The online racing simulator
Browse For Speed - 0.6
(28 posts, started )
#26 - wabz
No. You need to read up on character encoding (and probably fonts).

I have it working - but I won't release it yet as we have some other things in mind too, and as this is purely a display thing it's not urgent. Attached is the code I use, but I'm reading it from the network (we don't use pubstat for this stuff) - so I have it in bytes already. You will need to do some conversions.
http://www.browseforspeed.net/redlineracing.jpg

BTW, this doesn't display properly in LFS Manager either.

Note that it appears you have to give the hostname in the other silly format (latin-1, with ^J etc to specify charsets) for LFS.exe /hostname.

getLFSString.txt

have fun

p.s if you have questions, can we please take it out of this thread (programmers forum?) as this has gone quite off-topic.
Attached files
getLFSString.txt - 1.2 KB - 298 views
Quote from CrazyICE :joining isn't the thing...this works also if the name is not really correctly displayed...
but me don't know a way to show the characters correctly...
not with the components I use...

how are u going to diplay those chars...using the same "bitmaps" as LFS and draw them into the list like an image?

Of course not . Depends on language you use. In .Net languages char is natively 16-bit unicode (you need converter LFS <-> Unicode - see source of LFSLapper), you can also compile C++ with unicode support (i think you have to predefine _UNICODE or sth like that). Dunno about basics..., but components should show unicode symbols; after all, Windows are natively unicode. Basically you have to search for ^L,^E,^T,etc in LFS text and then map following bytes according to current LFS page.
thx guys....
and sorry for off topic...

Browse For Speed - 0.6
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG