The online racing simulator
Any user can use /clear command [fixed in 0.6B5]
So the Kingsburys (Bmxtwins and Mustangman759) brought this to my attention, and I have confirmed this:

A non-admin can use the /clear command to clear all racers from the grid.

I find this to be a bit insecure, since that command can cause strong grief when leagues are setting grids, and if some nefarious person runs that, it can delay proceedings.

Is this intended behaviour or a bug that should be corrected? I believe that a command such as /clear should be restricted to administrators only.
yea, it also does not even show who did the command so it is impossible to kick/ban the grief causers. Hopefully this can be updated asap
Scawen, please, delete this command /clear at users. Yesterday on championship "Live for Slicks", somebody use this command. The be very bad!!!
Quote from [Audi TT] :Scawen, please, delete this command /clear at users. Yesterday on championship "Live for Slicks", somebody use this command. The be very bad!!!

You can use InSim and identify who used it. The truth is that this command should be only for admins though.

struct IS_ACR // Admin Command Report - any user typed an admin command
{
byte Size; // 72
byte Type; // ISP_ACR
byte ReqI; // 0
byte Zero;

byte UCID; // connection's unique id (0 = host)
byte Admin; // set if user is an admin
byte Result; // 1 - processed / 2 - rejected / 3 - unknown command
byte Sp3;

char Text[64];
};

if Admin == 0 then Kick;
I agree, that command should be made only for admins. I've added that easy change to my notes. Any objections, now's your chance to tell me.
I gotta admit, i knew about it for years, but never thought about it as a bug.
I certainly hope there won't be any objection against it, because it's pretty obvious, how annoying it can be, when it is in hands of public.
No objections at all! Maybe remove the ability for a non-admin to remove anybody from the grid entirely? Or at least a server option.
Quote from Krammeh : Maybe remove the ability for a non-admin to remove anybody from the grid entirely? Or at least a server option.

1000000000000000000% agree with this. I hate it when a race is about to start and some random guy removes everybody from the grid, and then starts the race with just him/her.
#9 - amp88
Quote from Krammeh :Maybe remove the ability for a non-admin to remove anybody from the grid entirely? Or at least a server option.

Ordinary users being able to remove drivers who haven't "readied up" for an online race is a good reason not to restrict access to admins only, as I noted here a while ago.
Quote from Krammeh :No objections at all! Maybe remove the ability for a non-admin to remove anybody from the grid entirely? Or at least a server option.

I agree with this as well. In league racing you have admins around who should have the power to sort the grid by removing people. In public racing In-Sim Apps are in control or, if not, there are the public kick/ban votes possible.

Maybe what would also be cool in this context to have some option of auto gridding. In endurance races the qualifying is often detached from the race. Maybe some command like /autogrid_[username]_[pos] so the racers can join whenever they want but are gridded in their qualifying position when the race session starts.
Or will made two sort this servers.
1) /sort=general
2) /sort=liga
where, general - command /clear open for users
and where, liga - command /clear closed for users

And the same way forbid add AI-bot for liga. /carshost=0; /carsguest=0.
Quote from Scawen :I agree, that command should be made only for admins. I've added that easy change to my notes. Any objections, now's your chance to tell me.

great
thilo's suggestion is good too but defiantly can live with no /clear
Quote from Krammeh :No objections at all! Maybe remove the ability for a non-admin to remove anybody from the grid entirely?

Not a good idea, when somebody is "asleep" a race never can start anymore when there is no admin around.

Well .. It is a good idea if there is a timer to "ready up". Failed to click on ready in X seconds then auto spectate. (Same timer as when you try to leave pits when race just started).

But .. For league races this is unwanted cause nobody can delay race start anymore then. So, difficult :P

---
/clear is a real nasty one. Doesn't even get mentioned in the log. (Similar when you admin with LFS remote, also nothing in the log) ...

/clear better be admin only
Scawen fix this
Quote from Bmxtwins :Scawen fix this

look below

Quote from Scawen :I agree, that command should be made only for admins. I've added that easy change to my notes. Any objections, now's your chance to tell me.

Also, in regards to the restricting one-by-one removal....If possible, set it as a configurable option in the server, some flag like /gridremove=x // 0 = Any; 1 = Admin; 2 = No one

d
I do not object to this change. Grid commands should be Admin only as they are usually the ones in charge of gridding and such during events and races.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins : iphone typoes LOL
It never crossed my mind to even try using this command when not signed in using an admin password. So yes, admin use only.
Quote from cargame.nl :Not a good idea, when somebody is "asleep" a race never can start anymore when there is no admin around.

Well .. It is a good idea if there is a timer to "ready up". Failed to click on ready in X seconds then auto spectate. (Same timer as when you try to leave pits when race just started).

But .. For league races this is unwanted cause nobody can delay race start anymore then. So, difficult :P

---
/clear is a real nasty one. Doesn't even get mentioned in the log. (Similar when you admin with LFS remote, also nothing in the log) ...

/clear better be admin only

/clear is a nasty one, yes. But whats stopping a user doing lots of clicks? nothing. It's a manual way of doing /clear.

edit: Maybe clicking the - button next to the user should call a vote to spectate, rather than just removing them.
And what if multiple users start a vote, just for fun? Only one vote procedure at the time.. What if there is a vote started on the wrong person, and after that on another wrong person?

The - button is missing a confirmation screen, that is something to begin with
Quote from cargame.nl :And what if multiple users start a vote, just for fun? Only one vote procedure at the time.. What if there is a vote started on the wrong person, and after that on another wrong person?

The - button is missing a confirmation screen, that is something to begin with

Only able to start a "- vote" on a user that is not "ready"
Thanks - fixed in 0.6B5
/echo
The /msg command is also bugged, on any server you can do the /echo command and it will display a message from the dedi server. ( Can be really funny)

eg

There's joe and bob, both non admin. Bob can go /echo joe : Im the best at Driving who wants to race me.

and it wiil display it as

JOE : Im the best at Driving who wants to race me.
even though BOB is doing the typing.

you can use ^7 for colors which makes it easy to replicate others names.

A good one that made me crack up is /echo ^5JOE has logged in as Admin.

Scary huh!
Well, /echo displays the text only on your screen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG