The online racing simulator
Torsdagsrace S27 Race 9 2012-11-01 UF1 @ Fern Bay Club Reversed
Pls read the rules below carefully, and make sure you understand the meaning of them!

Admins will be on the servers to answer all the questions
Feel free to place questions in this forum as well!

EVENT CONDITIONS
===============
Track: Fern Bay Club Rev (FE1[R])
Car(s): UF1
Qual: 20 min (no telepit)
Laps: 54 laps
Weather: Yes (see "Weather Conditions" below)
Pitstop: 1 Forced pitstop, pitwindow lap 11-13, 4 tyre change
Server(s): Torsdagsrace A (+ Torsdagsrace B if more than 32 attender)

TR Top: UF1
WR UF1: 0:53.00 (MonkeyHe)

SCHEDULE
=========
19:00 - 21:00 CET: Warm up
21.00 - 21:20 CET: Qualification
21:30 CET Race start
Estimated race length 45-50 min

OFFICIAL TRAINING DAY
===================
Much more fun to train together!
Tuesday 10/30 20:00-22:00 CET
Drop in, no password set.

QUALIFICATION
============
Garage is CLOSED during Q.
- ALL setup changes, tyrechanges and refueling during qualification MUST be made on the pitsquare in the pitlane. You are NOT allowed to go into the garage and change your setup.

- If your car becomes undrivable you MUST go into spectate mode (shift-S) or into garage (shift-P). Your qualification session is then over, you are NOT allowed to rejoin (shift-J) a qualification session.

Violators that rejoin the Q will have to start the race from the garage on server B (if B are in use)

Qualification is held on servers, A and B.
A-server: Aimed for average and more skilled drivers.
B-server: Aimed for average and less skilled drivers.
B-server: Also aimed for drivers never driven TR before and late arrivals that has to midjoin the Q.

Drivers that fail to follow this conduct of honour and misplace themselves on the wrong Q-server might be taken out of the qualification by TR Admins

General Q behaviour.
- ALL drivers MUST check the "minimap" for upcoming drivers driving there hotlap.
- If you are on outlap/inlap you MUST let drivers on hotlap stay on their racing line and let hotlap driver pass in a safe way.
- Its recommended to let faster drivers pass if you have "lost" your hotlap, otherwise normal racing rules applies if both drivers are on a hotlap.
Qualification protest are treated the same way as race protests.

RACE
=====
NO mandatory pit.
You are free to go to pit of your own choice.
Rejoin race are NOT allowed after reset or spectate (shift-R/shift-S).

Would you like to participate?
Despite TR being a league, you are not required to partake every week. Simply join the races that sound fun to you! Every week a new sticky thread will be created here in TR's forum.

Sign up using our form. More information about the signup procedure is found here.
Amongst those who have signed up, we go by first-come, first-served.

WEATHER CONDITIONS
==================
Some of our races use weather conditions according to the actual track conditions.
Conditions will be checked prior to each session.

Current weather conditions at our race courses
Fern Bay, Jamaica
South City, USA
Westhill, United Kingdom
Kyoto, Japan
Aston, United Kingdom
Blackwood, United Kingdom

Actual condition : LFS
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Partly cloudy or sunny conditions : sunny
Mostly cloudy, overcast, rain, or storms : cloudy
Wind 0-5 km/h : no wind
Wind 6-20 km/h : low wind
Wind 20 km/h or more : high wind

WELCOME!
OK Kids, this is a combo requested by the Oldies in this league You had your monster combos already, now we need to calm down before the mighty Final of season 27.

This will be a Thursday picnic at Fern Bay
Feel free to take the roof down, and bring a bottle of wine and some cheese to enjoy in your car while racing

Since u probably will run out of wine pretty fast, there's a pitstop at lap 11-13 so you can have your pitcrew to hand over another whatever you are missing. Female passengers are banned thou ;-)

EDIT:

Without asking the other admins I have added an "Actual weather condition" test.
Its all in the first post above.
The idea is stolen from Corny, running the "World TBO Championchip" with this concept.
Thought it was ok to try it on this race, since its just a low end car this time 8)

Forecast for next thu at Fern Bay is Isolated T-Storms ... its gonna be wet on the track guys ;D

Just waiting to see if the other admins will kick me out now ... :-[
I will be there!
Quote from Big.Jamo :

Yepp, promise to not hurt you tonite, still annoyed hitting you last race
Password set to picnic !
Weather will be cloudy, 32kmh wind
Quote from sjoblom :
SCHEDULE
=========
19:00 - 21:00 CEST: Warm up
21.00 - 21:20 CEST: Qualification
21:30 CEST Race start
Estimated race length 45-50 min

So qualification begins at 19:00 UTC or 20:00 UTC? According to this, CEST = UTC +2, so it would start one hour earlier, as summer time has ended.
Ran out of internet before the start. Disappointing.
#9 - J@tko
Oh god, hahahahaha what a fail from me. Parents rang me literally as the race was starting so had to start off driving with one hand. Realised I wouldn't be able to change gear so tried to change it to auto, turns out you have to go via shifter first which put it in neutral! So had to go to auto, take hands off kb and then go back into 2nd gear, all of which put me right at the back. Then went and drove the first 4 laps with one hand and with auto gears whilst also talking on the phone, absolute nightmare! And my phone went off again halfway through the race!

Ended up trying desperately to catch Rocket at the end, was 7 seconds at one point and got it down to 3.5 (breaking my pb several times) but couldn't do any more. Was a good (if a tad lonely) race, quite enjoyed the combo actually! Thanks for having me
Really fun and tight racing tonight, had a blast trying to keep M.Kapal behind me with some really close calls, to bad I ended up losing the position. Great driving Kapal!
Quote from J@tko :Oh god, hahahahaha what a fail from me. Parents rang me literally as the race was starting so had to start off driving with one hand. Realised I wouldn't be able to change gear so tried to change it to auto, turns out you have to go via shifter first which put it in neutral! So had to go to auto, take hands off kb and then go back into 2nd gear, all of which put me right at the back. Then went and drove the first 4 laps with one hand and with auto gears whilst also talking on the phone, absolute nightmare! And my phone went off again halfway through the race!

Ended up trying desperately to catch Rocket at the end, was 7 seconds at one point and got it down to 3.5 (breaking my pb several times) but couldn't do any more. Was a good (if a tad lonely) race, quite enjoyed the combo actually! Thanks for having me

Haha, wow! Eventful at least! Good job to to keep going
I got bored approx. halfway through, so i tried the flipability of the car, which turned out to be quite a challenge, always landed on wheels. Succeeded on my 5th attempt.
Very well done, Danny ! Fixed your FPS drops, heh ?

Nilex, too bad that you aren't in the top 3 Next time !
Fun to see some new drivers in TR at this event, your welcome back for sure

Sorry for the cut and paste mistake on the CEST time zone in the race post. Hopefully noone got it wrong

3 drivers who finsihed the race got 10 points deduct each for crossing the pit exit line:
Danny, Rocket and Nilex.
Some others were hairy close but imo you were never crossing the line

OK, cu next week, keep telling your friends about this event. All friendly drivers are welcome

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG