The online racing simulator
G25 steerring degrees
(17 posts, started )
G25 steerring degrees
hi people!
i need some advices...
i buy g25 after Logitech Formula Vibration (no FFB,180 degrees)...
and its hard for me now to i drive exemple: XFR + some SO track with 720 degrees...
so i play with my g25 on 270 degrees.
i whant to know how is faster?
go with 270 degrees or to pratice and pratice with 720?
i know that is on 720 realisam and etc...but i dont know these days im using my G25 like Momo...
how is faster?i mean on XFR beacuse that is my favorite car.
thx on some advices and answer!
Use as much as you are comfortable with I guess
I started using 450 degrees when I switched from my momo to the G25. Then, over the time, I increased it to 540 and after that to 630 degrees. I'm not increasing it anymore as I find it the most comfortable to me.

It's a matter of getting used to it and personal preference.
know that but witch way is to be faster?
im in SERT team and my team m8 have WR on BL1+XFG his name is Djole...
and when i ask him about that he says 270...my face was like =
so i ask other drivers about this witch way its faster?
#5 - Puhba
(Let me jump into this without reason or ryme) In my oppionion i use 90 degrees, (the max my wheel turns :shrug i can whip around and out of situations really fast, so i use the lowest settings i can when it comes to turning degrees.
#6 - Mauni
As Puhba said lower is faster, because you can make faster steering inputs. With lower angles you never have to take hands of steering wheel to turn more.

I myself used 720, when I got my G25 years ago. I then changed to 540 after noticing that I was giving others a big advantage, because in some situations, I couldn't steer fast enough. 540 is IMO good compromise between feel, accuracy and steering speed.
ye ye.thats my problem.i cant go fast enought like on 270.so its little easier for me on 270...but then i should buy Momo. :P
and i drive car several years and i think that is much easier to drive fast irl then in lfs.dont know why exetly but that i think.
450 degrees is the limit where you don't have to move any of your hands from their position on the wheel.

540 degrees is the limit where, on tight turns, you have to move one hand, but not the other.

Any more than this would lead in you having to relocate your hands during a counter steering.

What is faster?
Well, I'd say 450º, because you have the speed of using both hands all the time, and you have a lot more precision than using just 270 degres.

What is funnier?
The more degrees the best.
someone some advices?how you drive guys?i mean on people who have 900 degrees wheels...
Earlier I had only 270° wheels (cheap ones),now I have bought a DFGT,first tried 540°,but I noticed I can't steer properly,so currently I'm sticking to 450°,which feels the best,but until now I have driven only GTRs (both classes) and formulas sort of seriously. The more degrees,the less chance to control car when it spins,the less degrees,the more sensitive steering (too sensitive in straights and slight turns),so I have chosen the "golden middle". Never tried the full lock (900°) though...
I use 450 when racing (road cars). But there are those who race 720+ with H-shift and manual clutch and still go on to win...

720-900 when cruising as I find it more enjoyable experience.
ok.i see that is 450 popular.
and when you use 450 what is yours wheel turn compensation?0 or 1?
Depends on car - today was racing in cargame with UFR,felt better with 0.25 compensation,but earlier with single seaters I changed to 0.50,in oval better is 1. But it's pretty much matter of taste/personal feel. (let's see,what Silver says)
I have a Logitech G27 and I always use the same degrees of rotation (and gearbox settings) as there are in each car in LFS, so road cars and UFR - 720° + H-shifter, XFR 720° + sequential, big GTRs 540° + sequential (FZR - H-shifter) and single-seaters 450° + sequential (BF1 - 400°, MRT - 270°).

Although I admit it isn't the easiest to drive but I tend to use my controller as realistically as possible. Having a wheel with up to 900°, why use 270° in an XFG for example
i will first drive with 720 and auto cluth on h shifter.i think is better and easier on 720.but i need to pratice,feel that,and make that my hadns go faster then before.we will see after several days...
The x-drifter i am i was on 720-900 on my old G25 with axclutch+h-pattern.
And since i´ve bought T500rs that has 1080 "not sure of it 100%sync with lfs on that value tho" but i still tend to use 720/900/450 depending of car and class.

no shifter yet tho.
I'm using 900 degrees, since for me It is comfortable and I can control the car sliding better. ( I drift. )

G25 steerring degrees
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG