The online racing simulator
Laptop freezes
(21 posts, started )
Laptop freezes
Hey guys. I´m havin a problem with LFS, when i open the game ly laptop freezes completely. I´ve search the forum for answers but the ones that i found didn´t help. The last one was deleting the cfg.text, but it didn´t work. Does anyone nows a solution?
check your graphics drivers are updated if thats not it then post back here and im sure that either myself or another member will be able to help more
I tried that, but it does the same thing. And i´m thinking that the problem the game itself. I played many games that made my laptop sweat xD and it didn´t freeze.
have you been able to play lfs on this laptop recently and has only just started happening or is it a new laptop and first installation

also when you reboot your laptop and you get the windows has recovered message can you post the information within that,its been a while since ive seen one but i think you may need to click more information or something similar

And finally have you tried a new installation of lfs and if so did it produce the same error.

Also any help from the rest of the community would also be appreciated to help this chap with this problem as we all know theres some pc wizards here
This is the first time that i´ve installed LFS in my laptop and i´ve reinstalled it twice, my laptop is an acer aspire 5738zg. And the weird thing is when i reboot my pc no recovery message appears =/. And hey man i apreciate the help =)
I have the same laptop and have had no problems running LFS for a few years. Must be something in the Event Viewer if it needs a restart, does it just go black and you can't alt+tab or anything?
Nothing, the laptop completely freezes. The only thing i can do is press the power button until it shuts off
what version of windows is it your using, if ive found the correct system specs then go here http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in and choose the driver for your graphics or i think there is a plugin that can check for you , also download drivers from here (i had a similar problem with my old nvidia 6200 card and it only worked with the previous driver release so worth trying)

also download sound drivers if needed from here http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=1122

also check if any updates in windows update

also worth trying is going to the cfg file and look for start windowed,change the 0 to 1 and see if will start
I´m running Windows 7, and my drivers are updated. But there ia a new problem... my laptop nos freezes anywhere. I´m starting to freak out...
so possible corruption with windows itself, id suggest trying to restore windows either to an earlier time or a fresh installation,and if that failed then could possibly be hardware problem like bad memory
And how do i know that the problem is the memory?
I was not able to use memtest86, because i didn´t know how to use it xD, but i use the Windows memory test and i didn´t found any problem. Any ideas on what to do now... =/
It's an older, cheaper laptop with fairly poor cooling. ( sorry, wasn't trying to put it down )

Try this link for instructions to pull it apart and clean it as the issue is probably dust build up causing it to overheat.
http://forums.techguy.org/hard ... re-overheating-issue.html

If your not comfortable doing that then getting a techie mate or a shop to clean it should do the trick.
Quote from Racer X NZ :It's an older, cheaper laptop with fairly poor cooling. ( sorry, wasn't trying to put it down )

Try this link for instructions to pull it apart and clean it as the issue is probably dust build up causing it to overheat.
http://forums.techguy.org/hard ... re-overheating-issue.html

If your not comfortable doing that then getting a techie mate or a shop to clean it should do the trick.

id only say do that as a last resort when hes exhausted any other possibilties, id suggest incase a software error itself to do a reinstallation of windows and see whats happening then, it would be easier if could get the problem code
Thats the strange thing, it doesn´t show anything, maibe i just don´t know where to see the problem code...
Hey thanks man =)
Well, i reinstalled windows and it stills do the same. I think it´s time to take it to the experts =/.
Hey i just found something interesting. My laptop only freezes when i´m on normal mode, when i´m on safe mode it doesn´t freeze. maibe it´s a software problem.
sounds like it could be a driver error,are you using the same drivers when you done a new install,if so try going for the previous versions of driver for anything like the graphics
Quote from spotty1 :sounds like it could be a driver error,are you using the same drivers when you done a new install,if so try going for the previous versions of driver for anything like the graphics

I´ve found out what the problem was. It was an windows update. I went to a computer store and told them my problem. The next day i went there again and he said that the an update went bad and scrued my laptop. He intalled windows again and didn´t charge me anything!! And he save all the things i had in my lamptop. So since this problem is fixed i just want to say thank you all por helping me, and especially spotty 1. You my friend gave many advice, thank you very much!

Laptop freezes
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG