualified by an amateur, and then I was quicker in the first race, he probably wanted to avoid being beaten by amateurs too

My prediction is Antonio Felix Da Costa will be F1 World Champion in 2017 or 2018. He may have made me look rubbish (I am), but he's a really nice bloke. I hope he stays that way.
#41 - CSF
Yeah it was more the fact that Kevin was second. Crazy time difference!!
Portugal may just be starting to wake up to motorsports now that there is someone starting to make an impact on the lower formulae and being backed by a major company, but so far nowadays all he gets is 30 seconds of news coverage on a sunday after winning a race (that's football for ya), but he's definitely destined for great things in the future
Quote from Senninha25 :so far nowadays all he gets is 30 seconds of news coverage on a sunday after winning a race

This is huge when it comes to motorsports feeder series... Can't recall the last time I heard a mention of F3.5 or GP2 on mainstream media.
#44 - robt
Quote from tristancliffe :

Kevin went home early - after being out qualified by an amateur, and then I was quicker in the first race, he probably wanted to avoid being beaten by amateurs too

You must have done quite well tristan, you were mentioned in the local sport news on the radio today
Wow! As I know that I don't have a career as a driver, the ability of a pro, or the backing of a pro team, it really means a lot when the media notice me, even if only at the local level and for a fleeting few moments.

Note: Kevin is better than me. But he'd never driven an F3 car, or at Snetterton (apparently), so I did have a bit of an advantage. But he was ~6 seconds per lap slower than Da Costa, who is someone he needs to be on a par with if he wants a career as a driver.
He's on the Entry-List in an international field of f3 drivers at Macau in 2weeks.
That's why he was on the same grid as me - to qualify for Macau. Double-R ought to take me instead
First qualification is done at Macau. Da Costa took the pole. TOP 3 is within 0,020sec. Korjus had crash during free practice and didn't got much time to practice. He got 20th place in first qualification.

Second qualification is tomorrow, weather forecast predicts rain.

Results & story from Q1
#49 - JJ72
the top three is split by a hair. can't wait.
Weird how Felix Serrales is in 9th.
Drove circles around him in Formula Ford.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG