The online racing simulator
Stu it honestly handles much better than expected. Think of it less as a boat and more of a FZ4.
Quote from Hahmo :I guess no one here is aware that GT1WS 24h race blocks out MoE 24h.. so.. noe MoE 24h.. Which is absolutely retarded imo, and I'm quite sure most of the community would prefer seeing MoE 24h again rather than doing the GT1ws 24h instead..

this.

i wanted to do my first moe24h

was looking forward to it.
I agree with Isaac and Miro !
Quote from PMD9409 :Stu it honestly handles much better than expected. Think of it less as a boat and more of a FZ4.

When i thought about it, i think that might be true. Some R1/R2's and stiffer suspension could make it fun. Now just need to get home to try it.
You will be lucky to get R1s to work in Q.

Think more about how FZR has the nice R2/R3 thing going for it for GT2. Very similar balance can be made for this. Also the added weight if anything is making the car more planted on exit.

We had a test server for it but I think cargame made it vanish (superGT server). Will try and ask if I can borrow it again.
You will lucky to be able to use R1 for qualifying lol.

Think more like FZR. Both similar compounds (R2/R2 and R3/R3) work and so does different compounds (R2/R3). So you can use the knowledge from it.
#132 - CSF
Quote from Hahmo :I guess no one here is aware that GT1WS 24h race blocks out MoE 24h.. so.. noe MoE 24h.. Which is absolutely retarded imo, and I'm quite sure most of the community would prefer seeing MoE 24h again rather than doing the GT1ws 24h instead..

Ben is going to be moving around Christmas time, so will have no time heading into the new year. There could be something at a slightly later date though iirc. Don't think that no one wanted an MoE race, it just isn't feasible in it's usual slot.
Well 24 hours of le Mans 1968 took place in September, so ...
#134 - CSF
It might be early 2009 by September.
Wouldn't have been able to broadcast it if same week as last year anyways.

Me and Ben have spoke about it but he is a bit busy with real life stuff and moving across country. When/if it gets planned, you'll see an announcement. Just need to know when its feasible with current time slots.

Anyways, back to NDR discussion.
Quote from PMD9409 :
The TBOFR was designed over a year ago and is made for slicks. Idea never got serious until now. Basically was made similar to a GT4 European Cup, however when suggested to some they said they'd rather see BTCC format (and boof even suggested a BoP). So everything has been up in the air on it. The cars are nice in that they have different advantages. RB4 is a bit numb still. XRT is about balance, it still has the above average speed and good tire wear. FXO is fast in corners, held up on straights, and somewhat rough on front tires. RAC is light and has great cornering and tire wear, however suffers heavy on straights. FZ5 might be heavy but it handles great now, bit rough on tire wear but you can input things you use on FZ2/3 in order to make it balanced. A simple test at AS2R showed all 5 cars within 1 second of each other.

Only problem I see is that its pretty similar to live for slicks. I think FZ5 on slicks would be epic, im sure you could do something there.
Any info on what GT1WS restrictions are going to be?

Never mind, found it. Wasn't 1%15kg for FZR a little to high the last time it was used?
What if the MoE 24h counted for the GT1 Points table? It's a long shot but it's probably the best of both worlds if the original intention was to have a 24-hour race on the GT1 calendar.
Only half the grid could race(in theory, if the grid was full) which would be a pretty big flaw.
Just leave gt1ws as it is. Don't merge with MoE etc. It has nothing to do with it. Sometimes, only the title gives you crowd.
#141 - CSF
Quote from Senninha25 :What if the MoE 24h counted for the GT1 Points table? It's a long shot but it's probably the best of both worlds if the original intention was to have a 24-hour race on the GT1 calendar.

Again, hello, Ben not here? No ben = no MoE. Be patient with it. And read.
Lol folks this is basically revival and tune-up of old MoE (before Ben and all the multiclass shenanigance (yes i didn't spell that right)) when cyber-racing was the greatest and obviously we don't need MoE any longer then.

It's actually lovely that NDR boys didn't just take MoE name, rather filling the hole with something good-old-new in a brand new packet and leaving doors open to Ben and MoE to make a comeback any time they want or who knows making competition to them in future with new patch or making merge or you know possibilities are endless.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I also wouldnt really be a fan of the open config being the 24h race, I know from my POV the FPS on that track would be horrible cos of all the extra barriers etc. I guess if its an issue for me it is for others too.

Baring in mind it's the only open config of the season, as a person who had 22FPS at the start of last GT2WS, which climbed up gradually to drivable 40ish FPS I'd say it's actually the best place to have an open config is a 24hours race. After couple of hours cars get spread out and this isn't so very much of an issue anymore then, whilst if the race was shorter it would pretty much be over right there or in a little bit.

On the other note, FE3 is a little bit ridiculous, or any fern bay track and GTR in a combo for that messure. Would much rather see AS7/AS7R instead for example if you want a twisty track with few slow corners, a lot of fast corners and even extra corks crew challenge with properly allocated anti-cut tires, instead of FE3 ludicrous chicane.

And can we please change the track for the finale. AS4, which was used a number of times in IGTC is basically just endless straights track with interesting mid sector (which isn't even that interesting anymore as we used that level of DF there for ages in IGTC race and MoE 24h so very many times... AS5R/AS6R is way more interesting for a 12hours race if you ask someone who did IGTC/MoE there so very many times and if you're so very much OMFG nooo, not the rev track, then why not give AS6 a shot. Such a beautiful, twisty track, yet fast track, rarely used.

P.S. Before some of you come here and start ranting how great Fern Bay is and how much you love it, erm Isaac mostly ;D or how cool it is to have a race at each on of the LFS tracks, let me state some downsides to this track. It's the narrowest track anyone has ever seen and that is the core of all problems. Well, it wouldn't be too much of an issue if there wasn't for that horrible chicane. Tires are trown there at will and people are killed like in WW2. Yeah, ok, it can be little bit fixed with layout, but still it's absolutely horrible when you think it's only a 2nd corner after the race start, when mostly everyone is still side by side. It's the most difficult track to overtake as well, giving one half chance and baring in mind how narrow it is, quite easily defendable giving only one half opportunity around the outside of T1 to overtake and that only if fuel/tires state is much different and if your opponent isn't really willing to squeeze you off the road out of the T1 or if he's willing to slot in behind in chicane. Anyway, hard to overtake, ok no problem I say, but the possibility that your race can be hampered any time by a driver in front trowing a tire at you (in most cases will be a backmarker not willing to move out of the way soon enough) is absolutely terrifying and very unjust.

Therefor I believe AS7 is a whole lot more elegant solution to the problem.
You just want AS7 because it's your favourite track... The end.
Quote from N I K I :Baring in mind it's the only open config of the season, as a person who had 22FPS at the start of last GT2WS, which climbed up gradually to drivable 40ish FPS I'd say it's actually the best place to have an open config is a 24hours race.

Lucky you, I lasted 6 laps before my machine couldn't cope and crashed.
Quote from IMOL :You just want AS7 because it's your favourite track... The end.

Don't be so prejudice. Read the argument. I might have a point.
Quote from vipex123 :Lucky you, I lasted 6 laps before my machine couldn't cope and crashed.

1996 IBM?
No, I have an okay PC that is fine on every other combo - as Isaac has said, if there are a lot of drivers struggling with FPS issues then you in turn, without meaning to, alienate a percentage of the drivers wanting to compete. I myself cannot race the 24 hours even though I would love to, purely because of the fact the open config rapes my computer.
The 24h race has been changed from K31 to KY3B in my copy of the schedule, just not the copy the public can see, because of the framerate issues.

NDR 2013 Calendar Discussion
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG