The online racing simulator
Lean me towards PC gaming again..
(105 posts, started )
There's certainly a new ultra-slim PS3 in the works, it's already been confirmed by hidden stuff found on the latest firmware update.
Looking at that pic I can see how snaping disc manually will be really convenient
The good news is I think those are renders from neogaf, so its not new PS3 slim.
But the bad news is they most likely do something like this.
They did same thing with PS2 slim and now they doing it with PS3, chopped it off everything cool and next gen and end up with something that look simple and feel like late 90.

If its true Boris you better buy PS3 now, when cech-30xx entered it replaced all other models in stores if this thing replace 3000 series then
How is the PC compatibility nowadays, are there unresovable gremlins and bugs in the games?
Quote from Boris Lozac :How is the PC compatibility nowadays, are there unresovable gremlins and bugs in the games?

Even on my older rig I rarely come across anything that holds me back from playing. Sure, there would be some games with problems, but I think most new games are fine.
Game problems? Well there's PCGW.
All the different components are as intimidating as ever, nothing has been done on that part eh, there's still million configuration variables..

As for cooling, is one front 12mm vent and one same at the back, enough for keeping the system cool during gaming? Including the Box cooler for Intel, or some cheapish and decent replacement for AMD cpu (heard it's box coolers are awfull and loud).
Quote from Boris Lozac :All the different components are as intimidating as ever, nothing has been done on that part eh, there's still million configuration variables..

As for cooling, is one front 12mm vent and one same at the back, enough for keeping the system cool during gaming? Including the Box cooler for Intel, or some cheapish and decent replacement for AMD cpu (heard it's box coolers are awfull and loud).

It's really easy. If you're not that tech-heavy get some quality hardware so you don't have to worry about it failing.

I think you mean a 120MM fan. Whether it's enough or not totally depends on the hardware in your system and the cooling on them and your case. Go try it out and monitor the temperature and see what happens.
I wouldn't overclock it or anything.. If i send you a picture of my case, could some of you guys suggest the best solution for the cooling and stuff? Or just stick the largest fans that the case supports..
It's Xigmatec Asgard, pretty good case..

That sucks about the PS3. The last thing that comes to mind is reflowing the board, but I doubt that can do anything about the temperatures (I don't know how hot it is where you live). Also, incorrect application of thermal paste or the thermal paste itself may be the problem. Finally, you might want to replace the thermal pads (the black squares) with something else. Maybe you can even try a 19 blade fan.

This page is dedicated to fixing PS3 overheating problems that plague the later fatter PS3s: http://www.squidoo.com/3-tips- ... m-models-cecha01-cechg01-

As for PC game incompatibility, it's a very rare issue.

For cooling. One fan in front and back will do the trick. If you have a vented side panel you can stick a fan there to cool the GPU.

If you're worried about the CPU overheating, you can get a new cooler for it. For example the Cooler Master Hyper 212 does much better than stock, and costs about $25 - $35. You get the benefit of running cooler (can overclock a bit if you want) and running with less noise.

As for upgrades, if you think your CPU isn't adequate, you might want a new CPU. But going the next generation up might require a new motherboard as well.

The GPU is where a good chunk of your gaming performance comes from, provided that your CPU is fast enough not to bottleneck the system. You probably want to spend more money here. Keep in mind that a more powerful GPU might require an upgraded power supply if your older power supply does not have the power to drive it. And make sure you pick a good power supply, because bad power supplies can wreak havoc on your entire system (pick a good one from Newegg for example, with a good amount of reviews).

Here is a best CPU for the money chart for July 2012 by Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/re ... eview-overclock,3106.html

Here's the GPU chart for July 2012 by the same guys: http://www.tomshardware.com/re ... ics-card-review,3107.html
Cheers for those links Scatter.

I was thinking like Asus P8B75-M, Powercolor 7770, i5-3450, 2X4gb DDR3.. And to keep my current power suply (Corsair 400CX), how's this sounding?
Going off of Newegg prices here so bear with me (unless you're using Newegg as well).

An alternative to the Asus board is the ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75. It's a little bit cheaper than your board and doesn't have Lucid Virtu (might be a deal breaker for you, but in my opinion and according to reviews about it, it doesn't work very well), but it has more SATA 6 GB ports and seems to be built a little bit better. Oh and it's ATX as opposed to micro ATX.
It's good if you have multiple hard drives (SSDs even) and want something built to last a little longer. It also boots very fast too.

An alternative for the Powercolor 7770 (seems to be about $130 on Newegg) can be the MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition or the HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition. Reviews tend to favor the HIS. If you spend a little more money, I think you can get yourself a Radeon HD 6850. If you do that, you may want to upgrade your power supply.

Speaking of which this site is pretty useful for calculating how much power you need in your system. I don't know everything in your system so it's best for you to use it and figure it out. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
Nah i was using my local shops sites.. Members on one of the best IT forums in my country say the Corsair 400CX is more then enough for i5/6870 even..

Edit: jus tested the PSU on that site, i included everything and it says 385w, should i be fine with this Corsair then?
Yes, the Corsair is fine if you don't have too many things needed to be powered (like 4 drive bays or 4 hard drives or something).
Quote from MAGGOT :Please start a Psychobilly band.

The guitarist in my last band was previously a bassist in a psychobilly band. He can't play in tune but he makes up for it with enthusiasm.

I have two basses now so I've strung the other with low-tension gut-sounding hybrids for 'billy silliness. I take it out busking and we either do '60s rocksteady and ska tunes or '50s rock n roll. I prefer the traditional rootsy slap sound to the steel-strung psychobilly sound though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :The guitarist in my last band was previously a bassist in a psychobilly band. He can't play in tune but he makes up for it with enthusiasm.

I have two basses now so I've strung the other with low-tension gut-sounding hybrids for 'billy silliness. I take it out busking and we either do '60s rocksteady and ska tunes or '50s rock n roll. I prefer the traditional rootsy slap sound to the steel-strung psychobilly sound though.

Aside from the amazing Streetlight Manifesto show I was at last year, Psychobilly shows are typically the most fun for me. The music is just so... fun. Completely campy, satirical and full of lunacy. I mean, who can't enjoy a song called "Who Killed the Cheerleader?"

Go create your own thread hippies
I already answered your question - get a double bass. Then you can join in all the cool threads with the cool people.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm more a fan of Demented Are Go. Pervy In The Park is a classic.

Mad Sin will probably always be my favorite, but I love 'Slow Down You Grave Robbing Bastard' by The Meteors. Demented Are Go is pretty good, too. Nekromantix is fantastic live.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I already answered your question - get a double bass. Then you can join in all the cool threads with the cool people.

ROFL
Can someone tell me, is E6550 CPU, 2GB (or maybe 4) DDR2 and 7770 GPU enough for BF3 on some medium details?

Lean me towards PC gaming again..
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG