The online racing simulator
Sliding out
(8 posts, started )
Sliding out
Hey there im new to LFS but not new to sim drifting

on LFS i have noticed everytime i drift and start to counter steer, about halfway round the corner suddenly the car flicks back the other way.

If i try to regain it by turning back again, it ends up being a crazy snakey until at a complete stop

please explain what im doing wrong
Post an SPR.
My guess is your car catching grip and flicks you, the moment before car stop skidding you need to have your front wheels straightened.
Replay would show the best what you are doing wrong.
#4 - Omar1
you're simply over correcting, easy to do in the XRG as its low powered. It gains grip mid-drift but it feels like you still need to apply the same amount of lock but it bites and flings you the other way. I think if you have less toe on the front wheels it should help.
Thanks for your help ^

I'll try changing some settings around or a more powerful car and see how that goes
Might have to do with the transient behaviour of the car (ie how its dampers are setup). You should get a setup that works from something like setupgrid and if it still occurs, its unfortunately you.

Either way, it's probably too much grip and you are not getting enough slip angle, and/or your countersteering too much.
#7 - Omar1
Quote from iBlade :Thanks for your help ^

I'll try changing some settings around or a more powerful car and see how that goes

The only RWD Driftable car on demo is xrg son
He can always downgrade. I've always found drifting the XFG fun. Put on a set of knobbies on the back and then you can dynamic and e-brake drift through the corners.

Sliding out
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG