The online racing simulator
Bootcamp + LFS
(9 posts, started )
Bootcamp + LFS
Anyone tried running LFS on a mac with winxp+bootcamp?? does it work ?? any one tried it on the regular white macbook ?? im plannin on trying it out soon...
#2 - TiJay
Should be great.
keep us informed
Yeah i saw that thread, but it didnt touch the regular macbook...
Ill keep you informed when i get a chance to try it out...
Quote :Anyone tried running LFS on a mac with winxp+bootcamp?? does it work ?? any one tried it on the regular white macbook ?? im plannin on trying it out soon...

I have a bog standard 17" iMac and got 90fps without touching the options at all, although i'd recommend adjusting display options.

Mac Books though will perform badly because they share GFX+CPU RAM which instantly reduces a computer to about 60% of it's normal performance when playing games or dealing with large documents. The same is true for the Mac Mini.
I have just been trying it out on my macbook. As said, it has 1gig ram and 2ghz processor. I have fiddled around a bit with the settings, and resolutions, and i get an fps rating between 50-65 when going around by my self on blackwood forest track. Everyhting works without any problems, i havent tried it with my momo wheel yet, but i guess thats simply an usb issue, and my usb-mouse works fine so...

djdolber, the momo will work perfectly, you just have to install the Logitech momo drivers.

And in the near future, I am purchasing a baseline 17" iMac so its nice to know from becky's post that I'll get fairly good FPS

Bootcamp + LFS
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG