The online racing simulator
Replay setups?
(24 posts, started )
#1 - efast
Replay setups?
In replays, I know you can "Test Drive" and drive the replay person's car, but i wonder is there a way to get the replay's car's setup? illepall
From a programming point of view yes you can play with a hex editor and extract what you need, if you know what to look for, but I think most wr setups are available etc so why bother, if it's not a PM to the racer that used it will prolly get you something similar or some useful advise, most ppl are approachable and share lots of stuff
Quote from ShannonN :From a programming point of view yes you can play with a hex editor and extract what you need, if you know what to look for

Have you sucessfully done this? I have looked at them with the hex editor, and it didn't really stick out...I was thinking about writing an app to do this if I can figure out the pattern.

Thanks!
it is forbidden to speak about that, so if you do not want to see the thread deleted, do not ask for a solution to steal setups from replays
You used to be able to, but Scawen stopped this ages ago.

(IIRC)
Quote from Bob Smith :You used to be able to, but Scawen stopped this ages ago.

(IIRC)

You can't extract the whole setup but you can get quite a lot of the values from a replay if you know where to look
im against this as people put alot of time and effort into their sets and most of the time the car is set up for their driving style sure a better set will make u faster but stealing someones set without their permission is just wrong its allmost as bad as just cracking LFS personaly i never buy games and allways crack them but their is only 2 games in my life i would ever pay money for 1 is LFS the other is lineage2 so respect the dev's and the makers of the sets
Why is the only full stop in that post in the users name? :|
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :Why is the only full stop in that post in the users name? :|

rofl
#10 - p1u
With brains you can extract those setups from replays (meh idiot, so mi not able to do so :E)
One approach you can take is to use F1PerfView to look at some of the settings - ride height and camber. You can also compare your results with theirs and work out approximate spring and bar rates.

It is also possible to extract the full setup from memory directly but as mentioned before this is a no no and the last time I posted any useful info about this, my post was deleted and the thread was closed. So I'm keeping schtum.
replays
Is there a way to get replays .spr or .mpr into .wma or mp4? Is there a special program?
The only way is to use Fraps (or equivalent), then recode/compress using either Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas (or equivalent) or the other thing that I think is called VirtualDub. My memory is seriously affected by this heat/humidity (we've just had a little storm, and now it's very uncomfortable).
Quote from tristancliffe :The only way is to use Fraps (or equivalent), then recode/compress using either Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas (or equivalent) or the other thing that I think is called VirtualDub. My memory is seriously affected by this heat/humidity (we've just had a little storm, and now it's very uncomfortable).

Send it here

The storm I mean not..the rest..
#15 - Jakg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Is there a way to get replays .spr or .mpr into .wma or mp4? Is there a special program?

to get a replay into .wma you need a VERY special program!
ah ha

nvm, il just use you tube...

wait... maybe not
Quote from Jakg :to get a replay into .wma you need a VERY special program!

Or Fraps and Windows Media Encoder.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from IReallyHateBureaucracy :Or Fraps and Windows Media Encoder.

.wma - windows meda audio - i think he meant .wmv
I use windows explorer to get a video in wmA. You select the file, press F2, highlight the last three letters and type wma. What's more WMP will still play it (after moaning that it had to read the file rather than just look at the extension).
wmv got it
Quote from Jakg :.wma - windows meda audio - i think he meant .wmv

Nuur - I missed that. I didn't mean to be facetious.
okay i used the windows media thingy, but this is what came out...

i named it test it didnt come out wmv it came out wme for the player? what should i do??
Give up and go to bed.
Quote from Bob Smith :Give up and go to bed.

different time zone CHECKillepall

Replay setups?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG