The online racing simulator
Don't write that much on the forum, but you really deseve a Happy Birthday. Don't know that many games out there that get to this age without being forgotten or completely obsolete.
Congrats on this great project and good luck continuing it.
Quote from rockclan : Au revoir... you will not be missed.

Fixed

@th

Happy B-day LFS, 7 years playing it and still loving it.
Quote from paulinho :Congrats on being around for 10 years

Here is to the next 10 years of LFS S3, LFS2 and all your other lovely projects

:hide:

Happy birthday to LFS.
Quote from Franky.S :u have game only 2 year and now u complain to no content..

stop cruise and enjoy racing maybe u stop complain about new content..

You have been here according to your "Join Date" only 6 months longer. What's your point? Every other game I have ever bought that said they were going to release an update has released it within a reasonable amount of time. (years is not a reasonable amount of time. They screwed up giving an estimated release date and now they have missed that date horribly.) If Scavier can't handle criticism of its product and management skills, they should change industries.

Here's to all the trolls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppN3ZjuwHk
Quote from edge3147 :You have been here according to your "Join Date" only 6 months longer. What's your point? Every other game I have ever bought that said they were going to release an update has released it within a reasonable amount of time. (years is not a reasonable amount of time. They screwed up giving an estimated release date and now they have missed that date horribly.) If Scavier can't handle criticism of its product and management skills, they should change industries.

Here's to all the trolls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppN3ZjuwHk

yes... and i still enjoy lfs. still some rae combos i never did. still some pbs i must beat. plenty for me to do.

and we know lfs is dying so go play something else. an ofc devs can take critisism, u dont see them raging at us. they ignore trolls like u which is good.
come on guys. Lets not turn another thread into a flame-fest. LFS will never be the same as it used to be. This isn't LFS' fault, our gaming tastes change through time. The reason I stopped playing was because all the guy/gals I enjoyed racing against slowly drifted away. Again, this is just down to peoples tastes changing.
LFS is still one of the best sims out there. I'm sure the "new" users are having just as much fun as the older drivers did when they were rookies to LFS.
I agree with Franky.S. There is still so much for people to explore but it's down to you to actually explore it. I've not set as many PB's as i'd like with various combinations, but all in good time.

Happy 10th Anniversary LFS. And Congratulations on making it this far.
Happy BDay LFS! :eclipsee_
#34 - col
Many happy returns LFS
-
What? (Bogey Jammer) DELETED by Bogey Jammer : PM error
Wow! 10 years is quite a long time for anything to survive on the internet! Congrats to LFS
#36 - kone
11906 litres of fuel burned, last race online 19 April 2008.
When I tried the first version available in 2002 at the age of 15 I steered with mouse. I didn't have a wheel and I didn't like the keyboard steering. So, after some time I went and bought a joystick with my own money. Didn't afford a wheel. In 2006 after four years of quite active racer I finally managed to buy a Momo wheel. It was the time when LFS really hit me. After every single update I've waited for the next one to see what kind of improvements they've managed to make. But now after 10 years of playing, years of waiting, getting rid of my playing gear (including my PC) and having a child...I'm still waiting. Just because I love the game.

10 years have passed, babies pop up and new things come along with LFS. But I think the devs devotion isn't gone as mine definitely isn't. I think they just got laid. Women...

So...as I've lived my life with LFS by my side I raise my mouse to the devs (have to raise the whole damn Macbook for this one). Congratulations! I've enjoyed every moment!
Quote from dadge :come on guys. Lets not turn another thread into a flame-fest. LFS will never be the same as it used to be. This isn't LFS' fault, our gaming tastes change through time. The reason I stopped playing was because all the guy/gals I enjoyed racing against slowly drifted away. Again, this is just down to peoples tastes changing.
LFS is still one of the best sims out there. I'm sure the "new" users are having just as much fun as the older drivers did when they were rookies to LFS.
I agree with Franky.S. There is still so much for people to explore but it's down to you to actually explore it. I've not set as many PB's as i'd like with various combinations, but all in good time.

Happy 10th Anniversary LFS. And Congratulations on making it this far.

I don't think "changing taste" is the reason LFS is slowly losing players, the fact remains that there are other games that are more frequently updated. Those other games are what is changing people's taste. Had LFS developed much faster, the outcome could be very different, but seeing as how we have not discovered time travel, we will never know.
Happy 10th Anniversary LFS.
rather 8 years and 10 months of life and 1 year and 2 months of dead

Added Fri, Jun 17th, 2011 17:00
> New version: 0.6B

Happy Birthday anyway
Yeah happy birthday LFS!

I've been a man of the very first hour 0.04k!

Looking forward to see LFS grow further!

C'mon devs!
Happy birthday LFS! Know that when I need a brake, I play LFS, and only LFS, since I'm S2 (3 years, wow) and not any other games. LFS is the only simulator for me. And it's not dead, just see how much people post on the forum everyday...
I remember discovering LFS on an included DVD from some well known computer magazine in 2003. It was an early pre-S1 alpha build if I remember correctly. Played for 8 years on the demo before purchasing the game about 6 months ago.

Have rarely played outside of single player in those years though.

Happy 10th LFS, and here to another 10 years.
Quote from Impreza09 :Happy birthday LFS! Know that when I need a brake, I play LFS, and only LFS, since I'm S2 (3 years, wow) and not any other games. LFS is the only simulator for me. And it's not dead, just see how much people post on the forum everyday...

I'm happy for you, but you're missing good stuff. The past was not always better and LFS now is the past!!! for me
Wow 10 years? A lot of time has passed..

Sad to see how the game in which I put so much effort and wasted so many hours become what it is now, and if it's still running it's because of the great community it still clearly has.

I'd say happy birthday, LFS'ers :P
Quote from ShMaunder :I remember discovering LFS on an included DVD from some well known computer magazine in 2003.

Exactly how I found it in '05.
Quote from ShMaunder :I remember discovering LFS on an included DVD from some well known computer magazine in 2003. It was an early pre-S1 alpha build if I remember correctly. Played for 8 years on the demo before purchasing the game about 6 months ago.

I also found it on a computer magazin CD called '"ZED" in Hungary. Was about the end of 2002. Was... a while ago.
Quote from ShMaunder :I remember discovering LFS on an included DVD from some well known computer magazine in 2003. It was an early pre-S1 alpha build if I remember correctly. Played for 8 years on the demo before purchasing the game about 6 months ago.

Pretty sure that's how I found it too? Wasn't it PC Gamer or similar?
Well,if we start to share stories about discovering LFS - first time I saw it on GIGA tv,there was a report about some race,no idea,what league it was,they were driving FOX at BL1,every car was white if I remember correctly,most likely the dudes in tv had not auto skin download. Then about a year later I bought PC and somehow found LFS,looking at the dates now - wow,I'm involved in almost half of LFS's existance...
Quote from lukelfs :Pretty sure that's how I found it too? Wasn't it PC Gamer or similar?

GameLive at that time, later it was renamed to PCLife (at least in Spain). I still have that magazine and it's CD with LFS 0.4 demo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG