The online racing simulator
dedicated host WITH graphics?
(9 posts, started )
Another likely dumb hosting question. :o I've found my way around the basics of a dedicated host without graphics. I was wondering if it's possible to setup a dedicated host with graphics.. but without having to utilize my username to sign in? If that doesn't make sense, let me know & I'll try and re-word/explain, lol.
Yeah it doesnt make sense.

Why would you need graphics in the first place? Waste of resources.
Scenario.. Monday's "GT2" class, Tuesday's "GT3" class, Wed's something different, and so on.

I'd like to be able to launch a server and use the games graphical interface to easily select which cars are and aren't available. (without having to alter a text file every time I want to change that detail I mean) At the same time, I'd like to be able to connect to said server without the need of multiple LFS accounts. I'm guessing this isn't possible? (resources are moot.. a toaster could run LFS with 16x AA/AF these days )
lfs folder\docs\commands.txt <- read and learn commands! You can use those also in dedi host console.
Quote from Eclipsed :...You can use those also in dedi host console.

Considering it's a simple server for me & a few squadmates on voice comms I was hoping to keep things as simple as possible, (or in other words, not fool with console/text at all :o), but appreciated. I suppose that's probably the closest I'll get?
2 options - dedi host console (no licence required) or start new game in LFS with graphics. Or buy another account...
It's easier to type /cars=ALL-RB4-FXO or /cars=TBO+GTR then go through all the graphical hassle in my opinion.

No need to alter .txt .cfg or whatever.
#8 - Bean0
If you don't want to connect to the server to change things, you can use LFS Remote.
Just put the admin pass in when you join the server in remote and you can use any of the commands you could use if you were on the server.
Was hoping for a different answer, (as even after having S2 for 7 years, I can't always remember every car designation etc), but thanks guys.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG