The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2012: Round 6 Race Discussion (Race Format Described Within)
So after 5 rounds of 10 complete, LFSCART makes its second ever trip to an oval on the autocross lot, this time a 1 km paperclip shaped oval. It'll have 24-24.5 second laps on average, fuel won't be an issue, and you can actually get a decent draft going into the corners.

This will be considered an oval round, so remember R2s only, TS3 attendance for the races is mandatory.

A few other notes:
The 75% rule will be enforced as such: If there are 15 or fewer competitors, it will be enforced as standard. If there are 16 or greater competitors, finishing less than 75% race distance will automatically award you ONLY 15th place points, no matter where you finish.
If you fail to make the main race (in the event of 16+ cars) you will be awarded points, starting from 16th, based on your qualifying time. Anyone who qualifies 31st fastest (counting all competitors) or slower will be given 30th place points.

Hotlap qualifying will take place as per standard oval qualifying (one outlap, two hotlaps) - this time the inlap is optional.

Heat races will take place regardless of # of attendees, as a tool to help you prepare for the main race. Each heat race will be 18 laps + 2 pace laps, minimum of 2 heat races, split evenly (1,3,5,7,9 etc in 1, 2,4,6,8 etc in 2, every 3rd driver in case of 3, every 4th driver in case of 4, etc) - Pole sitter will not race any heat race and will not be counted in the calculation of how many cars / heat

The main race will be 98+2 laps long.

Grid will be set as such:
1st place: Fastest in Hotlaps
2nd-13th Place: Heat race advancers, # of advancers on heats based on even split between the # of heats [any remainder is truncated, and any extra open spots will be given to those who do not race their way in] (2 heats = top 6 each, 3 heats = top 4 each, 4 heats = top 3 each.
14th & 15th place = fastest of those not pole or those who didn't race their way in

Race weekend timetable:

23:59 UTC Friday, 10 August 2012: Signups lockout begins

Saturday, 11 August 2012:

15:05 UTC Deadline for confirmation and entry requirements
17:05 UTC Qualifying, 45 minutes afforded. Will use Automatic Qualifer; One outlap, Two Hotlaps (Inlap not required)
18:00 UTC Heat Races (should be 8-10 mins each), scheduling time for 3, any unused time will be break / free practice), 5 minutes from heat complete to next heat start (gridding will take place during this window)
18:53 UTC Grid Stacking
19:00 UTC Race (98+2 laps; approx. 40 minutes if green all the way; 3hr time limit as per all ovals)

18:00 UTC Sunday, 12 August 2012: Signups lockout ends

Server password and info will be PM'd to confirmed entrants after the confirmations deadline expires.
Track map by Flame CZE Attached.

Also about race starts:

Since the grid forms opposite the track direction, on the start, you will do a u-turn into the pitlane, then be in the correct direction. Once you exit the pitlane and join the backstraight, form up double file.

The blue chalk line and corresponding blue tyres is the restart line - do not accelerate before this line (partly to keep acceleration in a straight line for most if not all). It will apply on the start and all restarts.

SC Speed 80 kph / 49 mph

Pitlane Speed: 50 kph / 31 mph. Will be checked as able during, and double checked after the session.

Resetting outside of a pit box will get you DSQ'd from that session.
Attached images
2012_LFSCART_R5_Map.png
ts down?
TS IP 109.70.149.232:10005

That's the new IP for those who don't have it.

I TOLD THILO HE SHOULD HAVE SENT IT OUT!11!!!1!!!11!!!111
Sorry for 14 for the contact, I got sucked in draft underbraking and couldn't avoid it...
Even if I got lucky and got into main race,one little mistake and I damaged my car,then 10minutes of car reset trying,didn't work for me that thing... AU really misses real pitstalls (and custom grids)... The area could be more useful for racing with these extras...
riegler stays 20% cooler
Great job drivers that we didn't have to scramble a single Safety Car! Well Done!
Quote from Eclipsed :Even if I got lucky and got into main race,one little mistake and I damaged my car,then 10minutes of car reset trying,didn't work for me that thing... AU really misses real pitstalls (and custom grids)... The area could be more useful for racing with these extras...

Maybe in S4
Boring race with reset fail. But i got points, lololol!
I think Bean0 for driver of the day

This was pretty awesome imo. I did shit yet I smiled afterwards.
Not bad. If not from a spin or two, I could've been better than only 9th.
Quote from hyntty :i think bean0 for driver of the day

This was pretty awesome imo. I did shit yet i smiled afterwards.

+1
This track was perfect, r2 tires were borderline, yet lasted fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG