The online racing simulator
Android phone woes - AAARGGH!!!
(20 posts, started )
Howdy my lovers.

I need help with my Android phone if any of you could be so kind. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which so far, has proved to be an awesome little tool which I love dearly. However, I have had problems with it lately concerning the (lack of) internal storage.

It fills up too easy! I have an SD card and everything that can be moved onto there, is. Unfortunately, some apps like Facebook are huge memory hogs and cannot be moved. I also have an abundance of "in-built" apps that I do not want or need yet I cannot delete them. I have worked out that the in-built apps are taking up at least 60mb of storage!! I've done some research, and everything says I need to root the phone to remove these apps.

My question is, could one of you guys please give me a step by step guide on how I root my phone and remove these bloody apps? If I'm successful in removing them, feel free to give me a call when you are down these neck of te woods - I'll buy you a pint or 4.

Many thanks,
Frenchy
Thing is rooting is different for every phone, and difficulty to do so is different. They told me it's easy for my phone (HTC Wildfire) and when i tried it it turned out that it's not that easy, and i'm not too comfortable with doing that.. Try going to XDA developers forum, find the section for your phone and look for the tutorial.
Quote from lukelfs :Assuming this is your phone, (please check before doing anything)

Check out this forum,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1282011

and then here,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1164

Hope it helps, if not go on YouTube, your bound to find a tutorial.

That is indeed my phone. Thanks!

I am right in assuming that when the phone is rooted, it will still act the same as now (i.e I can download stuff from the Playstore, call people etc?) except with the added benefit of being able to remove the in-built apps. Am I right?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That is indeed my phone. Thanks!

I am right in assuming that when the phone is rooted, it will still act the same as now (i.e I can download stuff from the Playstore, call people etc?) except with the added benefit of being able to remove the in-built apps. Am I right?

Yes of course. Rooting is like admin rights in windows.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That is indeed my phone. Thanks!

Yes that's right, there are apps in the store that you can use to remove these 'bloatware' apps
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Gio, they are pretty much the same hardware wise. I also got frustrated with my phone getting slower and slower with every new official firmware. Eventually I got frustrated and rooted it, then installed Cyanogenmod unofficial firmware. The diffirence is huge! No freezes at all now. The phone has been reborn to me.

It was a pain in the butt to understand how to get things started, but it is not as tough as it looks like. You basically need to find the firmware you need, then put it onto SD card, after that reboot int recovery mode and there you can install the needed firmware for rooting or replacing the firmware. It looks like a boot menu on Windows install CD, if you ever reinstalled WIndows you will find out what to do faster. You'll find instructions at the same places where the firmware files are. XDA site is the place where you should start looking.

It's difficult to understand at first, get ready for it.
Buy a Lumia. Throw that crap away.
#9 - Omar1
i have a galaxy mini, updated the andriod from 2.2 to 2.3 and i cant hear callers now, have to use headphones witch sucks!
Quote from TexasLTU :Buy a Lumia. Throw that crap away.

yeah, why not... why not to buy a shit phone?
Quote from TexasLTU :Buy a Lumia. Throw that crap away.

W7 pls... Rather a crappy symbian than that.
Quote from Robilon :yeah, why not... why not to buy a shit phone?

It's not a shit phone, it's only problem is that it runs shitty OS.
The version of it with non-shitty OS (Nokia N9) is pretty nice actually.
Android fanboys
my iPhone hasn't had any issues with not enough memory.
Quote from Bmxtwins :my iPhone hasn't had any issues with not enough memory.

That's because it doesn't has any functionality at all, so there's nothing that memory could be used up by.
As soon as I replace the USB PCB on my HTC Legend, I'll root it. I have the same issue. (the kit to repair costs $10, including all tools and shipment.)
Quote from Bmxtwins :my iPhone hasn't had any issues with not enough memory.

Ah, just like my Nokia 6230i, it is sweet with a slimmed phone os, do you also only need to charge once a week?

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG