The online racing simulator
Cupcake!
(4 posts, started )
Cupcake!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=4zyWbsf1Vw8

Wanted to make a short little video so i can add it as a phone background. It's my first video for almost a year and with my new setup. I don't know if i sped the footage up too much or if it's perfect. The little edits in the beginning i don't like so im going to reupload w/o them. Will start a serious video later this month

Like i said, i need tips and or tricks on speeding up .500 footage and how to do it perfectly everytime because i can't use my preview window in vegas to watch on higher than good quality.
oh god, dat song D:
That music deserves a very chaotic editing, lot's of cuts, and camera shaking, some extreme detail. I see quite nice camera angles following by average ones at best.

What I'd do is

1. Sync it perfectly to the music - would make TONS of difference

2. Special effects :

Add some fine detail in editing, like camera mounted on the quarterpanel, facing the wheel, and dirt and bits of rubber getting stuck on the camera's lense for example, obstructing the view a bit.

Also in some shots where cars are rapidly approaching or leaving - give it a bit of blur fading in and out, simulating camera trying to find focus. it should be done very quickly, so it wouldn't feel stretched out.

Give it slightly less pronounced colour correction. So it would feel more natural, the effects i mentioned before would give it enough of a dirty and raw look, compensating for the colour scheme of the whole video.

3. Camera work

If you use first person view - rotate the camera around simulating head/eye movement, maybe add helmet view overlay, so it feels like you're looking from the driver's eyes. Use more cameras positioned on the car (quarterpanels, hood, roof), as if you're using HD Hero GoPro camera in real life. It adds to the realism of the video, and use less cameras floating through the air if possible.
Accent your video by showcasing some fine detail (just for half a sec in a quick cut sequence is fine) like rev limiter light lighting up, or the tachometer when the RPM climbs rapidly, maybe low FOV view of the rear wheels locking up wiht help of handbrake, or taillights igniting, wheel being turned, cone on the track being hit and flying off etc etc etc.

Also do it widescreen and as high a defenition as you can...

Your camera shaking is a nice touch, I liked that one quite a bit.

Hope that helps make your next video a killer one
Thanks squiddy for the massive input, will help me for my next video indefinitely

Cupcake!
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG