The online racing simulator
Great job
Personally, I would prefer that the shadow in setup screen would be a bit darker, but can't wait to try the pack. So, I'll join the crowd: when / where ?
Quote from smove : I tried to reflect the most important characteristics of a proper background.

It should:

- stay IN the background and not draw too much attention to itself
- guarantee readability of all the menus and texts
- be of a consistent graphic style throughout all screens
- match the content, style and aesthetics of the game/sim
- work at different resolutions and aspect ratios

Totally agree with you. That is the standard.

Anyway, when you say "- stay IN the background and not draw too much attention to itself". Are you serious? Your screenies are amazing.

Cheers!
Quote from luchian :Great job
Personally, I would prefer that the shadow in setup screen would be a bit darker, but can't wait to try the pack. So, I'll join the crowd: when / where ?

I'm with you there – will work on that!

I'll see what I can do, being quite busy at the moment ... but the most has been done!
Quote from Lynce :Totally agree with you. That is the standard.

Anyway, when you say "- stay IN the background and not draw too much attention to itself". Are you serious? Your screenies are amazing.

Cheers!

I feel greatly honoured, Lynce. Thanks a lot for the compliments!
Nice. DL link pls.
Brilliant work you did.

Love the colors you used.

Please release it
This guy is a very talented man. Sorry but I love your work a lot really.

Undoubtly when this work it is available I will download it.

This is just a suggestion, smove. In my humble opinion, of course:

I think there are a difference on the level between the main menu and the rest. I'm totally sure you can improve that screen to make it more original with elements such the rest of screens. The rest of screens are just perfect.

Cheers, my friend.
Quote from Lynce :I think there are a difference on the level between the main menu and the rest. I'm totally sure you can improve that screen to make it more original with elements such the rest of screens.

That's not an easy one. I must admit the title screen was the first I worked on and it may be conclusive if the later screens improved and developed further. But in my opinion the exact needed amount of what the title "promises" can be seen on the screen: speed! I'm not sure which elements could amplify the "meaning" of this screen: Every car is mentioned with its abbreviation, there is the silhouette of one of the most famous cars depicted, "LFS" is encrypted in a barcode, nearly all of the screen seems to be in motion. I think the essence of LFS is covered - unless you have a specific idea? Maybe you can help me.

Further, I worked on the exit screen, but I'm not entirely sure about it yet. I think it's a bit inconsequent regarding the rest of the screens and I feel like I should abstract the lens flare a bit more, but I have to admit I like the atmospheric look of it ... thoughts?
Attached images
smove_exit.jpg
One more update I nearly forgot: The shadow on the garage screen now is a bit darker as suggested by luchian, and the setup screen received a bit more depth in the track section - I hope you can spot it.
Attached images
smove_garage.jpg
smove_setup.jpg
all looking good,top job
The garage looks better with more shadow. Luchian was right.

I like the lines in the new track selection screen, it adds more depth and more detail, but there is a small problem. The track map is not as visible as it was in the old track selection screen, because it's about the same color as the background in the top section (see picture). It would be great if you could keep the lines and make track more visible at the same time.
Attached images
smove.jpg
Quote from kitu_gudu :The track map is not as visible as it was in the old track selection screen, because it's about the same color as the background in the top section (see picture). It would be great if you could keep the lines and make track more visible at the same time.

You are right there, I've also noticed that. I will alter the gradient behind the lines to improve visibility of the track. Thanks for pointing that out!
I like it great work:lovies3d:, when you finish I downloading it.
but you can add superposed track map in the selection screen of track,that improve more style.
this is just my opinion, anyway, good job.
Thanks mate.

But I didn't quite understand - how do you mean that exactly?

Quote from lfsrm :but you can add superposed track map in the selection screen of track,that improve more style.

Quote from lfsrm :like that :

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=60608&d=1214995006

but I'm not asking you to do the same thing , just the idea.

I see and I like the idea. But unfortunately this won't be achievable with my concept because the backgrounds will finally be shared by different monitor resolutions and - more crucially - aspect ratios, so the position of the tracks will change vertically referring to the background. So ... sorry!
As i said i recommend you make your interface in 2048x2048 resolution. And lfsrm's idea good but colours not good. That lightblue-orange theme is awesome

Can't wait for release
Quote from Frunze118 :As i said i recommend you make your interface in 2048x2048 resolution. And lfsrm's idea good but colours not good. That lightblue-orange theme is awesome

Can't wait for release

All the files WILL be in 2048x2048 resolution.
Release release release release release release.
Quote from smove :One more update I nearly forgot: The shadow on the garage screen now is a bit darker as suggested by luchian, and the setup screen received a bit more depth in the track section - I hope you can spot it.

+1.

Anyway, the two new screenies are amazing. The update is fantastic.

Quote from smove :That's not an easy one. I must admit the title screen was the first I worked on and it may be conclusive if the later screens improved and developed further. But in my opinion the exact needed amount of what the title "promises" can be seen on the screen: speed! I'm not sure which elements could amplify the "meaning" of this screen: Every car is mentioned with its abbreviation, there is the silhouette of one of the most famous cars depicted, "LFS" is encrypted in a barcode, nearly all of the screen seems to be in motion. I think the essence of LFS is covered - unless you have a specific idea? Maybe you can help me.

Further, I worked on the exit screen, but I'm not entirely sure about it yet. I think it's a bit inconsequent regarding the rest of the screens and I feel like I should abstract the lens flare a bit more, but I have to admit I like the atmospheric look of it ... thoughts?

I know, the main screen is not easy to work on it due your words. What is expected? Hehehehe. I believe in you, I'm sure you can make it more original. More exclusive. I think you don't need my opinion for the main screen. You have a lot of talent and I like your style.

I don't like the lens flare but I agree with you that increase the good taste of the screen. As in videos, the lens flare, changes almost everything in a video, transforming into a musical clip and immersing to the espectator on the atmosphere of the video.

Your screen means the atmosphere of Live for Speed resulting in a total immersion in a race or championship and when you leave the game you become to real life, such a dream.

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me.

Keep up the good work.

Me wants to download this!
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Thanks for all the positive and constructive feedback so far. It's great fun working this way, although these won't be more than background pictures in a racing sim and forgotten instantly when sitting in the car. But it's been a nice exercise for me and if some of you enjoy and use the resulting files it will be even more rewarding.

Nevertheless, we haven't crossed the line yet - now it's YOUR turn! I've uploaded all the backgrounds but they are only alpha at the moment and will be overhauled after you've tested them. Please report problems in this thread. Thanks!

smove's menu backgrounds - V0.1 alpha

After download, put the extracted files into your LFS\data\pic directory. But remember to backup your old files before!

See post #1 for more screenshots.
Great. I will test them right now.
Such a cool present for friday evening. Thank you for your work
Good karma for LFS lately: Scawen is trying out new patches, Lynce is making good progress with glorious Fern Bay, and you gave a new look to LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG