The online racing simulator
2012 f1 singapore grand prix
(33 posts, started )
What this year is a lesson in is to finish first, first you have to finish. McLaren have done a absolutely stunning job of blowing the championship. Probably have overall (including mis-season dip in form) the best car & both their drivers are no where in the championship
Quote from amp88 :Unless anyone else can post pics I'll try and find some more tomorrow.

Few more frames attached. The first image shows Massa cutting 4 times.

The second image is a look at the Webber/Kobayashi overtake. I chose the high camera shot over the low trackside shot to give better perspective of car positions. Webber is making a valid attempt at going round the outside in order to have track position for the next left hander. He is only forced off track when Kobayashi pushed him there. Note that Kobayashi's right rear wheel is on the white line and the car is also sideways by a few degrees.

I've agreed with the vast majority of the stewards' decisions this season, but I just cannot understand why Massa escaped a penalty and Webber got hit with one on this occasion.
Attached images
massa_cutting.jpg
webber_kobayashi.jpg
maFIA
I think every driver cut that 2nd corner of that chicane almost all the time...
Quote from Hyperactive :I think every driver cut that 2nd corner of that chicane almost all the time...

Obviously you were trying for hyperbole there, but could you give a few examples?
Quote from amp88 :Obviously you were trying for hyperbole there, but could you give a few examples?

Well maybe the word cut is a bit too harsh but almost everybody went very deep in that corner. When I was watching I think everyone who drove through that corner drove straight over the kerb so that their car was barely within the white lines.

Anyways, here's maldonado's quali lap:
http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/

Some drivers like Vettel for example went much deeper all the time during the race.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well maybe the word cut is a bit too harsh but almost everybody went very deep in that corner.

I was clearly talking about people who were driving outside the track with all 4 tyres and gaining an advantage by doing so (which is why I contrasted Massa's driving with Webber's). Putting 2 wheels over the white line is absolutely fine; that doesn't count as leaving the track.

Quote from Hyperactive :When I was watching I think everyone who drove through that corner drove straight over the kerb so that their car was barely within the white lines.

The car is either within the white lines or isn't. It doesn't matter how close people went.

Quote from Hyperactive :Anyways, here's maldonado's quali lap:
http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/

Still has 2 tyres inside the lines.

Quote from Hyperactive :Some drivers like Vettel for example went much deeper all the time during the race.

Obviously I didn't watch the entire race checking for Vettel driving outside the white lines, but I didn't see him doing it with all 4 wheels over the white line even once. If you give me a lap number I'm happy to take another look.
Quote from amp88 :Obviously I didn't watch the entire race checking for Vettel driving outside the white lines, but I didn't see him doing it with all 4 wheels over the white line even once. If you give me a lap number I'm happy to take another look.

Well I'm not going to watch the full race either . Maybr I'm remembering it wrong but some drivers (like vettel and schumacher) did drive that corner very deep. After a quick look at the race it does seem though that the cutting wasn't as extreme as my previous posts does make it look though...

2012 f1 singapore grand prix
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG