The online racing simulator
Forza drifter...new to LFS, have some questions...
Well as the title says, I'm a Forza player. Recently I was introduced to LFS and I've played enough of the demo to know that the physics are very well-done, and the graphics definitely aren't bad, but I'm just curious about what the community is like for drifters :/

Coming from Forza, there are dozens of teams that we create and tandem battle against each other, with judges and everything. Is there something similar to be found in the LFS community? Also, the game has a lot of cars that...well, aren't real lol. Actually all of them. But when I watch YouTube videos of LFS drifting, they're in S15's, AE86's, M3 E30's, Supras, etc. with custom liveries and aftermarket parts. Obviously these are acquired through other means, and it brings some questions to mind about compatibility and whether or not other players see what you see on your screen.

I guess what I'm looking to avoid is buying the S2 license and then being left in the dark in terms of the community not being active or something like that. Anybody have any advice or words of wisdom that may sway me in one direction over the other? I'm basically on the fence with this one. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Drifting in Forza is like drifting in GTA SA.

Well, I could say that LFS-Drifting community has changed a lot. It's not like it used to be back in 2009 or 2008. Most of the iconic drifting teams are inactive due to RL stuff. Although there's many and many new teams out there, but most of them consist of really young, sometimes immature individuals.

There's this competition which goes down weekly [@ friday], ran by FRDC [Full Retard Drift Club]. I must say that judging there is really fair and they always keep an eye on those who tend to troll, which mainly for those who troll end up being banned.

Well, what else could I mention ? It's up to you, but I hope that more ppl will respond to this thread to help you out
the s15s and that is called vob mods.

thay only change the shape of the cars = same car, diffrent apprerence.
"new 3d file."

witch means that you can only see what you are driving.
tho those kind of mods are forbidden and cant be used online, unless the host is allowing it.
#4 - Omar1
Learn to drift on the demo, you'll meet new people, drifters and just funny people you enjoy playing with. When the time is right, get S2, there are plenty of drift servers and layouts to use and normally there's a full server with a good 15-20 people in it. Once you get to know people, its really enjoyable!
I didn't even know you could play the demo online -_-
Haha I'll definitely give it a shot. I've got a Fanatec CSR wheel that should work on LFS, 900degrees here I come lol.
Quote from dmahonec :I didn't even know you could play the demo online -_-
Haha I'll definitely give it a shot. I've got a Fanatec CSR wheel that should work on LFS, 900degrees here I come lol.

You might find this interesting for your wheel.

http://fanaleds.idrift.nl/
Welcome! I play the forza series. The drifting there is ok but has no real feel to it. LFS is the best sim to drift on imo. If you need any help getting started just let me know.
Quote from WikidHunter :Welcome! I play the forza series. The drifting there is ok but has no real feel to it. LFS is the best sim to drift on imo. If you need any help getting started just let me know.

What's your gamertag on Xbox? I'll add you and we can talk a bit, rather than type back and forth or whatever. I could definitely use some help getting set up! I don't know what buttons are considered Button 1, Button 2, etc. on the CSR wheel :/ Makes it hard to change controls and whatnot.

As for everyone else, I appreciate the positive feedback! I'm definitely more than willing to give this game a shot now that I see the community is above-average Gonna fiddle with the demo for a few weeks, and then buy S2 when I'm ready.

@Bose321: Just downloaded the application, gonna try it out tomorrow. Makes me wish they had something similar on Forza lol.
Quote from dmahonec :What's your gamertag on Xbox? I'll add you and we can talk a bit, rather than type back and forth or whatever. I could definitely use some help getting set up! I don't know what buttons are considered Button 1, Button 2, etc. on the CSR wheel :/ Makes it hard to change controls and whatnot.

As for everyone else, I appreciate the positive feedback! I'm definitely more than willing to give this game a shot now that I see the community is above-average Gonna fiddle with the demo for a few weeks, and then buy S2 when I'm ready.

@Bose321: Just downloaded the application, gonna try it out tomorrow. Makes me wish they had something similar on Forza lol.

My Xbox Live ran out and I am not going to re-new it for a while but if you have skype then add me.

Do some of the drift servers use tweak?
yes they do..

look for DTD.Nopi driftserver. also look after one of the Driftbeasts servers, they use tweak ability to.

and ofc there is more servers using it. but when i was into driftin i was on these 2.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG