The online racing simulator
Splits marked on map
(14 posts, started )
Splits marked on map
I think it would be cool to have marked splits on map, now only white line is so... empty
Attached images
map.JPG
and when you have droven the split, the split snippet will fill with some colour, for example in F1 S1= red S2= yellow and S3= green. but there's some tracks that has more splits than 3.
well, that's a good suggestion but dunno how it would work on the open layouts... and imo the colour-thing isn't needed...
I think the whole map indicator can be greatly overhauled when developers 1st will have some time of course
+1
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I think the whole map indicator can be greatly overhauled when developers 1st will have some time of course

What features do you think could be added?

I think the map is pretty much okay the way it is. Adding more stuff to it could easily lower the readability of the map. But yellow line color for sectors where there is yellow flags could be one addition.
How about a 1 pixel drop shadow to make it stand out a bit more?
Yes, that would improve the readability of the map. As of now, it can easily blend with the surroundings/background.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I think it would be cool to have marked splits on map, now only white line is so... empty

This good idea. Me this don't suffice.
I think splits should especially be shown on open layouts, that way one can guess the route much better on an unknown layout
Well, if someone does not know the layout, it's better for everyone to have him spectate and learn the layout before he attempts to drive it. Having 20 cars guessing the route causes mess 101% of the time...
Actually a good thought, maybe adding the feature that once you cross the split the track turns into red (no improvement), green (personal best sector time), purple (session's best sector time). In Open configs, splits as well as marshall areas should be shown there. For example if you creat a restrictive circle, that part of the track disappears. That way you could draw ingame maps for Open Configs.
One more idea: Positioning the map at the bottom of the screen. I can't place it to my top left corner, because PlayClaw displays some information there, and at top right it often covers my mirror so I can't clearly see what's behind my car.

Splits marked on map
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG