The online racing simulator
Saturday Night Fever on [AA] Demo Racing
Hey boys and girls,

after the spontaneous 45 lap race from yesterday evening that was pretty successful on the second try I want to establish those race types on our [AA] Professional FBM server.

For the start there will be every Saturday at least one 45 lap race with a 10 minutes qualification. Start time will be 7 pm or 8 pm UTC I need to think about it again and will tell you the concrete starting time in the next two days.

The two races yesterday were not bad for a spontaneous "planed" race, the first one could have been better, sorry to all who thinks they were threated unfairly. But the second race was a great success in my opinion, 9 out of 12 saw the checked flag :wow:. It was really a high quality race with very good racers and with very small and only few incidents. So I hope to see you all on next Saturday on our [AA] Professional FBM server.

In terms of organization I have a favour to ask, it would be nice if one or two member of the AA team or one of our limads could join me to guarantee a smooth race. Just post it here if you are interested or write me a pm.

I'm looking forward to see many of you next Saturday

mugen
Ok guys so here are the final informations for the saturday events:

Update: Start time will be 7 pm UTC (8 pm CET/BST, 9 pm CEST/CEDT)

Limitations: PB limit 1.15.00, Safety Ranking on our Server: min. 70%

First will be a 20 min qualification following by a 5 min break so everyone can prepare their cars for the race.

Server: [AA] Demo Racing
Car: FBM
Track: BL1

You race 45 Laps and must pitstop at least once (it's ok to make a stop-and-go pit).

And now some rules (they are just the basics in my opinion):
  • Qualification: don't block a driver on his qulifying lap, use your mirrors and the minimap to avoid those situations
  • Respec the flag rules, espacially the blue flag
  • Don't make use of bomb diving or stupid and too aggressive overtaking moves, you have enough time to analyze your oponent and create an opportunity to overtake
  • If you spinned or accidently crashed clear the racing line as fast as possible and watch your mirrors/minimap before driving back on the track
  • Only use the chat during the race if it's really important
Midrace join will be disabled after lap 5, so that noone can disturb the race.

If you want to join then please finish the race and don't leave after lap 10 or so. Eventough you think it doesn't make sense to finish the race anymore you still can gain some experience for the next time.

That's all I've to say so far, those rules are really just basics so please respect them otherwise you will have to take the consequences.

Looking forward to see you on saturday

mugen
Update: This saturday the starting time will be 7 pm UTC
Is this every Saturday?
Yep there will be a race every saturday. Maybe you want to join, everyone is welcome
Yeah im concidering it. Despite that i hate FBM and the car hates me. Always burn the Clutch after like 1 lap. But if i can revice a decent setup i will probably try it out.
sure just come to one of the fbm servers and i will give you one of mine have lots of setups for the fbm, neutral, under- or oversteery, but most of them tends to oversteer
What track do you race at?
It's a demo server so it will be BL1
#10 - C0r3
where are all the aa-demo-server gone?

@mugen: i bought an umts-surf-stick, so i think i can take part in that race this saturday again - and i improved@singleplayer (i had to much time - alone )

i m looking forward to join that race.
A little update for the event: qualifying will be 20 minutes instead of 10.

@C0r3: Our servers are all online. If you have turned on a filter in LFS it could be a reason why they weren't shown in the connection list. And great to hear that you are back, let's see what you've got on saturday
Update: Limitations for the event:

PB Limit 1.15.00
Safety ranking on our server above 70%
The idea of this is great to have a 45 lap race, but the limitation will be from now on or it was for yesterday also? Cause there still was crashing going on in the start of the race that put me out for good.

I think the PB limit should be even lower like 1,14s

otherwise everything is fine.
Quote :If you play LFS and are afraid of contact -> Play FIFA.

The limitations will come into effect with the next one coming up on saturday. And just like Gelin said, there will always be some contacts in racing you can't avoid them just by putting on a PB limit that is lower than 1.14:00. I've seen lots of people who can drive 1.13 or even 1.12 times, but aren't capable of driving side by side races. The safety rank limitation should be ok for the start to filter out those drivers. If it's still necessary to lower the PB limit I will decide after the next races. But I don't think that the problems are caused just by the "slower" drivers. In my opinion a good racer must be capable to adjust their speed to the given situations!

@LTDNavickas: I watched the replay of last night race and the incident at the start was caused by a lagger.

Quote from Gelin SWE :If you play LFS and are afraid of contact -> Play FIFA.

dito
I thought someone just crashed me at full speed before the first corner, thats why i said lower the PB limitation. Well we will see what will happen next week.
Do we have to register or something? or we come in the times u wrote and race?
And if there are 18 racers that want to race? we split and will go to the second or third server...etc etc...?
You don't need to register just come in time. No there won't be a second race, only one per week. Those who can't join have to wait until next week, since there are only 15 slots on a demo server.
Update: The event is moved to another server, its now on [AA] Demo Racing. Starting time is still the same.
First of all i would like to thank you for hosting this race.
Today only 7 out of 13 finished, most of the racers left on the first 5 or so laps. Stick or carrot? Maybe ban a driver from the next race if he does not finish the race or alternatively introduce some kind of point system that would encourage drivers to finish the race and collect the points.
Just passing this off as a thought. Maybe some drivers might want to consider using a sequential shifter setup (in the options) instead of using the clutch and burning it out so quickly. It does help when it comes to race-times, I find.

Moreover, these races are starting at roughly 3pm my time. I don't think I'll be able to attend these. Will there be any races starting at 1800 Hours (6PM) in the Americas (GMT-5)?
Quote from speeddemon6 :Moreover, these races are starting at roughly 3pm my time. I don't think I'll be able to attend these. Will there be any races starting at 1800 Hours (6PM) in the Americas (GMT-5)?

Qualifying for the AA events start at 19:30 GMT always, with the race starting at 20:00.

If you have any other questions or anything, visit the AA website:

www.airattackteam.com

Since this server is still up and running, and having only XFG option, its interesting unique choice for demo server. However currently the race lenght is 13 hours. Is there any admin alive who could change the laps to 4 or 5, and remove qualify?

edit: thanks Mikke Smile
Yes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG